“Below average for price.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel

Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel
Ranked #768 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Below average for price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived at the Cha Da Hotel in Bangkok to a bell boy (Mu), who was very helpful and full of smiles. We then went to check in, and were received by unfriendly people at the reception desk.

Thankfully, the lobby was air-conditioned as in July, BKK is extremely hot. The lobby was very nice, looks like 4 star.

You're then taken upstairs. the elevators are not air conditioned and neither are the hallways which is really uncomfortable. We got to the rooms which look pretty much like the photos on the website, but with a tube TV, SERIOUSLY??..

The bathrooms are not up to 4 star standard, are mouldy, have old plumbing and do not have any doors!

The sheets and towels have stains on them, that look like they've been badly bleached out.

The rooms are otherwise clean and have NO insects. The air conditioner is very potent which is a plus.

We were on the 4th floor and the outside balcony was very dirty, and the beds are made from granite.

The breakfasts are really bland with coffee that tastes disgusting.

If you're looking for a budget hotel, it should be fine, but this is not a hotel for people who are particular about cleanliness.

There is a restaurant near the lobby where the prices are absolutely ridiculous!
There is a charge for WIFI (200THB/Day/device) which is also ridiculous.
Just sit near the restaurant and use their free wifi.

The location is bad, far away from most attractions.

Room Tip: One that doesn't smell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Laois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on the way to one of the Islands. I found the hotel a bit dated and we were told we would have a delux room which was very basic. There are only 2 lifts and we found we had to walk down stairs alot of the time as the lift was either broken or the ques were huge. Breakfast was good. The pool area is very basic. Taxi's are cheap so fine for overnight stay but if I was staying in Bangkok for more nights I don't think I'd stay here. If you are staying here I recommend if you arrive late to eat here. The food is very good and reasonable and there aren't that many nice restaurants in the immediate area. I would recommend a room to the back of the hotel as the traffic is none stop day and night to the front.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room to the back of the hotel - the traffic is none stop during the night and mo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holidays010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Its a clean modern hotel with a nice rooftop pool and a view of the city. The staff were friendly but only a few spoke our language. We got to our room and the t.v wouldn't work so someone had to come up to fix it. When we wanted to bath the hot water tap wasn't running so someone had to come and fix that as well. This happened all on our 1st night stay. I thought hotels check things like that before guests check in. Breakfast was good. The other hotels we stayed in gave a better service and their star rating was less then the Cha Da.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but well away from any of the tourist attractions, saving grace was that there is a metro station about 400 meters away that will take u into Bangkok near Chinatown area,
Very nice staff, probably wouldn't stay again because of the location.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean K
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been staying for many hotel but this is the first time to face this issue in this hotel. Me and my friend were staying the hotel for 3 nights. As my friend from China was arriving in the morning, therefore he will register to stay but under my name. The hotel requested the deposit and I asked my friend to tell the counter that I will take back deposit and use my credit card as deposit at night.

When I reached the hotel at night, the counter told me that the deposit already submitted to their accounts department and was unable to refund. It was surprisely but since this was their procedure, I have no choice to accept it.

I asked for the refund on the next morning and I was informed that part of the deposit already used up as the hotel rental. They just can't refund me with cash despite of I can use the credit card to pay for the deposit and day charge. It was ended up that my friend had to exchange more money because of the hotel is unabled to refund with cash.

Other than this procedure that I felt the most weird amongst my experience to stay in overseas hotels, I think other facilities are on average.

However, the best is its buffet breakfast which offers in varieties and sufficient choices to cater for every traveller's needs.

Room Tip: They are very reluctant to give extra room key. Take Note.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stanley_Wong1204
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Came to Bangkok for a holiday and dental treatment. Bangkok International Dental Centre is a 3 minute walk away. The room was fine as a base as we were out most of the day. Bathrooms are dated and are long overdue for an upgrade. We stayed on the top floor which is 14th floor. My main problem is the noise from loud ringing phones next to our room, staff talking, doors continually slamming etc which can start anywhere from 6:30 on. My father in law stayed on the same floor and his room which was smaller didn't have any coffee making facilities which our room did. Apparently these facilities are only for certain suites. When he asked for a jug he was refused so had to go buy one. Also we asked if there was an iron and we were also told no. Luckily we were able to find a lovely lady around the corner who did our washing and ironing. Breakfast was ok but eggs were made ahead and would sit on counter to go cold before we could get them. The staff were reasonably friendly but language barrier of course makes communication difficult at times. Nice little pizza restaurant across the road which has lovely pizza, pasta and some Thai meals.

Room Tip: Not 1407 is too close to lift and stairs to conference rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This family-friendly hotel is located within the bustling heart of Bangkok, rises the 14 storey Bangkok Cha-Da into the skies of Ratchadaphisek Road.alongside small multiple eateries to whet your appetite specialising in bullet chicken and the chicken in hot sauce with chili garlic noodles and to complete your meal Cha-Da Hotel has a restaurant serving lunch and dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends