“True blue "boutique" hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of P2 Boutique Hotel

P2 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #493 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“True blue "boutique" hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am a Singaporean who travelled to BKK with my family through an online deal a few weeks ago.

As a frequent traveller of BKK, a regular customer of budget accommodations, this hotel was a great disappointment. Rooms' interior show wear and tear signs that were not refurbished and the bed sheets are dirty with dust. Fortunately there were no bed bugs reported in my family.

On the other hand, breakfast is decent, the shopping area is around 15 min walk away.

Why a true blue "boutique" hotel? Every room has a menu of items that can be purchased by customers as "souvenirs". Items range from bottled drinks to the plasma TV in front of the beds. They even sell their bedsheets that you sleep on! Natively my family thought there might be travelers who purchase them as souvenirs until accidents happened.

We were charged for dirtying their floor mats and towels with wine during one night. Be it accidental or intentional, we are to pay for the items. It was not a small sum for a few used white towels as compared to the prices I should be able to buy new ones for in Singapore and needless to say, BKK. And the money was said to be for "cleaning".

The massage palor attached to the hotel is around 30% more expensive than nearby shops down the streets and the masseuses constantly demand tips from you.

As mentioned, I am a budget traveller. However this hotel has given me a stern warning on "you pay peanuts you get monkeys + giving more peanuts" really badly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jmadtl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Its my 1st time in BKK and bought the package via a deal website. Im a rather easy going person. Though doesnt have high expectations but still has some basic expectations of my stay. A shopper myself. Some comments I would omit as it's already mentioned by other reviewers. Hope my review can help like-minders.

- Fast wifi

- Service: Helpful svc staff. Basic standard customer svc is there. If u happened to chat with the lady boss, she provides alot of information and language is not a problem. (She's Thai-Chinese) Counter staff doesnt speak fluent English but u'll still able to understand them.
Kitchen staff quite weak in English. Not sure if they didnt hear 'plain egg' or doesnt understand. (Just a minor hiccup during breakfast)

- Location: Approx 10mins walk to major shopping paradise. (U know which one frm other reviews). Away frm main rd. Not many taxi driver knows P2. Best is to take a namecard at the counter.

- Room/Housekeeping: Clean. I noticed they do vacuum the floor cos I drop some broken thin glass.
No sloppish work done. (Except they didnt refill green tea on tht fateful day. Nvr mind, not tht I really need it)
Love the toilet white lighting instead of the yellow ones. (Gd for makeup!)
Sadly no toothbrush & paste set n slippers. Went to buy them. (Abit clean freak here)
Requested for extra pillow but they dont have. (I cant slp without bolster. So went to buy too. Its cheap anyway. Frm nearby roadside stall)
Shower head cant seem to adjust splash. Dislike the wide splash. (End up holding it myself)
Soundproofing VERY GD! Cos our rm is facing multistorey carpark & with 2 ventilators vrooming all time.

- Breakfast: Decent. There's porridge (Love one of the day's porridge cooked with shrimp)/ rice/noodle, western ham/egg/sausage/bread, daily greens/fruits & coffee tea syrup drinks.

- Has airport shuttle service. (Read tht GLOW doesnt have. So the more I appreciate their svc)

Conclusion: As a vivid shopper, sometimes u do hope the hotel is just few steps away with the heavy loot. I had tht thought on certain days. But the location is wise for a gd rest rather than getting honk awake for noise sensitive people. What u pay is what u get. If u arent choosy, P2 is a gd choice to save on accomodation & spend it on heavenly Platinum Mall!

Room Tip: Ask for room not near to lift. It has a telephone counter nearby which u wouldnt know when it would...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PL0h
Chichester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have used this hotel for the odd day at the start or end of our holiday for about 4 years, the hotel is in a good location for shops etc. The rooms are nice and clean with a large flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities fridge and the staff always friendly. We were even given free wifi which my kids took advantage of. But before we left we were asked if we were returning and given a business card with special prices ( superior room same as internet 1350 baht without breakfast) and told to give them a call. I didnt call but arrived expecting a room, i was told only 1 room remained and suddenly the price was double, i showed the hand written prices he had given me himself weeks earlier but told this is a superior room, i pointed out again clearly in his hand writing superior room 1350 baht. The 2800 baht they wanted was not paid but still felt p****ed off at being lied to and messed about, i ended up paying 2300 baht for the room after being told, final offer take it or leave it !!!. This isnt how you treat customers. And will be taking your advice and leaving it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here during a promotional trip to Bangkok.

First impression of the hotel was already good as the check in was swift and efficient. Password for wi-fi was given immediately and I was instantly connected.

When we checked into the room, maintenance of the room was well kept and everything was in place, bed was clean and and the air-con was working just fine. For travelers who prefer to have a beautiful scene, am sorry to disappoint, there's nothing much to see once you draw the curtains.

The toilet is clean, towels were replaced daily.

One thing that I really like, were the switches. The electronic switches by the entrance. 2 options to press while you are in the room. The do-not-disturb button and the other button which I can't remember off hand. For a boutique hotel, you really get more than you pay.

Breakfast was awesome! Due to my previous stay over at Baiyoke Boutique, I wasn't really expecting much from P2. But, their breakfast was just awesome!

I will definitely plan with P2, the next time I am in Bkk in the near future. Really hope that they upkeep their standards and keep the hotel's rating high (:

Room Tip: Try staying in room 311 if possible. It's close to the lift and not much noise could be heard fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Bilingual staff who were helpful and friendly. The lady owner of this boutique even obliged to whip up a late night dinner for us. However, we felt a bit cheated with the city tour which mainly brought us to various factories to stress us into buying and waste our time. Also wished they have connecting rooms.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Overall, this is an ok hotel. The only thing I was not happy with is the fact that the hotel staff told my mum to pay for dirtying the bedsheet! She has very dry skin and sometimes it would get very itchy. She scratched and her skin bled a bit, so there was a bit of bloodstains on the sheet and the staff made my mum pay 500 baht for that! Needless to say, I was pissed off! And the staff did not seem to respect their customers enough. The very day we had to check out, we took the lift down and when the lift door opened, there stood the lady boss, she immediately asked for the keys to the room even before we stepped out of the lift! We only stayed one day in the hotel as the next day, we went on to Pattaya .

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stay for 3 days to move around bangkok then moved to Ayutthaya then to Hua Hin. We are impressed by this place that our group decided to return to stay for last night before leaving from bangkok.

Generally, very friendly staff...the rooms are clean, the interior looks new, is not along major road so is not too noisy...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family