“AVOID!”

Ranked #742 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Norway
“AVOID!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I´m basing this review on the first impression I have of this hotel.
The rooms are like a sauna during the day time. Due to the temperature (or the poor cleaning) the smell in the room is not what I would call nice.
I though spending a few extra baht on a corner studio would be a nice way of ending my vacation in Thailand. For that I got basically nothing. I booked a standard room for some friends staying only 1 night. And the rooms were practically the same size. My room had a couch in a large empty room with no TV, a small bed side table and just lots of nothing. You could of course sit down a stare at the hideous walls. But I felt the depression sink in after a minute when i started to have a second look at the photos from their website.
Also they claim that all their rooms has a rain shower. Well I found two guest rooms without a rain shower. My room however had a cockroach. Unfortunately I found it when i accidentally stepped on it when checking out the awful smell from the second bathroom. I seriously thought something was dead in that room, now there is..

PS: If you are the previous guest of room 802 in this hotel and are missing a pair of your socks, I found them under the sink in the "kitchen" area. I´m not sure when the cleaning staff will find them, but I have sent them an email about it.
I dont have any expectations to the front desk staff as the level of service and competence was not exactly what i would even remotely call basic.

Room Tip: Just don´t.. There are so many better alternatives in the area!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Heritage_Group, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, April 13, 2014

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Thank you so much for your great review on TripAdivisors. You been a Santa to us more than you could ever imagine. We will keep up our service and make it better and better to serve you once you come visit us again.
Also the air-condition, electrical and water supply is now been taking care of. Weekly, monthly, and yearly check-up had been performed.
So, you might be surprise if you have a chance to come back next time :):):)

02-235-2888 ext 400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Four-day staying was booked in advance for business. We were the host and were expecting our totally 40 guests on different time at this hotel. The staffs happily greeted us and did their best for welcoming our guests too. A superb dinning was firstly served at the restaurant with a luxury bar in front of it. The conference room was perfectly prepared on the next day morning. No doubt that the meeting went well and again for the day after and so on. However, the unexpected noises occasionally interrupted our meeting with technical errors. Nonetheless, the staffs did their best to fix them and willingly re-organized the lunch coupons for our guests due to their late check in. On average the rooms were quite good with mostly dim lights inside. They perfectly served well for resting but working. The facilities include TV, aircon, small fridge, wardrobe, kettle, coffee&tea sachets, hairdryer, bathing set and wifi. A small swimming pool and fitness room were quite beautiful with a small bar and sun bed areas. All H-labeled items inside the room and fridge would be fully charged if consume. In all cases, the lovely manager and her staffs would help you by their hearts and we will recommend this hotel to everyone and will be back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Thank you so much for your great review on TripAdivisors. You been a Santa to us more than you could ever imagine. We will kkep up our service and make it better and better to serve you once you come visit us again.
The Hotel Management Team is doing their job on renovating the overall construcion and hotel's look. So, you might be surprise if you have a chance to come back next time :):):)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This my first time staying in Heritage Hotel bangkok , public transport very convenience to access.The term services very poor , unfriendly staff and poor maintenance such as room dark ( bulb not function ) impolite services from front line staff (very rude) dusty carpet , bath towel is dirty and bad,overall room is ok for me for the rates they offer for 5 days 4 nights. in term of services and staff should be improve and and interm of communication and polite with respect .. i saw certain tourist might not good to understand the language or slang but it not support treat client in rude attitude with chinese tourist (couple ) and my personal experience this happen when my first day arriva and check in hotel around 1100 hrs morning and i was bit dispointed and upsad with the words ."GO SIT" it because i standing infront of the counter waiting for check in , Very rude and impolite too ..

Remarks .. Certain facility / benefits offer from hotel side especially from Hotel webside is not genuine ..please bare in mind for guest who stay in this property.

i hope the management should look into this problem seriously.

