“Not a 3-star hotel”

Ranked #697 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Edmonton, Alberta
“Not a 3-star hotel”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had a early morning flight and based on the Trip Advisor reviews thought this was the way to go given the very attractive rate.
Pros - We received the 4:30 am wake-up call as requested and the shuttle to the airport we requested at 5:30 was both efficient and on time.
Cons - The bed was hard and uncomfortable due to the vinyl mattress cover. Not only did I not sleep well, I woke-up with mosquito bites over my feet. In that my husband did not have any bites, I can't say for sure they were acquired at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iam12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Pros-
-Very good value hotel close to airport
-Airport transfer was painless
-Rooms looks decent for the price
-Bathroom had paper

Cons-
-My printed out receipt for room said adults 2. Then they tried to charge me 1100BHT extra because they said only 1 adult has free breakfast. He showed me paperwork, I showed me his...guess I won because I just paid a la carte for her breakfast (like $3).
-Water pressure is low and not very warm
-Customer service not very good

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As long is a room is clean, the temperature is comfortable and the bathroom has toilet paper, I'm satisfied. My coworker was not as impressed with the hotel as I was and complained that the mattress was a little hard and the bathroom too small. I agree the mattress was a bit...stiff, but I slept REALLY well and the bathroom wasn't too small in my opinion at all. I actually thought it was better than most of the American Hotel 6 or motels that I've stayed at. We chose this hotel because of the free shuttle to the airport, which is about 5-10 min away, but there is a hotel down the road (the Ivory Hotel?) that is cheaper (but doesn't provide a free shuttle).

Recommendation 1: Don't bill breakfast to your room. It's much cheaper to pay upfront in cash.
Recommendation 2: Walk down the street towards the main road and take a left. You'll walk over a river and see a dealership on your left. Just beyond it is a little mini-mall. They have a grocery store and food places. We ate lunch at one of the Italian pizza places. It was good, but a little pricey. They also have lots of Japanese/Chinese/Thai food places in the mall....even a KFC for people who miss American food (I didn't actually eat there, so I'm not sure how close it is to the KFC near my house)
Recommendation 3: At the mini mall mentioned above, there are some little cylindrical kiosk desks that gave us a very good exchange rate. It was much better than the airport, hotel, or nearby bank gave us.
Recommendation 4: We didn't need any laundry done, but I saw 2 laundry places right next to the hotel.
Recommendation 5: There is a massage place right next to the hotel. My coworkers said they gave excellent massages. I think the rate was about $10 USD for 1 hour...or maybe it was 30 min, I don't remember.

Summary: Yes, I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay in it again.

Room Tip: Personally, I think the higher up you go, the cleaner they get, but that might just be in my head.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sayabisa
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good for an overnight hotel but I would not stay here longer. Airport shuttle was good, check in easy, room was large with clean bed. Bathroom a bit smelly but not because it was dirty, just sewer smell. Aircon worked well. For the money it was good.
If you walk out of the hotel and turn left, head to the main road and turn left again, about five mins walk by the Toyota dealership we found a great night market with some great local restaurants. Highly recommend that.
We paid for breakfast but it never arrived by the time we had to get the shuttle back to the airport. So give yourself extra time if you have the breakfast.

1 Thank Jaymars1
Luang. prabang
Reviewed January 31, 2013

At the price it is difficult to carp. £27 for t wo including t ransfers and breakfast. Beer in the fridge and tea making facilities. Basic but clean. Could do to invest in new towels! For the time we had available this was a good stopover and I would stay there again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had a 16 hour layover in Bangkok and decided to spend the night at this hotel. I got a huge room with AC, a bathroom and a kitchen for an incredibly low price, plus free transfers from and to the airport, which was very helpful. The downside was that it was quite noisy during the day, and there were only 2 places where I could have dinner in the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Saffrononon
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel provides a very good deal for those needing a stay over close to Suvarnabhumi airport, which is about ten minutes away by car and close enough to miss Bangkok's standard terrible traffic.

Room are nothing special, but perfectly adequate and extremely reasonable. Almost certainly the best option for those with an early flight and budget concerns.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business