“Good location but unnecessarily over priced”
Review of Khurana Inn

Ranked #505 of 731 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Best point about this hotel is its location. It is located at a very prime location, just next to the giant BaiYoke Sky Hotel and many shopping malls. Rooms are very small, not even have space for extra bed. Service is OK but its restaurant is very expensive.

If you are a couple, it might be good for you but if you are freaky travelers like me who travel with friends just for the sake of fun and who need a nice budget hotel, this is certainly not the place for you. Instead you have many good budget hotel next too and behind this hotel. Pratunam is a very famous place in Bangkok where you will see 95% indians, pakis n what not. Its like a mini Karol Bagh.

I don't think its a value for money hotel. I went to Bangkok again but did not stayed in this hotel. Instead had different other options nearby.

Room Tip: Very small rooms but enough for couples. For travelers travelling with friends, not a good choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Freakyy_Traveller
Sukit_11, General Manager at Khurana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your stay with us.
Our Hotel is Best Value with the Best Location. You were complaining about the room size. We do provide suites rooms as well which is Only 62 dollar with a bigger bed room size including the extra bed and bigger bathroom size.
Looking forward serving you

Best regards

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I consider myself very easy to please when it comes to accommodation, so long as the lodging provides me the very basic comforts of a clean toilet, clean bed sheets, a working refrigerator and responsive room service- and I thought paying $60 a night for my 5-day stay at Khurana Inn would provide me with all that, at least. But I was sorely disappointed.

Let me give you the true, un-exaggerated day-by-day account of my stay.

Day 1: Upon entering our triple room, I noticed straightaway how the floor was not cleaned thoroughly. Clumps of hair were littered all over. I went to check out the toilet and was disgusted to find that the drainage pipe was gaping at me without a cover and when I inspected the towels, I found flies (those tiny ones that are usually found in bathrooms) resting on them! There were at least 6-8 flies resting on one towel! We suspected that the flies had entered the toilet through the drainage pipe which had been left uncovered. The television only had Thai channels with nothing in English, and there was a lamp by the dresser which was out and had not been fixed. Well, other than that, the bedspreads were pretty clean, the refrigerator worked well.

Day 2: My husband continued to have a good time swatting and killing flies every time he used the toilet. I brought my 10 month old baby with me on this trip and that night as I was trying to put my baby to sleep, we were both jolted awake by a great din outside our room. This was about 11.30 p.m.? The residents of the other rooms down the corridor, who were Indians, apparently knew each other and for who knows WHAT reason, were slamming doors- and I mean SLAMMING them VIOLENTLY- and yelling at each other, acting like violent drunks! It was terrifying and extremely upsetting but there was nothing I could do about it. The walls, it seems, were very thin. This carried on for a good half an hour before the noise subsided. It was a great nuisance. (Khurana Inn is an Indian-run facility in the ‘Little India’ district of Bangkok and most of the guests we met were Indian)

Day 3: Room service came, cleared the hair on the floor, gave the drainage pipe a cover (the flies seemed to have disappeared after this), but left us new bed sheets with holes in them which looked like cigarette butt burn marks. Other than that, I think the place actually got more comfortable or we got used to it. I say it was both.

Day 4: When we returned to our hotel, we discovered that the room service had not replenished our towels and toilet paper, and they had removed the drainage cover again! Welcome back, flies. My husband rang the reception to inform them of this and to call for room service, to which they replied, "Okay 1 minute!" We waited for half an hour. My husband rang a second time and the response was the same, "1 minute, sir, 1 minute!" We waited another 30 minutes, they never came, and my husband had to make his way to the cleaner's store to help himself to what we needed. Non-existent room service.

We checked out by noon on day 5, so nothing much to say about it.

On the overall, we've learnt this one lesson: If you're going to vacation at a less-developed country, I'd suggest you invest in a better accommodation because you are already going to feel so hot and bothered while you're out and about and really, the last thing you want when you return to your hotel to relax, is to be greeted by the same discomfort and poor quality.