Room Tip: Corner suite is spaceable but poor maintenance .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jazster l

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
So, you might be surprise if you have a chance to come back next time :):):)

02-235-2888 ext 400

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

tel aviv
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have stayed a few times at this hotel over the years and today just returned home after a 10 night stay there. We used this hotel as our home in Bangkok due to it's great location, modern comfortable large rooms, reasonably prices, and the roof swimming pool and "gym." The location hasn't changed nor the size of the rooms. Unfortunately though, the hotel is not being maintained as it should be. The lobby looks tired. The size of the rooms remains the same, but the paint is chipped, the faucets need fixing or replacement as they are leaking and not clean. (dark sticky rings around the shower drain and black mold in the tiling), The large a/c unit sounded like a tractor. Breakfast is served 6am-10am. As Bangkok (especially during xmas/new years week) is a party town, it would have been appropriate to extend breakfast a bit. By 9.45am every morning the bread was running out, and often there was no coffee. We had to ask over and over to the staff person for coffee, and then for bread, and then for butter, and then for a knife - it was a ritual that we endured morning after morning. The hotel gym always just consisted of one running machine and one "universal" machine. Although i prefer a real gym, the universal machine was enough for me for a few "vacation workouts." It clearly has not been looked after - as it now is just a piece of rusty steel in the corner of the room. The weight plates stick together, and the pulleys do not slide, (as the machine hasn't been oiled for years) making the most basic workout impossible. This is a sad review for me - as the Heritage was becoming my home in Bangkok. I tried 2-3 times to speak to management but no one understood me enough to even grasp that this returning and loyal guests wanted to provide constructive criticism. Hopefully they will work fast and bring it back up.
On a good note, the gentleman selling tours in the lobby was extremely helpful with advise on how to get around and some transportation issues we had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the skytrain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
The_Heritage_Group, Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Russavi
Greeting from The Heritage hotels Group.
It have been our pleasure to have you as our loyal customers.
Please accept our apology for the building construction depreciation.
However, we are doing renovation to refresh the ruin paint, wecrk carpets, and even more for the bathroom :)
I'm sure you will find the big differnce once you come back home (here) again.
Thank you for your sincere comment and hope we have a chance to serve you soon.
Yours,
The Heritage Management Group
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Dont' trust the website! I spent two nights at The Heritage Hotel, booking in advance a non-smoking room: for the first night they gave me a smoking room, too dark with broken bulb, with a terrible smell! it wasn't dirty but had broken furniture and closed safety box... I had to complain about, actually the next day they moved me to another floor (no smoking floor) with no excuse and no discount... The elevator didn't work and they laughed... the staff resulted really unpolite at every moment, since i got into the hotel. The second room had the window broken, impossible to lock it..... in both rooms the security box was locked, so it didn't work at the beginning: are too small the safety boxes comparison to other hotels. The staff tries to be nice but they are unable to manage a hotel!! This hotel isn't Worth what you pay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
The_Heritage_Group, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Ricky
Greeting from The Heritage Hotels Group.
Please accept our apology for the mistakens. We wish for your understanding and forgiveness.
We are under renovation as some of the rooms are needed from high occupany for the last 2 years.
We did our best to please and serve our customer.
Your comments meant a lot to us more than you could imagine.
Thakn you,
The Heritage Management Team
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is my second time staying in Heritage Bangkok Hotel.
The reason that I choose this hotel is the location is very near to BTS Chong Nonsi.
You just need to walk a few minutes to the station. The hotel is clean and the staffs are all very friendly and helpful. I bought some snacks for them on my last day to show my appreciation.
I would definitely recommend my friends and colleagues when they go to Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The_Heritage_Group, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, December 27, 2013

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Check in staff mainly friendly, however one very rude man worked the desk during the day,
The corner suite room was spacious but in need of a few repairs, the bed was comfortable, air co d works well, but the wifi dropped out for 12 hours, the staff did not seem to care when I asked about it, the restaurant served decent food, there was a fabulous restaurant across the street, I will return in future I just hope I receive better service from the reception desk

Room Tip: Don't arrive to check in until after 2 pm as they are very rude if you arrive before that time...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple