“bad hotel”

Ranked #644 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Chicago, Illinois
“bad hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We ended up moving after we checked in, after spending 8 days else where and coming to this pit just for a night was a waste of energy, very noisy hotel, not that friendly, not clean, ac did not work well, all I can say there is not a lot of hotels near the airport that are good anyways but don't waste ur time if your looking for sleep before the flight with this place,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I made a mistake with my check-in time (arrived at the airport a day early!), and rather than head back into the city centre, which due to the ongoing anti-government protests had started becoming a place to avoid, I booked the cheapest hotel from one of the unsmiling staff at the tourist office at the airport.

My expectations were not high, and my requirements were not overly ambitious: a clean, quiet room, readily available food options, and a hassle free place to kill time before my flight the next day.

As other reviews have mentioned, the reception staff are rude. Not even the vaguest attempt at a reasonable customer interaction. The bell boy did his thing of carrying my bag up one flight of stairs (something I could quite easily have managed), and then hung around looking smarmy as he waited for his 50bt tip. He offered me beer and girls, which I politely declined. The room was larger than expected, but rather like the bellboy, was grubby and tired looking. The bathroom was a wet room with a barely adequate shower. I advise you shut the window in here to avoid mosquitos entering en masse, as the walls of the bedroom bear testimony to previous guests enjoying themselves by massacaring the little blighters. I added to the graveyard by six. What fun.

The hotel restaurant overlooks a dirty canal, and if you venture a few steps from the hotel entrance, you can marvel at the sewage pipe that feeds into it. Deciding that this delightful setting was not what I was looking for, and somewhat askance at the prices of the food (three times what you pay in the local restaurants), I decided to check out the pool. Who doesn't love a small, dirty pool with dead skin and hair floating on the surface? The mosquitos were certainly big fans, and made their presence felt as only they know how.

I left to check out the local restaurants, and as I walked on the other side of the road from the sewage outlet underneath the overpass directly opposite the hotel, carefully avoiding the sleeping stray dogs passed out on the uneven pavement, I wondered if I had arrived in the worst hotel in the world. But I'm getting ahead of myself, as I was later to discover that this premonition would actually be true.

The local area consists of small shops and businesses huddled around an intersection of two major roads. Cars zoom by in suicidal fashion from every direction. The smattering of local eateries didn't look very appealing, but I found one that looked as though it had been cleaned this decade, and had a cheap lunch for 60bt. I wandered about for a bit in the midday sun, popped into 7-11 for water and snacks, and headed back on my miserable way to my shabby hovel for the night.

As I was tired from the early rise, I thought I'd take a nap. I've stayed in many transit hotels, and the biggest single requirement is that they are quiet at all times because travelers are arriving at all times from different time zones. The chance of sleep was impossible. Inbetween the cleaning staff screaming at each other, people - a bizarre mix of policemen and random Thai folks, the accursed bellboy, and other random staff - hung out in the downstairs lobby, all attempting to outdo each other in that famous game 'WHO CAN HAVE THE LOUDEST CONVERSATION'. It turned out that there were no losers, except the guests, of course, who unless they had popped some industrial strength sedatives wouldn't be getting any rest. With the occasional howling dog, the noise from the highway, and planes overhead, my hopes for even 5 minutes shut eye seemed to be in vain.

As there was to be no chance of sleep, I kept myself busy with reading, but found that it was so noisy I could barely concentrate, so I stared bleakly into space for several hours and promised myself that I would never again choose the cheapest option of anything ever.

As the hours passed slowly, eventually reaching nightfall, I was so tired that were it not for the incessant cacophony I could've slept for a thousand years. However, a special treat was in store for me - the walls of the rooms were paper thin! Hooray! So now I could hear the conversations (amongst other things) of the people next door, and the icing on the cake, a couple had brought their new born baby, who screamed intermittently throughout the night.

