“Great location; still a lot of room for improvement, though”
Review of Khurana Inn

Ranked #499 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed there with 2 friends from January 12-15. The rate was about $52/ night for triple room. Before I chose this hotel I had read some reviews that said the staff weren't very friendly and the breakfast was disappointing. Nevertheless, I chose Khurana Inn because of the location and also the price.
It's just in front of Baiyoke Sky Tower II so if your taxi driver doesn't know where Khurana Inn is, just say Baiyoke Sky Tower II. I downloaded the map (with Thai letters) and showed it to my taxi driver. From Don Muang Airport it costs 300 Baht to get there. If you go from Suvarnabhumi it's even better because Khurana Inn is just a few minute walk from an airport link station (I forget the name but it's one station before Phaya Thai BTS).
1. Location-wise it is very good. Many 7-11 shops around, and also there are about 2 malls right in front of the hotel. You can get cheap food from the food court, KFC or McDonald's if you're not sure about eating from hawkers. However they close at like 8 PM. It is also very easy to find halal food around Khurana Inn.
Pratunam Market and Platinum Shopping Mall are within walking distance. It's also not very far from Siam area so if you're into shopping, this is the right place to stay. Other hotels in the same area are more expensive, but if you've got the money you can consider staying in other hotels.
2. The room was basic. For triple room you get 1 double sized bed and 1 single sized, an LCD TV with DVD player, private bathroom (they give you small bar soaps and sachet shampoo), free breakfast and 2 bottles of mineral water a day. They also have free wifi. It was good enough for me. From what I learned there are some hostels scattered in different areas (not only in Khaosan Rd) but those hostels are pricey, like $10-13/ person so I might as well stay in a budget hotel.
3. The staff weren't as bad as people said. Maybe I was lucky, but the concierge who was in charge every morning was nice and helpful. Others were okay. I've met less friendly people in Bangkok during my stay.
4. The breakfast was like the reviews said. I also expected more on the menu, but hey for $52 a night (which means for a 3-night stay my friends and I spent $52 each) maybe this is worth the price.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank halida03
Sukit_11, General Manager at Khurana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for choosing us Khurana Inn for your stay.
Thank you for the sincere comment. I do agree with your comment . Our Khurana Inn Hotel is Value for Money and providing the Best location and Comfortable rooms with friendly staff.
Some customer review is really not true. so i suggest all beloved customer to EXPERIENCE by Yourself
Looking forward serving you

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Near to pratunam market, indra square and full of stalls selling different things around. also close to baiyoke sky mall. Good rooms and big choice of foods in the restaurant but next time i would probably stay elsewhere just due to my type.... otherwise good location too and i would recommend it

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay and I m happy you did enjoy our hospitality and the location.

Looking forward to see you again

Khurana inn

Reviewed July 3, 2012

A very basic hotel in the indian community of Prathunam in Bangkok. Only frequented by the business travelklers of India. The rooms very average and staff not courteous. Hotel has inhouse Indian Restaurant which is ok, the breaffast served is quite bad (as compared to any 3 star hotel). They just dump the food on a table and we have to struggle to get everything. Very startegically located and amidst the shopping places. Indra market in front, a nice night market comes by late evning, Pantip plaza is walking, so is platinum mall. Suggested only for people who donot mind the small very basic rooms. No for me ..not recommended if you are used to staying in a 4- 5 star property. You woudl be thorougly disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank saurabhagra

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the comment, thus our Hotel is located right in the middle heart of Bangkok as note the Hotel is 3 star which provide a room with a good size. If you wanted a bigger room i suggest you Suite Room which i m sure you will love it.