Was there was anything good at all about our experience with Khurana Inn? Well, just 2 things: (a) It is indeed situated in the prime shopping district which is extremely convenient if you want to shop and then drop off your stuff back in your room before heading out again, and (b) it is a very conspicuous hotel with a huge red sign, located directly at the end of a main room. It's also right beside Baiyoke Sky Tower, a prominent landmark. This is very helpful if you are unfamiliar with the roads in Thailand and are planning to hop into a taxi and tell the driver, "Khurana Inn, beside Baiyoke Sky Tower." These are really the only two good things about Khurana Inn. The next time I return to Bangkok (without kids for sure), I’ll probably try the Hotel 93 or Blutique nearby. Unless Khurana Inn undergoes a makeover or a complete facelift, I will not think of going back to stay.

P.S. To all hard-core shopaholics, we discovered a market set up right outside Khurana Inn which opens at 4 a.m. in the morning and closes shop about 8 a.m.! We recced it and found nothing costing more than 160 baht on sale! We think this market is probably meant for the locals to do their shopping. I found some great deals there! 

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TheLims_13

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your stay, Please kindly next time request for a room change if there's anything you didn't like about, we are there to provide best services to our customer.

Point to be notice : its a very busy area right in the middle of Bangkok Thailand, obviously our hotel is busy all the time with many regular customers who comes for shopping from morning until evening for their business purchase or for their own shopping

Looking forward serving you again and I m sure next time would be better

Best Regards

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed there with 2 friends from January 12-15. The rate was about $52/ night for triple room. Before I chose this hotel I had read some reviews that said the staff weren't very friendly and the breakfast was disappointing. Nevertheless, I chose Khurana Inn because of the location and also the price.
It's just in front of Baiyoke Sky Tower II so if your taxi driver doesn't know where Khurana Inn is, just say Baiyoke Sky Tower II. I downloaded the map (with Thai letters) and showed it to my taxi driver. From Don Muang Airport it costs 300 Baht to get there. If you go from Suvarnabhumi it's even better because Khurana Inn is just a few minute walk from an airport link station (I forget the name but it's one station before Phaya Thai BTS).
1. Location-wise it is very good. Many 7-11 shops around, and also there are about 2 malls right in front of the hotel. You can get cheap food from the food court, KFC or McDonald's if you're not sure about eating from hawkers. However they close at like 8 PM. It is also very easy to find halal food around Khurana Inn.
Pratunam Market and Platinum Shopping Mall are within walking distance. It's also not very far from Siam area so if you're into shopping, this is the right place to stay. Other hotels in the same area are more expensive, but if you've got the money you can consider staying in other hotels.
2. The room was basic. For triple room you get 1 double sized bed and 1 single sized, an LCD TV with DVD player, private bathroom (they give you small bar soaps and sachet shampoo), free breakfast and 2 bottles of mineral water a day. They also have free wifi. It was good enough for me. From what I learned there are some hostels scattered in different areas (not only in Khaosan Rd) but those hostels are pricey, like $10-13/ person so I might as well stay in a budget hotel.
3. The staff weren't as bad as people said. Maybe I was lucky, but the concierge who was in charge every morning was nice and helpful. Others were okay. I've met less friendly people in Bangkok during my stay.
4. The breakfast was like the reviews said. I also expected more on the menu, but hey for $52 a night (which means for a 3-night stay my friends and I spent $52 each) maybe this is worth the price.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank halida03

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for choosing us Khurana Inn for your stay.
Thank you for the sincere comment. I do agree with your comment . Our Khurana Inn Hotel is Value for Money and providing the Best location and Comfortable rooms with friendly staff.
Some customer review is really not true. so i suggest all beloved customer to EXPERIENCE by Yourself
Looking forward serving you

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Near to pratunam market, indra square and full of stalls selling different things around. also close to baiyoke sky mall. Good rooms and big choice of foods in the restaurant but next time i would probably stay elsewhere just due to my type.... otherwise good location too and i would recommend it

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay and I m happy you did enjoy our hospitality and the location.

Looking forward to see you again

Khurana inn

Reviewed July 3, 2012

A very basic hotel in the indian community of Prathunam in Bangkok. Only frequented by the business travelklers of India. The rooms very average and staff not courteous. Hotel has inhouse Indian Restaurant which is ok, the breaffast served is quite bad (as compared to any 3 star hotel). They just dump the food on a table and we have to struggle to get everything. Very startegically located and amidst the shopping places. Indra market in front, a nice night market comes by late evning, Pantip plaza is walking, so is platinum mall. Suggested only for people who donot mind the small very basic rooms. No for me ..not recommended if you are used to staying in a 4- 5 star property. You woudl be thorougly disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank saurabhagra

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the comment, thus our Hotel is located right in the middle heart of Bangkok as note the Hotel is 3 star which provide a room with a good size. If you wanted a bigger room i suggest you Suite Room which i m sure you will love it.

