“Awesome Place with Bargain Price”
Review of LemonSeed Rooms

LemonSeed Rooms
Ranked #107 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is just awesome:

- Friendly & helpfull owners & staffs
- BIG: big room with bigg king size bed with biggg bathroom.
- Basic Needs: Air-Con, toiletries, medium-size fridge, television with lot of channels, etc.
- Free and very speedy Wi-Fi
- Less Noisy
- Yummy breakfast
- Near BTS Ratchatchewi
- Near Shopping Malls (Platinum, Siam Paragon, Central World, etc)

What else do you need? :)

One minus little thing is we unsure the bed sheet changed everyday.

Thank you Mr. Brian and everybody in Lemonseed for the hospitality and the good experience :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Fransiscus X

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I'll definately be back and I would recommend LemonSeed to anyone. If you're after value for a room that is secure, hygenic, quiet, airconditioned, well-maintained and close to everything then look no further.

The BTS train line, airport line and street market are all within short walking distance. You could also very easily walk to MBK, Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery however it was great to catch the airconditioned BTS for a couple stations. There is also a very convenient family mart 100m down the road.

All staff are very friendly. I've had many great discussions with Brian the manager about recommend hot spots, restaurants and bars... he really knows his way around BKK!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KingKarlV
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in mid May 2012.
After settling the check-in, the guy (whom we thought was the owner, Brian) at the counter took us up to the room. He didn't speak a single word since we entered the place, not even Hello. Even when he showed us how to open the door at the lift area, he didn't say a single word. We thought it was weird, and thought either he didn't know how to speak English, or he just couldn't talk.

Even when he brought us to the room, he went in, turned on the air con, and left, without a breathing a word. Not even asking if we needed anything else. It was so weird that he left the room so abruptly that we had to go after him and ask him for wifi password. He finally spoke his first words!! Telling us the wifi password. So he knew how to speak English and he understood basic english. I thought the basic courtesy was to at least say a hello! Where's the friendliness that everyone was talking about??

The first impression of the place was still ok, just that it was weird for the staff not saying a single word. Not as friendly as we read about.. Anyway, first impression we had of the room: It was huge!!!

There's a fridge, not a mini-bar, but a proper fridge. There's a wardrobe and a big air conditioner. The room is so huge, that it feels empty. Probably can add a table and/or some chairs. Toilet is huge too.. But there's no floor mat.. It will be good if one can be provided within the bathroom. Hair dryer available upon request.. It's a huge room, but everything is just very basic. Nothing to really shout about.

Next day we were greeted by the Brian at breakfast (and realized the guy who took us up to the room wasn't Brian).. Breakfast was good!! Big serving and very yummy. I love the chicken congee that warms my tummy in the morning.. The Pad Thai and fried rice were good too.

Overall a pleasant stay, a basic and relatively clean room.. Location was good too, though still a short walking distance to the nearest BTS station..
Platinum mall and Pratunam market is within walking distance too..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elshjj
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the years and have written a couple of positive reviews of the place. It's not an amazing guest house, based as it is in a sort of cement car park in Pratunam, with no facilities other than a hard seated breakfast serving area, but the rooms are large, generally clean, service is friendly and wifi just acceptable enough not to be too irritating. The inertia of finding another place on my frequent short trips has also kept me coming back.

Not any more. First the rooms - they are a touch dated now. Towels a little frayed, no remote control in my room for the TV, a series of lights in the bedroom and bathroom that were out and a phone that didn't work. The latter proved to be quite annoying, as each time something went wrong I had to get in the lift, travel down 3 floors, traverse the car park to the little office to ask for it to be sorted. Not so much fun in the evening when I shut the bathroom door and it auto-locked of its own accord. Also if you have a problem late at night there is nobody there. You can call them it says. But for that you need a phone that works.

Still the Thai staff managed to sort out most of the issues and in the main are pretty nice. On this trip, however, I also met the owner. I had asked for a late check-out which he agreed to, but at a charge. I agreed to that, and then later saw on Trip Advisor that someone recently had received a late check-out at roughly the same time as me for free.

