“Lousy location! Far from platinum mall etc!!”
Review of P2 Boutique Hotel

P2 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #523 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Lousy location! Far from platinum mall etc!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lousy location! Far from platinum mall etc!! Felt like being cheated as photos shown for restaurant serving breakfast and lobby DONT tally at all !!! Will not return to this hotel.Breakfast choice limited too. Male staff at counter is helpful but not the female staff.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank yapya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Been in Bangkok, Thailand from 17th March 2013 with this hotel on 4 night's stayed. Upon arrival at 11am, can't checked in till 3pm. So, walked around the area and ended up in Platinum Shopping. Checked in hotel at 4pm. Got a total of 4 rooms. Rooms are acceptable if you are not particular about the size. Room had no face towel, had to request. Day 2, housekeeping did not make up room. Have informed the service desk Aunty, wearing specs to clean up room and did not makeup. Already told her to makeup room informing her that the makeup room light is faulty. She is very blurr and act as though she can understand English. The Men at the Service desk is more helpful. Breakfast is basic, toast bread, ham, sunshine and scramble eggs, noodle, coffee and tea. Overall, hotel is ok except that it is far away from Central World, Big C and BTS (trains).

2 Thank Ong P
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked a triple bedroom for a 3D2N stay here. On arrival, we do not know where to go for budget taxi so we headed to the taxi counter at the airport. We were charged THB700 for a trip to the hotel.

Check in was smooth. Room was clean and the 3 single beds are comfortable. The first night was a little noisy as we can hear people talking loudly outside the room but it was only for a while. Breakfast was very simple and basic. It was the same for the two morning that we were there.

The wifi in the room is very weak and gets disconnected all the time. Wifi at the lobby is more stable.

Location wise, it is about 15-20 minutes walk to Platinum Mall. At night there are many street stalls as we walked back from Platinum so we do not feel the distance as we shopped and walked back. Big C and the BTS is about 15 minutes away. 7-11 shop is just around the corner.

The massage at P2 is good as commented by others in this forum but the masseur who services me openly asked me for tips and shortchaged me on the time. There is another massage shop at the end of the building where P2 is and is slightly cheaper. The masseurs there also openly asked us for tips. I suppose it's a norm there. Environment wise, P2 is better.

On our last day there, the hotel helped to arrange a taxi to bring us to airport and it was only THB300.

Overall, we are satisfied with this hotel and did not encounter anything unpleasant during our stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ck-mal
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I managed to get a ridiculously cheap rate here, as part of a groupon deal (approx 20GBP for the room - there was only myself in it). I wasn't sure what to expect, but lets clarify one thing - its not "boutique" as I understand the word. Its budget or basic. Clean enough basic rooms, no fancy toiletries, but tea/coffee/water, empty fridge, tv with almost no english channels, good free wifi, comfy bed, dreadful shower, manky towels. So some good (basic) things and some not so good. But if all you want is a decent bed for the night - its fine. approx 12 mins walk to Platinum mall, and BTS. Breakfast was not really for the western appetite. I almost gagged on the amount of oil that the scrambled eggs "produced" Paid extra for a latte coffee from the coffee bar, but had to show the girl how to make it . All OK in all, I spent what I saved on a "normal choice of hotel" on handbags, so I was happy.

As bangkok is hectic, I would opt for a hotel with a pool next time.

Room Tip: The back ones are quiet but look directly onto another building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sheluvz2travl
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2013

frequent visitor to bkk and had always stayed at p2 boutique, walking distance to platinum, big c, 711 and many foot massage outlets and food stalls nearby. not recommended for solo ladies because area around is dark at night, but overall in a group or 2 is not a problem.

clean room and toilet, what more can you ask for from a boutique hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 284L_ocw
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at P2 for 3 nites with my family and took 4 rooms in total. Overall, it is below my expectation. We stayed level 2 and all rooms are contantly smell of food due to heavy cooking nearby which is annoying. Service Level is not up to standard too. I was given a dirty towel and requested for change. However the staff told me i can only have 1 new towel per day. I explain the towel is dirty and want to replace, not extra towel. She just ignore me and walk away. In the end i use 2 smaller towels given instead. Fortunately, the next 2 days, the towel is clean. However, they did not replace smaller towels at all. Cant believe they so calculative. Location wise, it is far from the malls about 15 mins walk. Even my younger family members in their 20s complain it is far so not to mention old folks.

The good part is room is very big n spacious, easy to do packing after shopping. We were able to have rooms side by side which is very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank SGleisuretraveller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am a Singaporean who travelled to BKK with my family through an online deal a few weeks ago.

As a frequent traveller of BKK, a regular customer of budget accommodations, this hotel was a great disappointment. Rooms' interior show wear and tear signs that were not refurbished and the bed sheets are dirty with dust. Fortunately there were no bed bugs reported in my family.

On the other hand, breakfast is decent, the shopping area is around 15 min walk away.

Why a true blue "boutique" hotel? Every room has a menu of items that can be purchased by customers as "souvenirs". Items range from bottled drinks to the plasma TV in front of the beds. They even sell their bedsheets that you sleep on! Natively my family thought there might be travelers who purchase them as souvenirs until accidents happened.

We were charged for dirtying their floor mats and towels with wine during one night. Be it accidental or intentional, we are to pay for the items. It was not a small sum for a few used white towels as compared to the prices I should be able to buy new ones for in Singapore and needless to say, BKK. And the money was said to be for "cleaning".

The massage palor attached to the hotel is around 30% more expensive than nearby shops down the streets and the masseuses constantly demand tips from you.

As mentioned, I am a budget traveller. However this hotel has given me a stern warning on "you pay peanuts you get monkeys + giving more peanuts" really badly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jmadtl

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels