Sleep Withinn
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$249
Agoda.com
All reviewskhao san roadrooftop poolrambuttri streetair conbars and restaurantssun loungersperfect locationgrand palaceclean roomsstreet foodtuk tukkhaosanbackpackersfridgenightlifebhattaxis
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is a busy part of Bangkok surrounded by shops pubs restaurants where the nightlife is wild. But this hotel is a wee gem amongst the crazyness with beautiful spotless rooms and helpful staff. The prices aren't bad for what you get, tv,dvd,a/c, fridge, safe and nice shower there is also a rooftop swimming pool . There are many places to stay in that area as its very popular for tourist but this place was definitely worth a look. There are many things I could tell you to look out for in that area like tuk tuk drivers and guys trying to sell suits but all these things are in the books. Anyway if you have about 1000 baht or so to spend a night this is a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is ideally located for Khaosan Road if thats what you really want.

Price was middle of the road for the area but all the extras like Wifi push the price up and the value down.

Rooms were furnished to a high spec altough very compact.

Wifi that was charged for was very slow and weak. We asked to be moved to another room but were told that any hogher floors would provide a worse signal as the router was in reception and our room was 1st floor above recetion.

We ended up checking out early as wifi was a must during this part of our trip as we had many plans to make.

Staff matched the pretencious feel to the place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VoyagerMV1980
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked two rooms (a double and a twin) via booking.com over a month before arrival. Upon check in I was told I was 'being upgraded' to two twin rooms as there were no double rooms left. I stated that I specifically booked a double room and the front desk employee told me to 'push the two beds together'. I again stated I wanted the double room that I booked and the employee wordlessly threw another room key at me across the desk. I found this quite rude. There is a 3% charge for credit card payments. The wifi is not free, but I believe it is somewhere around 100 baht for 10 hours. The double room was 1250 baht, and the twin 1350.

The hotel is very well situated on a road just off Koh San Road, it's a really fun street with bars, restaurants, street vendors with coloured lights and lanterns providing a great atmosphere. Most people on the street we asked knew whee the hotel was so we found it easily. There is a 7/11 and a tour operator directly under the hotel - we arranged a taxi for 4 people to the airport for 450 baht the driver was safe and punctual.

We stayed in room 510. The room itself has a safe and a fridge, the pillows are a little uncomfortable but the air con was fine and not too noisy. The toilet and shower were in the same cubicle but I didn't find this a problem as the water drained quickly. The shower was hot with decent pressure. There was a lot of noise from the club on the street, which wasn't ideal for a pre-flight sleep although our friends in the twin across the hall (room 507) couldn't hear this.

The pool was small and well looked after but there was nobody on duty in this area. I would stay in the hotel again mainly due to location, although I would ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 507 (a twin) could not hear street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

In this year's trip I stayed twice in Sleepwithin as I knew it from other trips.
Unfortunately, the staff of the front desk ruined the good experience from previous stances.
Cleaning staff and specially the guy that helps you with your luggage are really nice.

My bad points:

- The reservations are not keeped as promised. I paid in advance, in the front desk, for one night as I wanted to have the security to have a room there after a long trip one week after. When we arrived at 9:00pm, we were told that they had no rooms available, even it was paid in advance.!. We were relocated to another hotel even our complaints. The room in the other hotel was, naturally, wordst than we paid, facing the music in the street.

- Receptionist are rude and do the minimum. If you ask to keep your receipt or ask for a bill, they complain like it is a great effort. English is also very basic or they play fool with you.

- Wifi is not free, even i's cheap.

- Bed sheets are dirty, we asked to change it and we got more dirty ones. Apparently they didn't have a new set clean.

- Shower and toilet in the same place

- Not the fault of the hotel but impossible to avoid the music until 3am.

My good points:

- The swimming pool is small but good enough to refresh and relax

- The location is good if you like the party, the shopping and the restaurants, but not good to go with family.

All an all, I won't come back ever to this hotel and I would not recommend it until they change the staff in the recepcion (and get new clean bed sheets...)

Room Tip: Take a double room in the back of the hotel, but even that you will hear the music.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Rooms were clean. Staff answered our questions and met our needs, even if not overall friendly. At night we could hear the music from outside, but we enjoyed it (other might not). Especially liked the pool on the roof!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family