I brought that up when I went to pay for the room with the staff at the desk, along with the various room issues. He contacted the owner by phone. Immediate rant rave diatribe emerges from the handset. So much so, that he couldn't even hear what I was saying, which was that since I had agreed to pay the additional, I was willing to do so, but wanted to point out the inconsistency of his policy (which incidentally his staff agreed with), and my room's failings.

Instead the owner came flying through the car park shouting, ordering me out of his establishment. He, quite literally, was in a sort of apoplectic rage. Earlier that day a guest had managed to flood two rooms by breaking a high pressure bathroom hose and not reporting it, and I got the sense that the frustration of that was being directed at me.

He also said nobody would believe a negative review - they would simply say "ha ha ha," and consider me mad. And various other rather ridiculous things like, if I book into a place for one night as I did, then I have no right to make a fuss over any room deficiencies. Oh.

He did that rather irritating thing of not allowing anyone to speak, simply banging his fist on the counter, while he ordered me to never come back - as though Lemonseed's little rooms above a car-park are some rare jewel in the city's accommodation offerings that I will sorely miss.

Er OK I won't be back then. Neither will any of the people I recommend to, which can be fairly decent numbers given I am a travel writer. I'll try one of the other 1000+ plus establishments in Bangkok instead. I would guess most have management that is more measured in their guest communications.

If you don't fancy being screamed at by an angry expat for the temerity of a making only a one night booking, or pointing out defects, I would suggest you steer clear too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank sunderam
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Big and clean room. Bright room. Very good location. Delecious breakfast. Just a few minutes walk to all great shopping centres. Near to conjuction of three lines of skytrain. Wifi is good but in some part of room! Enterance is like parking but is really safe. Best Address: it's on back of First Hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I are extremely satisfied with Lemonseed's service. The hotel is clean and very near to the Pratunam market and Platinum Mall (5-minute walk). It is also near to the BTS (5-minute walk). The breakfast is great! My father thought he would be charged for the extra sets of meal he ordered every breakfast time (around 3 meals) for himself only, but we were surprised that we weren't charged. We have free bottles of mineral water everyday. The towels and sheets were also changed everyday. All of the staff are so kind! We arrived 11pm and the one in charge waited for us. They also let us stay in the hotel until 8pm before our flight at 11pm on our last night with no extra charge. It's when I knew that they are really up for excellent customer service! They helped us with our Safari World tour and the taxi they called for us was also very good! The driver speaks English well and the taxi is big enough to accommodate all 5 of us. Over all, it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in! I travel a lot and I can say that they are one of my favorite hotels! I will definitely stay here again and again when I go back to Bangkok hopefully soon! Thank you Brian & family! See you all again soon!

Room Tip: Hire a tuktuk for 10 baht each person to get to the Pratunam Market easily. Especially when you have...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jackyutie
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had to move out of an earlier hostel for various reasons and decided to go back to Lemon Seed. Luckily there was one room left and I bagged it. What a contrast to the hostel I left..The owners Brian and Sana are very helpful and friendly.
Lemonseed has huge rooms, could easily fit in four to six people....immaculately clean and bright. There is a fridge, a TV and the bathroom is as big as a room!! And the breafast that is served is like a mini meal in itself.
The location is excellent, if shopping is what you get to Bangkok for. The Pratunam Mall...the Platinum Mall and the IT Centre are just across the main Petchbari Road.And rows and rows of stalls seling everything you can think of. A Post Office if you need to send your e xcess shopping back home is a short walk away.
Food is a plenty here esp if you eat at the road side tables set up during lunchtime and early evening till late at night. Go for the sea food which is fresh and delightfully cooked. The Central World and the C Mall have there own food malls on their top floor.
The skytrain is also easily reached from here...Chitlom station at one end and Ratchathewi on the other

Room Tip: All rooms are identical and on higher floors so noise from the streets below is not a problem. The h...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo