“my favorite one!”
Review of Samsen 5 Lodge

Samsen 5 Lodge
Ranked #227 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2011

best in its class! i never thing of looking another hotel when i stay in bangkok, awesome services, clean, great value! clean room, beautiful spaces and architectural works, spacious, quiet, just simply nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank iswantohartono06
There are newer reviews for Samsen 5 Lodge

Reviewed July 30, 2011

-Cheap
-Good Design
-Clean
-Good contexts ; Khao Sarn Road, Grand palace, Jao Praya River Etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank iWSN
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We chose this place after reading reviews on tripadvisor. The owner was very helpful and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast from the local area was a nice touch. The noise from the families living near watching the television is my only complaint but it didn't bother us too much as its to be expected in Bangkok. I would still recommend this guesthouse. A small tip -boats do not stop at the ferry stop at the end of the road on a Sunday.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Hopgard
Reviewed July 18, 2011

When I travel, I don't like to feel at home...that's why I go places! A good blend of modern and ethenic feel - both food and architecture- in a quiet location is all the comfort I needed...would definitely be here again when I come back!!! Worapan is a great host...and guide

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bahdo
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Before leaving for Bangkok, I looking for lodging recommendations on TripAdvisor, since we were absolutely no interest in staying in Khaosan or district full of shopping malls, and based on many recommendations then the choice falls to the samsen5 lodge. Since the first e-mailed Waropan been very helpful. Make a departure to Bangkok to be a very eagerly awaited.

The guesthouse really fit my imagination, in the midst of an attractive old town, with interesting old furniture. Waropan and his staff really helped us. Bother to find halal food for us, until we drove to see the Giant Swing and recommend places to visit in Bangkok.

So if you are looking for a memorable atmosphere of Bangkok I recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BlackPearl9663
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We had a short trip in Bangkok and was recommend this place through our friend. Since we want to experience the local and didn't want to stay somewhere in Khosarn road or in 5 star hotel, Samsen 5 was exactly what we were looking for. The owner is very helpful and friendly, the breakfast was yummy and good to have real thai taste. Thanks for our pleasant stay and will go back to visit again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki_Bris
Reviewed May 6, 2011

For years I've been coming to this part of Bangkok and wishing that someone would create a tasteful, comfortable guest house in one of the great old Thai houses that dot the wonderful, colorful and very authentic Samsen Road neighborhood. Samsen 5 Lodge has only three rooms--mine was beautifully designed (the owner is a young award winning architect), and really felt like a Thai home. Samsen 5 lodge is a great value--it costs about the same as the tacky, mid range shoebox guest houses down in Khao San and on Pra Artit road, but instead you get authentic Thai architecture and design and the intimacy of being a guest in a small cozy house. The best thing, though about Samsen 5 is that the owner, Worapan, really knows the neighborhood--he grew up nearby--and he can tell you how to find the best street foods and the most interesting markets and shops (he also unraveled for me the mysterious Bangkok bus system--by the end of my week stay I had stopped spending $$ on taxis and was confidently hopping on and off the public transport.)

I go to Bangkok often, but this has been one of my most satisfying trips to the city, thanks to Samsen 5 lodge.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo