“Good airport transfer”

Ranked #692 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Good airport transfer”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for more than 1 night stay. It is good to go there only if you have an early flight to catch. Dont take the breakfast (1 fried egg, 1 sousage, 2 tosts, butter, jam, coffee/tea), there are a lot of good places to eat at the airport

Pros - great airport transfer service which is included in the price; huge rooms; cheap (25 euro/night)

Cons - very old and probably havent been renovated the last 10 years; corridors look like in hospital; staff not very concern about the guests;

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed for one night and the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was okay. Very clean bathroom, we enjoyed the shower after a long journey :)

The transfer service between hotel and airport worked very well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steini007
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and loved it. After 11 weeks of backpacking and cheap, grubby guesthouses throughout Asia, it was a relief to stay here. The room was spotless and comfortable and very good value for money. The airport pick up service was prompt and hassle free and the staff were friendly and spoke fluent English. The room had a kitchen, balcony, aircon and big Tv. Proximity to the airport was advantageous, and only a 50 baht taxi ride to Lat Krabang train station to get into the city. Wifi available and internet terminals in the lobby. Good transport and laundry services nearby and a Familymart within walking distance. Highly recommended, particularly for overnight or short stays.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank vikki_richo
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had a early morning flight and based on the Trip Advisor reviews thought this was the way to go given the very attractive rate.
Pros - We received the 4:30 am wake-up call as requested and the shuttle to the airport we requested at 5:30 was both efficient and on time.
Cons - The bed was hard and uncomfortable due to the vinyl mattress cover. Not only did I not sleep well, I woke-up with mosquito bites over my feet. In that my husband did not have any bites, I can't say for sure they were acquired at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iam12
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Pros-
-Very good value hotel close to airport
-Airport transfer was painless
-Rooms looks decent for the price
-Bathroom had paper

Cons-
-My printed out receipt for room said adults 2. Then they tried to charge me 1100BHT extra because they said only 1 adult has free breakfast. He showed me paperwork, I showed me his...guess I won because I just paid a la carte for her breakfast (like $3).
-Water pressure is low and not very warm
-Customer service not very good

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As long is a room is clean, the temperature is comfortable and the bathroom has toilet paper, I'm satisfied. My coworker was not as impressed with the hotel as I was and complained that the mattress was a little hard and the bathroom too small. I agree the mattress was a bit...stiff, but I slept REALLY well and the bathroom wasn't too small in my opinion at all. I actually thought it was better than most of the American Hotel 6 or motels that I've stayed at. We chose this hotel because of the free shuttle to the airport, which is about 5-10 min away, but there is a hotel down the road (the Ivory Hotel?) that is cheaper (but doesn't provide a free shuttle).

Recommendation 1: Don't bill breakfast to your room. It's much cheaper to pay upfront in cash.
Recommendation 2: Walk down the street towards the main road and take a left. You'll walk over a river and see a dealership on your left. Just beyond it is a little mini-mall. They have a grocery store and food places. We ate lunch at one of the Italian pizza places. It was good, but a little pricey. They also have lots of Japanese/Chinese/Thai food places in the mall....even a KFC for people who miss American food (I didn't actually eat there, so I'm not sure how close it is to the KFC near my house)
Recommendation 3: At the mini mall mentioned above, there are some little cylindrical kiosk desks that gave us a very good exchange rate. It was much better than the airport, hotel, or nearby bank gave us.
Recommendation 4: We didn't need any laundry done, but I saw 2 laundry places right next to the hotel.
Recommendation 5: There is a massage place right next to the hotel. My coworkers said they gave excellent massages. I think the rate was about $10 USD for 1 hour...or maybe it was 30 min, I don't remember.

Summary: Yes, I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay in it again.

Room Tip: Personally, I think the higher up you go, the cleaner they get, but that might just be in my head.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sayabisa
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good for an overnight hotel but I would not stay here longer. Airport shuttle was good, check in easy, room was large with clean bed. Bathroom a bit smelly but not because it was dirty, just sewer smell. Aircon worked well. For the money it was good.
If you walk out of the hotel and turn left, head to the main road and turn left again, about five mins walk by the Toyota dealership we found a great night market with some great local restaurants. Highly recommend that.
We paid for breakfast but it never arrived by the time we had to get the shuttle back to the airport. So give yourself extra time if you have the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple