“Definitely worth a try.”
Review of Number One

Number One
Ranked #1,633 of 10,776 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Anchorage, Alaska
“Definitely worth a try.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant offers a quiet retreat from the Kao San Road, it is on the Tanao Rd. Very easy to find. Tanao is known for the numerous silver jewalry stores. Just look for the sign that reads Number One Vegetarian.
It is open 24 hours a day. I noticed it was quite busy during lunch hours. I'd intentionally go there by 11am or 1:30pm.
Like the other review, it may be advertised as Vegetarian, but it offers meat dishes.
However, unlike the other reviewer, I actually really enjoyed this restaurant.
I must have eaten there 5-6 times.
The service may not be very attentive, but I had no issues to grab the menu and flag down the waitress. The quality of the food is worth the shortcomings of the waitress.
I especially loved the Larb Gai, spicy chili chicken salad. In fact, it was the best I have ever had. (The waitress did stress that it would cost extra, so I think I paid $85baht, but it was worth it.)
Their chicken massaman curry was also very good.
I had their tofu veggie pad thai and really appreciated the lack of neon red sauces.
There was a large sign that banned customers from bringing drinks, but they never gave me any issues.
oh yes, their tables are repurposed sewing tables, which I thought was pretty neat.
The only dish that I didn't enjoy was the japanese/thai noodle soup. So, just stick to their Thai dishes.

• Visited March 2013

Norway
“NOT vegetarian!”
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Number One is a restaurant located behind Aporia Books on Tanao Road - (road that runs at 'T' junction with Kao San Road - opposite end to the road with the stop for airport bus).

This street has lots of vegetarian eateries. Number One is open 24 hours and has huge vegetarian signs - making you believe this is a vegetarian restaurant. But don't let the signs fool you - they are just a regular restaurant with lots of meat dishes. Do not eat here! The food is not good at all and the staff is incredibly rude. I ate a horrible noodle dish here and had to ask the waitress 3 times if she could be so kind as to bring me a drink. She practically threw 2 chopsticks at me when i asked for them aswell. I also asked for some napkins, twice, but never got any..

I suggest you rather support some of the other vegetarian restaurants in the same street. Tanao Road has a few nice places. The new Ethos is nice - go there instead! :)

1 Thank travelagentoslo