“Excellent and enjoyable stay both times in July 2013”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had 2 club rooms for 4 nights in July, these were on 34th floor, the view are fantastic as both rooms are on the river side, my husband and I were upgraded to a 1 bedroom club suite. Both rooms are large and spacious and plenty cupboard space with kitchen area. We normally stay at Marriott Resort (now Anantara) and Sheraton on the river but the Chatrium is much better than these other 5 star hotels.

We stayed again on 13 July another 2 nights in a club 2 bedroom suite, on 35th floor and this was a beautiful, spacious suite with unsurpassed views from several balconies of the suite. We were travelling with our 2 teenage sons and we did not feel cramped at any stage of our stay.We were only booked for one night but enjoyed our stay that much we extended to a second night at the same rate we had booked from hotel website.

The staff were all very helpful, courteous and polite at front desk and concierge and in the restaurant. The hotel is very clean and close to Asiatique, a big market with lots of restaurants, only 15 minute walk from hotel, or 2 minutes in Tuk Tuk.

The river boat to and from the hotel to the pier for the BTS skytain is supposed to run every 15 minutes to midnight, however the only criticism we would make would be the boat needs to keep more to the times advertised, on several occasions we had to wait 20-25 minutes.

We will return to the Chatrium Riverside and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: River view rooms have fantastic views of the bustling river, both day and night
1  Thank JoyNorr777

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location - great. I didn't have any problem getting there from the airport
Staff - helpful and alway smiling
Pool - amazing and have a nice view. There are 2 (i believe) kiddie pool and one main one
Gym - look good, I personally didn't use
Restaurant on the top floor - amazing food and the waitresses are extremely helpful

Overall, the hotel is nice and you get a great deal during the off season.

Also, it might have just have been my room but it take over 10 minutes to have hot water. I didn't mind semi-cold water but it something to keep in mind. I was also on the 21th floor

Room Tip: If you are planning to get the city-view room ask them if it possible to get the room directly acros...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Beingamy89
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chatrium as the last part of our Honeymoon in July for 3 nights. When we arrived, we were told we had been upgraded from a standard room, to a one bedroom suite, which was fantastic!!

All of the staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful at every opportunity. A very clean hotel, with modern facilities!

The only issue I had was that taxi drivers would not want to drop us back at the hotel, as its out of the way, although usually after a little convincing, they were happy too. Make sure you keep the address of the hotel in Thai on you everytime you leave.

I would recommend to anybody visiting Bangkok, but stay away from the over prices tailors, that love to rip people off!!

An excellent hotel with all the facilities one comes to expect!! Thank you for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Stay away from the slightly bigger concierge, he will try to make a penny out of you at ever chance...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrgsingh
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A great experience at the Chatrium. The suite was really comfortable with amazing views from the expansive balcony, bedroom and living room on the 34th floor. Boat shuttle to Saphan Taksin BTS very good and always on time. Breakfast not included in my reservation but self-catered with local fruit and other essentials from the big 7/11 store which is part of the complex. House-keeping staff very kind. I look forward to staying again. No.1 in Bangkok!

Room Tip: River view room or suite worth every cent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank burleighbear
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is my third times stayed at this hotel for the past 3 yrs. I booked 2 bedrooms and transportation as usual around March 2013, requested two single beds in 1 rm, early check-in and a higher floor for this time. Cause the first time we stayed on the 7/F, it's very noisy and 2nd time we stayed on 18/F, it's much better.
We could check-in around 11am but no single beds for my mom and aunt and the room was on the 8/F. So we had to out for shopping and back around 3pm to see if they re-arrange for us. When we back, they can arrange a room on 13/F w 2 single beds in one guest room, I's glad they can arrange it. However, my aunt told me on the last day that her mattress kept slide down because it's sofa bed. She couldn't sleep well and I's sorry for that.
On the 2nd day around late afternoon, we smell something strong, just like 'urine' in the main bedroom. On the next day, we requested for a special clean-up and the smell was gone when we back. Unfortunately, it back again later. We though the pipe is aging so we only opened the window and it would help.
About the breakfast, I had been told that my room didn't include breakfast at the 1st time and on the 4th day, I's told that only 3 bf were included, I had to pay for my daughter. Although it's minor but still unpleasant experience in the morning.
The big swimming pool, is one of the attractions, highly recommend if you like swimming. But my daughter was a little bit disappointed cause there's no Jacuzzi in the small pool this year.
Nemita spa is another attractions that made me keep returning. The menu changed and it's good to try sth new. If you like milk bath etc, you should try the package but I didn't try it cause I don't like it at all. I tried Thai Herbal Massage and was great.
The staff are still excellent and helpful. Overall, it's a pleasant stay but I should try another hotel next time.

1  Thank lawpg
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed a family of 5 at the Chatrium for 3 days in july 2013.

Great views, great location just next to the Taksin bridge, great service from the staff.

The appartment was well equipped with nice beds and pillows and an interesting view over the river and city.

We found everything perfect and well worth the money.

We would highly recommend the hotel to other travellers.

Jakob Nielsen

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JakobN2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite with wife and 2 kids on the 16th floor which had great views of the city and river.The rooms were very spacious and clean.The staff on the front desk ,waiters at breakfast to the security at the entrance were very friendly and nothing was ever a problem.We mostly enjoyed the short boat trip to the train station which was quite relaxing.Would highly recommend.

1  Thank eddiec1970
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for the great review of your remarkable experience at Chatrium!
Reading the warm words on our excellent service and team definitely a good way to start the day.

Best wishes