I think I may have dozed off for about 15 minutes at 1am, only to be woken by other guests noisily returning to their rooms. Aside from this bounty of sleep, I would estimate I snatched about another half an hour in amongst all the previously outlined sources of noise. It really was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in, and given it is supposed to be a transit hotel, completely unfit for purpose (and by the way, one of its other purposes is to charge by the hour). The place is absolute disgrace, and I strongly advise anyone to avoid this place like the plague. It was a horrible way to end what had been a brilliant holiday in Thailand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Jegsy

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Have used this hotel twice on overnight stops between flights. The hotel is inexpensive, clean and has good amenities, air con, cable, mini bar etc. The location is important, being a very quick shuttle to and from the airport. The four times I have used the shuttle service have been arriving in to Bangkok at 7am and departing the hotel at 6.30 am, and arriving at 8pm to leave at 11am the next morning. All shuttles were efficient and ran smoothly, when you check in they note your departure time and offer a wake up call. At the airport the rep is located at exit 4, if you can't spot the sign just ask a rep and you will be pointed in the right direction.

Aside from being close to the airport the hotel is by a busy main road, though could not hear any noise from my room. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel and you will be overlooking a large field. No noise. Up the street from the hotel there are a nice array of bars and restaurants which are cheap. Some cool places to just have a beer and play some pool etc. Also a 7/11 sits just round the corner which is always convenient.

The positives are definitely it's location and shuttle service, the pool is also refreshing. There are a few downsides though. Whilst clean the hotel is clearly dated from the exterior, no lifts also highlight this. Considering the amount of floors I find it quite ridiculous there is no lift. The staff will carry the bag to your room, and I do tip but I like to wait to do so. The young lad carried my bag up to the room and began showing me how to use everything, the wifi, tv what was in the mini bar etc. He said he would show me how to use the air-con at which point I tipped him and he couldn't get out of the room quick enough. Thus I can imagine people have had issues with staff being rude. Though I had no issues.

I would always recommend people to book transit hotels in advance so there's no lingering at the airport. When you get off a long haul flight you're tired and vulnerable to being ripped off. This hotel will be no different to any other in Bangkok in that regard.

I will continue to use this hotel because of its location and convenience, just be aware of how budget hotels operate when turning up without a reservation. Book online and you will have no issues with this place, the food isn't great but up the road there are a copious amount of restaurants in need of business, so go and have a wander rather than expect a meal to be any good from what is a cheap hotel. You get what you pay for and this place does the job.

Room Tip: Try and stay in a room at the rear of the hotel for less noise. If stairs are an issue then one on t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TomBaul
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great Service and near Suwannaphumi Airport, Good welcome from all staff, room spacious and cleanliness, easy to go out & back to hotel
Important point is transfer from airport in on the time and welcome with smile before you reach to the car, very appreciated when stay here, I'll be back again.

Room Tip: Room on The High Floor are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ko phangnan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Very close to airport, expensive food and the hotel tour guy ripped us off on our cab. He charged us 200 bhat for what we didnt know was a 50 bhat cab ride to the train station. Staff seemed friendly so we didnt expect this. Not in a great area of town and the hotel is quite noisy. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here our first night right after 30 hours of traveling. We didn't really get to experience much of the place since it was 2am, but the staff was so nice, and the rooms were clean and comfy enough that we decided to book it for our last day of waiting around in Bangkok before heading back to the freezer that is a Winnipeg winter.

Sitting by the pool was nice, walked to a local market (ask at the front desk) for a bunch of cheap shopping and checked out a couple difference local restaurants too which were a cheaper option than eating at the hotel.

More than you need for a day after or before a flight including a free one way trip to or from the airport. I would recommend getting a cab for the other direction as it cost 65 baht rather than 150 baht per person for the shuttle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Carate, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

They charged us 4 times the regular rate, we found out till the next day, food is terrible, mosquitoes everywhere even if you have your door closed. Pay a little more and go to another place.
They also want tips for carring your logage 5 meters.!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business