“Perfect for an Airport Hotel!”

Great Residence Hotel
Ranked #723 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night between flights. I stayed in a double room.
the room itself was really nicely decorated and there was a really big bed which was extremely comfortable. There was a minibar with free water in the room too.
The room had a small balcony which was nice.
The swimming pool is small but perfect for cooling down from the heat an humidity.
It's located just off the motorway, but just up the road (4min walk) are about 6 restaurants and bars which serve good cheap food.
The hotel provide a free pick up and drop off at the airport making it really worth it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KeenanL

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was expecting a mediocre airport stay and was pleasantly surprised. For the price, the accommodations are a great value. Check in was smooth and even though it isn't in the middle of everything, they are close to the airport and there are a few bars and places to grab a snack in walking distance. All in all I would say that they are an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oarchie
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night before a flight in morning to chiang mai. The pictures online are deceptive, it's very close to a motorway overpass and the swimming pool is very small. I thought the room was ok, the bed very comfortable.

I made the mistake of going for lunch at their restaurant however. I was the only one there. No one greeted me on entering. I finally got a menu and ordered noodles with chicken and a coke. I received my coke can with no glass or straw (odd for a restaurant). 20 mins later I got the noodles which I thought was tasty in a microwave frozen meal way but was a small portion for 130 baht. I gulped it down and went to pay. No staff there :-( they were outside having lunch. Finally a supervisor came in to take my money.

I actually wandered 10 mins down road and ate at a small cafe for a 2nd lunch. It was only 90 baht for a good tasty smoothie and spicy rice and egg. Good service also.

So I would say pay the 500 baht a night for the room, leave the rest of the services. They give you a free shuttle when you need it to the airport which is good.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

What a bargain at 800 baht! So close to the airport and there is a transfer included. We arrived quite late and left pretty early so didn't sample the pool or breakfast bit we were really happy with our room and the price for being 5mins from the airport. Would definitely stay again and recommend

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don’t forget that Bangkok Suvarnabhumi is a major regional transport hub – just buy a cup of coffee or a sandwich in the terminal, it will cost you the same as in London, Frankfurt or San Francisco – so to find a hotel on the airport perimeter for £11 which includes transfers and a swimming pool is a pretty good starting point.

I have to say my experience was fine; I found the agent without difficulty and 15 minutes later was checked in and in my room. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, air-con fine and I didn’t see any bugs or mosquitoes.

The walls were an odd shade of green but as I spent most of the night with my eyes closed it wasn’t a problem. The bell boy asked for a tip but didn’t push it when I told him I didn’t have any small notes.

I think with Thai hotels in this price range, there is a fair amount of luck involved and I have often had problems with hotels when others have found them OK so I can sympathise with some of the other reviewers but based on my experience on the day, I have to recommend Great Residence.

Didn’t use the pool so can’t comment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GF158
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here because we had an early flight in the morning. The airport shuttle service was decent and got us to and from the airport smoothly. The rooms were ok for the price paid but note that the shower is not enclosed so the bathroom will get wet. The staff were extremely rude. Two porters helped to bring our suitcases to our rooms. When they finished they hung around in our room for a while (which was very awkward because it was past midnight and we just wanted to sleep) then eventually demanded a tip and when we told them we had no change they asked again! We couldn't believe it! The next morning, the 2 porters were rude to us but we were glad to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great value, first class pickup service, reasonable room - but only stairs to the upper floors. You can get from the airport to stay o/night and in morning back into city with minimal problems and at minimal cost. Stayed here twice in 2 months and will do so again because of low cost and great service. Market about 5 min walk away is reasonable. No airport noise, yet close by. Recommended for short stays.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo