“Fantastic end of vacation”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was flawless with fantastic staff who were all so polite and courteous. We booked a suite for a slightly higher rate and this was so worth the extra money. The hotels location was very close to asiatique and excellent for the bts train. With also a courtesy boat that takes you directly to thaksim. I cannot praise this hotel enough and hope to stay here again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,539)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I would like to share my experience on Chatrium's "family-treat" package (available on its website). Its highlights include a two-bedroom apartment (120m sq) (facing west (international school campus next to Chatrium)), buffet breakfast for my family, a set dinner for my family and an in-room cooking class. Price I paid was reasonable when compared with other hotel deals during the Lunar New Year holidays. Room is clean, quiet, comfortable and of a great river view! Location is covenient (15 min walk to Asiatique or THB100 by taxi/tuk tuk; 15 min highway to JJ weekend market (about THB250 by taxi w/o meter))

Only one minor problem in the room: The king-size bed is a bit too soft for my honey and myself, but our two kids like theirs in the other room.

Last but not least, I would like to thank all the staff there for their warmest services. Everything was so great and we ended our trip there too. So great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vincent H
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Chatrium Riverside continues to be a good value for money hotel and one of the best locations in Bangkok. On the river with regulat boat shuttle to Saphen Taksin pier. From there you can go anywhere in the city. The river view rooms are super but I really wish they would have informed us of the new building going up right next to the hotel. It was very noisy night and day and basically meant we could not use our balcony. If you book ask for a room away from the construction.
However, great stay, good breakfast (although it tends to be a feeding frenzy) attentative staff and very good all round. We keep coming so it cant be that bad!!

Room Tip: Keep away from the construction side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FatGingerNeville
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just stopped for 3 days and way to Chang Mai. Got to say the staff were brilliant and so helpful. No worries nice breakfast, easy to get into town on their boat. Great room overlooking the river walked to the night market and to various restaurants. The thai people are one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river above the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Arrived on a Saturday afternoon so the hotel was very busy as it is a very large hotel with conference facilities.We couldn't check in for about 40mins.All the staff here are very well trained and so helpful.The hotel is on the river ,has a good shuttle boat to the Skytrain and is close to the Asiatique for shopping and food.Breakfast was plentiful and very good.The rooms need an upgrade.I would imagine this hotel was once used as long stay apartments as rooms are very large with kitchen areas but such a lack of furniture. The corridors smelt of burnt rubber and the rooms felt very well used.I wouldn't stay here again for a little more the Anantara was much more enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We checked in late after an exhausting journey from Canada and found it very nice to be pampered and led to our room by the helpful staff. The room was large and comfortable with a great view of the city and river from the 32nd floor.The concierge helped us find the best local tour for 1 day and we really enjoyed the buffet breakfast with so many choices. Would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I checked into the hotel after a late evening arrival and was greeted warmly by reception. Check in was fast and courteous and I was upgraded to a nice river view suite on the 31st floor. Although I had no use for the kitchen facilities, I can appreciate that a family on a budget would appreciate saving some money on breakfast in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The air-conditioning was very effective despite my preferance for rather cool temperatures. The breakfast buffet was well-appointed and offered a wide variety of western and asian breakfast items, fruits and juices and the coffee was quite good. Check-out was flawless and the river transport to the pier near BTS-Saphan Taksin was very convenient. Overall a great stay and would definitely consider it again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo