“Wonderful stay...”

Ranked #27 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Toukley, Australia
“Wonderful stay...”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed 5 nights here and it is worth every nice comment I read. All of the staff we encountered (front desk,concierge, security, boat crew, restaurant) were pleasant and welcoming. The rooms were nice and the bedding and my sleep - superb. Make sure you include breakfast when you book otherwise you will miss out on a wide range of good tasting breaky choices. For food lovers, dont miss the all you can eat dinner buffet, it was both tasty and plentiful. The hotel is not ideal for those who are looking to be in the thick of the action and you need to use either ferry or skytrains to commute to places of interest.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,139)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Dear all,

I would love to share my very nice experience at the Chatrium Suites Hotel to you. You will understand why I love this hotel. Of course I will return for sure.

Start from the entrance to the hotel, I firstly met the most beautiful hotel in morden style. After that I got very beautiful services from professional officers of the hotel, such as a door man, receptionists and bell person. On the day I left, the cashier was so kind and helpful about my bill what had some mistakes by my misunderstand.

Talking about the room. I think this hotel has a very nice location. I can work in my room with the river view. It's just like working in heaven. beside the is very very big even the standard room like I got. It has a big kitchen corner in the room. The receptionist told me that kitchen is for cooking class, teaching by the hotel chef. I think this may be the reason why this hotel have 2 very good restaurants.

So I would offer 5 stars for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stayed 6 nights last week August, 2 ladies in 2 bedroom river view.

Arriving in the evening, we were taken to a suite which had 1 bedroom with queen bed, the other with 2 singles. When we said we would prefer large beds in both rooms we were immediately taken to a different room with beds as requested

Pros
Good location, regular shuttle boat, lots of space, big balcony, great view, reasonable price, excellent food in Chinese restaurant, big pool.
Individal control air con worked well.
Given a late check out at no extra cost.

Cons
Breakfast buffet was very ordinary. While my friend went to breakfast each day, I went only twice. Decided to buy some supplies and have light breakfast in the room. In fact some of the items on the breakfast buffet were leftovers from previous night's dinner buffet ( which was not expensive but very average quality).

Beds in room (1205 I think) were not good. Like many hotels the bed was actually 2 singles pushed together. Unfortunately each of these mattresses sagged so the high spot where they joined seemed to be the best spot for my bad back. I showed this problem to the room manager when he came to see about the bathroom blind but he offered no comment.
Problem with blind in the bathroom, took 2 days and several phone calls to rectify.

Pool could do with more landscaping (minor issue).

Quite late one afternoon we returned to find the room had not beeen made up, took 2 calls to rectify.

Asked for a couple of extra plates for the kitchen. When we came back that day they had supplied pots and pans instead.

Although we were given a late check out, our room keys did not activiate the lifts after normal check out time (we caught the lift with others so it wasn't a problem).

Told at check in that hotel guests were eligible for discount at spa. Had a great spa treatment. When I went to pay I was told that I could not receive discount without a special card from the hotel (I had not been told about this or been given a card).

Hair dresser/manicure shop in complex (not part of hotel) took reservations but did not have available staff to do services as requested. Quality of hair and mani/pedi not very good.

Overall, loved the location and view but would not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
ChatriumSuitesBKK, Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Dear Joy_From_Sydney,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to provide us feedback after your recent stay here at Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner. We always appreciate having our guests bring to our attention, as you have done, what has not met with their expectations. The points you have kindly outlined are well received and are being given full attention.

While it is our policy to provide the best service we can, obviously there are areas that need improvement. For these we offer again our sincere apologies and would like you to know that measures are being taken to redress our shortcomings and so serve you better.

At the same time, thank you for acknowledging the positive aspects of our property. We sincerely hope that you will overlook these unfortunate incidents and allow us to have the privilege of your patronage again in the near future.

With best regards
Chatchawan Napawan
Director of Rooms
Ocean Grove, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My girlfriend and I booked 2 nights at the Chatrium Suites after our 2 week Patong & Samui beach holiday. We decided to splurge on a 5 star hotel that would be the perfect end to a memorable Thailand trip. We spent a bit of time searching through 5 star hotels in an internet in Samui prior to Bangkok and after seeing the Chatrium highly rated on Trip Advisor, decided to give it a crack. The price was reasonable and the rooms looked very flash and we were not disappointed. From the moment you step out of your taxi outside the hotel, you feel 5 star. The staff are very courteous and helpful, their English language is very good and they ensure you feel special, relaxed and very welcome. The location is fairly good - although a bit of a hike to shopping area's (20 mins) and the restaurants surrounding the hotel are primitive. The hotel offers a free ferry service up the river to BTS Skytrain and the views of the river (even as disgusting as it is) offers a much more relaxing sight than the usual cramped highrises that litter the Bangkok horizon. The buffet is nice but not great (good value for money) but avoid the mini bar and in-room dining if you're watching your dollar spend. The rooms are very clean and spacious, good shower and very comfy bed. We paid $15 AUD per night to upgrade to a river view one bedroom and I strongly suggest you do the same - it's well worth it. All in all, a great hotel that we will definitely be staying at again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Picked up at the Airport by top of the line Merc [1200Bht] with refreshing face towels provided, fantastic after travelling all day. Hotel is very, very secure, great swiming pool and Gym, view [river side view] great. Staff all very friendly, food great [breakfast included in price] 7eleven just a short walk away under the third tower. Has it's own ferry that runs every 15 mins to the Sathon jetty, which mets the Sky train and the local ferry [never used a tuk tuk or taxi whilst staying here as the local transport is so good and cheep] Room very clean, own balcony, TV, DVD full kitchen, should you want to go that way. Staff fall all over themselves to help. Highly recommended to anyone and a great place to stay. You may pay a little more but it's well worth it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Excellent!!! We stayed for two nights and wanted to stay longer. My partner is Thai and we took advantage of the offer for Thai locals to stay atthe hotel for the weekend at an excellant price. The 1 bedroom river view room is immaculate, the breakfast is excellent and the staff are 5 star. We will continue to stay at this hotel whenever in Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2010
hong kong
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This place was fine, but I really dont understand why its No.1 on this site.

Rooms are ok, fairly new decoration, bathroom fine, and a large balcony. But why is there a kitchen?! Its not a problem, because the rooms are large and so its not exactly a waste of space, but it just seems a bit strange. Bangkok has some of the best and cheapest food in the world, so who is going to cook a plate of pasta on a tiny hotel stove in the evening?

The rooms are slightly dated, a bit like a 90s TV drama hotel (is that what they were filming int he lobby on the day I left?).

The boat is fun, and being close to the river is useful for orientation if this is your 1st time in Bkk.

Breakfast choice is wide, if not particularly high quality, it all looks ok, but only the fruit actually has substance/flavour.

Staff helpful of course.

Try here for a few days, then go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010