“P2 Boutique is clean decent and fair value but --” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of P2 Boutique Hotel

P2 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #482 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

Overall, this is a very clean hotel as it is very new and well maintained.

Walking distance to recommended whole sale market is about 20 mins which i found it was a hazard due to the dirty environment along the way. Hired a tuk tuk to the whole sale market was about BHT 40. Return rate was about BHT 60-80. You only got the special rate if you bought in bulk in the whole sale area otherwise anywhere else was about the same price.

The room was really clean including bed sheets and towels. Huge space to move within the room.

Food was good (room service) except for breakfast as it was reserved in a cold manner. i really dont understand why they put the butter into the water. Just a few selections of breakfast - rice porridge, fried noodle/rice, bread, fried egg..etc. Reasonable price for the food.

Friendly staff and good services.

Close to massage and food. Cheap food is just about 2 mins of walking. McDonald is about 10 mins of walking distance.

The most worrying thing of staying in this hotel was it didnt provide a padlock on the back of the door. I was worrying that someone will access into the room in the middle of the night.

It is a non-smoking hotel. Fund BHT 2000 for smoking

Besides that, the hotel is good.

However, you can find similar non smoking hotels just about 1-5 mins of walking for about BHT 1200. Slight smaller and older but they are in good conditions as well.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank MrsRiley2009
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

So I was at P2 again. And why not.
Feb/Mar/Apr have all been good experiences. Not only did I accomplish my original objectives in meeting my friends in Bangkok (and Pattaya), I also had comfortable stay at P2 and also managed to get to know the hotel staff a wee bit better.

As for the hotel, I got a 4th flr room for my most recent trip in May.
Stayed there for 6days.
I had wanted to go to Pattaya during my 6day trip.
The hotel staff asked if I would like to checkout during my trip to Pattaya (for one night only). They said that they would keep my bags in the office during my absence.
But I was not going to spend another 2000B on one night's stay in Pattaya. So I opted to return to the hotel.
The good thing is, during my absence, everything in my room remained in place. No thefts, no sieve through my personal belongings. Only a good spruce up and tidy room awaiting my return. I slept peacefully that night.

For the other nights, I returned to the hotel late.
The security was ever ready to welcome me back and ensure that I make it up to my room safely... despite my drunken stupor.

That is something I must say about small boutique hotels. The service is almost spotlessly clean.

My friend who stayed at Nasa Vegas Hotel (which is half the price of what you get at P2), came to see my room. He saw the beauty straight away. The big rooms with clean parquet floors and new toilets.

The proximity to Pratunam Center is also another plus point.
So if you like shopping, this is the hotel to stay in. Cross the bridge from Pratunam Center and you will end up in Platinum Mall.
Turn left at the Pratunam Center junction and you will end up at Central World.

Walking is not a problem. And if it is for you, lots of taxis are available.

And since you are close to Chitlom BTS, my suggestion is that you take a taxi to Chitlom or Nana BTS (both are nearby, less than 100B taxi ride), purchase a one-day card. And you're all set to travel in Bangkok city.

Of course, if you are looking for a tour or a guided trip, Saen Sanuk Tour is in the same premises at the hotel. So very convenient indeed.

2 Thank KMLIMSG
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

We went to Bangkok and stayed in this hotel for three nights - two ladies and a young child.

Upon arrival, we were very pleased to be greeted by the cleanliness and state of the hotel lobby. The hotel has modern simple lavish design, very clean and new.

On the first breakfast in hotel, the staff in the cafe was very attentive with his service. He made a cup of warm milk especially for my daughter on his own discretion, which was such a wonderful gesture of thoughtfulness. Although breakfast buffet isn't a spread, but they are sufficient to fill your tummy for the morning before hunting their local food outside.

My friend had some stuffs delivered to the hotel one evening, which we wanted to inspect the purchase in the hotel room instead of the hotel lobby. When the courier guy was about to step into the lift with us, he was stopped by the hotel staff who requested to keep-safe his ID for security reasons! We didn't expect such safe precaution measures (especially from a budget hotel)! And when the courier left, we received a call from the hotel to check on our safety! This is definitely an assuring hotel for any travelers, especially single ladies!

The neighborhood area is also very safe; there wasn't any locals loitering around or anyone pestering you to buy anything. You can take a walk in the vicinity without any worries. Walking to the main road in the night isn't an issue too; it is safe and convenient. The main road is less than a minute walk, and if you turn right after the main road it will lead you to a night market with very cheap buys! There are many local roadside food stalls along the main road, as well as in the street behind the building opposite the hotel.

The size of the lift is very small - six adults in it could be a little cramp.

We were charged for two "missing" cans of beer on checking out, which was a small amount. It didn't spoil the pleasant stay in this wonderful hotel.

On leaving the hotel at 6am, there was another wonderful gesture from the attentive cafe staff! Upon a chanced seeing us leave the hotel at such an early hour, with my sleepy daughter refusing to say good-bye to him, he quickly made some breakfast for us to eat on the ride to the airport! There were toasts with butter packs (which he know were my daughter's favorite!) and a pack of fried rice! We are so touched by such acts from him!

We will definitely return to this hotel for our future visits to Bangkok!

• Stayed May 2009