Khurana inn

Reviewed February 3, 2012

First we transfer from penthouse Hotel Pattaya then we decided to stay Near to Shopping Malls so we plan Indhra Squre Paradise of Garments and centre of all Entertainments and Shopping
We decide to purchase in the morning times we want to celebrate in the night times so If we booked hotel near entertainment area then we would not go to purchase so I decided and book the hotel near the Shopping Malls so we decided to stay in Pratunam . First we stepped in from the taxi to Baiyoke Sky Hotel it is telling it is the tallest hotel in Bangkok ok Then we Stepped inside the hotel. Without permission our luggage's are taken to lift then our packages are vanished because we are waiting for our taxi man he forget one luggage in the car . meanwhile our luggage are went to 13th floor i think may be 13 or 18 I am not sure they told the Reception area is in 13th floor . Then we went to the reception . The reception girl first told 6000baht per room in 21st floor 2 rooms are 12000baht 2 days 24000 baht. I already seen in agoda and some other website they are given the cost of rs.2800baht to 3500 baht per room i explained then she suddenly drop the price and told OK Give 20000 baht Our friends are accepted to stay but i refused and get out from the hotel because we are not going to stay in the hotel room, we have less time so we will be rounding the shopping malls in the day time we will not stay even though in night also we will come at late night after finishing night life activities then why we have to spend 20000bhat I am explained with my friends they accepted. within 5 Minutes We book the hotel Khurana inn within 50 footsteps near to the baiyoke sky hotel. Positives 1. Excellent friendly girl and boy staff in the reception boy in the night also informative, 2. 2 rooms 3 Beds Air condition for 3000 baht , 3.24 hour hot water 4. Girl Friendly hotel no charge for guests. 5. 70 foot steps to Indhira square garments shopping , 6. 400 foot steps right side cross road behind hotel Pandhip plaza electronic market, emporium and other shopping arcades near to hotel not more than 1000 foot steps.After finishing one shopping then return to room keep the things go next shopping 7.Around 6 massage clubs around hotel 8. We have finished shopping 9 pm then we take meter taxi only 55 bhat paid drive to nana plaza entertainment complex Sukhumvit soi 4 really better than pattaya i mean shows we return to hotel 1 ' o clock in the night at the same 55 bhat. 9. we paid 100 bhat to a without meter taxi to patpong in silom area and we return to hotel at overnight. 10. Breakfast Aloo paratha , Gobi paratha, is good taste. 11. Rooms are clean to sleep more business visitors staying i think garment purchasers economy traverllers. 12. Family friendly hotel no Problem you will stay with your family along with wife,mother,children without the smell of girls and do the purchase it is the fantastic place for family shopping without disturbance of thailand party life. 13. 45 minutes drive to Suvarnabhoomi airport 14. Lot of taxi's available in front of the hotel. 15. 7/11 stores 924 hours open departmental stores 2 of them are 50 foot steps near to hotel 16. Money exchange banks ATM available near to hotel private also available. Lets come to Negative points. 1. Room cleaning staffs are not polite they are rude without smile always. 2. some rooms Ac does not work i have shifted from 606 to 506 or 516 i think (may be room no forgotten) 3. rooms are small in some rooms no ventilation but due to that Ac works like Switzerland but i liked that. 4. Less menu for Break fast only one Aloo Parotha or Gobi parotha is not enough for us and the break fast time is strictly 10.30 they refused to give at 10.35 really sad about that. 6. Nothing other than this I will go again to this hotel
i will recommend my friends also we have booked 3 rooms here so i forget which room Ac is not working

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Godsownson76
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for a night here. The room was too small and the safe they provided was locked. Had a free wifi service. Location wise its excellent. They charged 1400 baht for two of us including breakfast which I think a little expensive in comparison to the quality of the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AvishekMukherjee

Dear Guest

We have now improved the new interior design of the room since Feb 2012 Thank you very much for your stay.

Looking forward serving you again soon

Best Regards

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Khurana is located at the heart of the shopping area in bangkok, in pratunam . The place is clean but the staff are not good enough. They always expect their guest to give them a tip. And while you're on the middle of your sleep suddenly you will hear knocking and an old woman room attendant will put something on the fridge. So even if you're naked or something you have to get dressed and let her in.Some hotel staff are even not guest friendly.

Room Tip: if you still wish to stay in this hotel because it's in the heart of pratunam, choose the room 4...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank David C
Sukit_11, General Manager at Khurana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay with us, my apology for our staff they are just trying to do their job on day time.
Looking forward serving you

Gm

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Let me ask all aspiring Bangkok tourists one question...!! Why does one ever go to Bangkok...?! Of course! Its either the fact that its the party capital of the world, or that its a shoppers paradise or its the fact that you can walk down the streets all night either hopping from one club to the other, or one night market to the other!

I've never been able to justify spending too much on accommodation/hotels in Bangkok, since you hardly hardly spend any time at all in the room! So for me all I've ever needed is a clean room, a neat bathroom and a place to crash! I've never understood people going and staying in five stars in a place like Bangkok! A 5* in Maldives, I understand; in Thailand, nope! Here's why...!

I stayed in Amari Atrium, apparently a self-proclaimed luxurious property! Yup! The place is stunning : lovely welcoming lobby, wonderful views of the Chao Phya River...! But here's why I prefer Khurana Inn over it any day...! You walk out of Khurana Inn, right into a street market...! Platinum Mall, Pantip Plaza (The Electronic Connoisseur's paradise), Pratunam Market are all less than a 5-MINUTE WALK!!! Patpong (A sinner's Boulevard!) is a 10 minute ride in a taxi (100 THB) or a tuk-tuk (80 THB)...! To top that all, the hotel is so so so easy on the pocket...! I'd rather blow up my money on partying, clubbing, shopping, having a blast walking the streets of Bangkok, than stay cooped up in some really expensive hotel room that is so so far away from city centre...!

The food's a lovely combination of Indian and Thai; the bathroom, albeit small, has 24 hours hot water, and the staff is wonderfully helpful! The metro station is less than a 5 minute walk, so in case you are travelling light, you can just take the Airport Express Train to Ratchapharop Station and walk to the hotel. I would LIVE HERE EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO BANGKOK...! There would be no two ways about it!

Room Tip: You can choose from the twin to the three-bedded room...!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Ambli

LIVE HERE EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO BANGKOK...! Wow I can see how much you enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you again. Looking forward serving you.
Thank you again for everything and being such a nice guest with us

GM