Khurana inn

Reviewed February 3, 2012

First we transfer from penthouse Hotel Pattaya then we decided to stay Near to Shopping Malls so we plan Indhra Squre Paradise of Garments and centre of all Entertainments and Shopping
We decide to purchase in the morning times we want to celebrate in the night times so If we booked hotel near entertainment area then we would not go to purchase so I decided and book the hotel near the Shopping Malls so we decided to stay in Pratunam . First we stepped in from the taxi to Baiyoke Sky Hotel it is telling it is the tallest hotel in Bangkok ok Then we Stepped inside the hotel. Without permission our luggage's are taken to lift then our packages are vanished because we are waiting for our taxi man he forget one luggage in the car . meanwhile our luggage are went to 13th floor i think may be 13 or 18 I am not sure they told the Reception area is in 13th floor . Then we went to the reception . The reception girl first told 6000baht per room in 21st floor 2 rooms are 12000baht 2 days 24000 baht. I already seen in agoda and some other website they are given the cost of rs.2800baht to 3500 baht per room i explained then she suddenly drop the price and told OK Give 20000 baht Our friends are accepted to stay but i refused and get out from the hotel because we are not going to stay in the hotel room, we have less time so we will be rounding the shopping malls in the day time we will not stay even though in night also we will come at late night after finishing night life activities then why we have to spend 20000bhat I am explained with my friends they accepted. within 5 Minutes We book the hotel Khurana inn within 50 footsteps near to the baiyoke sky hotel. Positives 1. Excellent friendly girl and boy staff in the reception boy in the night also informative, 2. 2 rooms 3 Beds Air condition for 3000 baht , 3.24 hour hot water 4. Girl Friendly hotel no charge for guests. 5. 70 foot steps to Indhira square garments shopping , 6. 400 foot steps right side cross road behind hotel Pandhip plaza electronic market, emporium and other shopping arcades near to hotel not more than 1000 foot steps.After finishing one shopping then return to room keep the things go next shopping 7.Around 6 massage clubs around hotel 8. We have finished shopping 9 pm then we take meter taxi only 55 bhat paid drive to nana plaza entertainment complex Sukhumvit soi 4 really better than pattaya i mean shows we return to hotel 1 ' o clock in the night at the same 55 bhat. 9. we paid 100 bhat to a without meter taxi to patpong in silom area and we return to hotel at overnight. 10. Breakfast Aloo paratha , Gobi paratha, is good taste. 11. Rooms are clean to sleep more business visitors staying i think garment purchasers economy traverllers. 12. Family friendly hotel no Problem you will stay with your family along with wife,mother,children without the smell of girls and do the purchase it is the fantastic place for family shopping without disturbance of thailand party life. 13. 45 minutes drive to Suvarnabhoomi airport 14. Lot of taxi's available in front of the hotel. 15. 7/11 stores 924 hours open departmental stores 2 of them are 50 foot steps near to hotel 16. Money exchange banks ATM available near to hotel private also available. Lets come to Negative points. 1. Room cleaning staffs are not polite they are rude without smile always. 2. some rooms Ac does not work i have shifted from 606 to 506 or 516 i think (may be room no forgotten) 3. rooms are small in some rooms no ventilation but due to that Ac works like Switzerland but i liked that. 4. Less menu for Break fast only one Aloo Parotha or Gobi parotha is not enough for us and the break fast time is strictly 10.30 they refused to give at 10.35 really sad about that. 6. Nothing other than this I will go again to this hotel
i will recommend my friends also we have booked 3 rooms here so i forget which room Ac is not working

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Godsownson76
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for a night here. The room was too small and the safe they provided was locked. Had a free wifi service. Location wise its excellent. They charged 1400 baht for two of us including breakfast which I think a little expensive in comparison to the quality of the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AvishekMukherjee

Dear Guest

We have now improved the new interior design of the room since Feb 2012 Thank you very much for your stay.

Looking forward serving you again soon

Best Regards