I stayed there with 2 friends from January 12-15. The rate was about $52/ night for triple room. Before I chose this hotel I had read some reviews that said the staff weren't very friendly and the breakfast was disappointing. Nevertheless, I chose Khurana Inn because of the location and also the price.
It's just in front of Baiyoke Sky Tower II so if your taxi driver doesn't know where Khurana Inn is, just say Baiyoke Sky Tower II. I downloaded the map (with Thai letters) and showed it to my taxi driver. From Don Muang Airport it costs 300 Baht to get there. If you go from Suvarnabhumi it's even better because Khurana Inn is just a few minute walk from an airport link station (I forget the name but it's one station before Phaya Thai BTS).
1. Location-wise it is very good. Many 7-11 shops around, and also there are about 2 malls right in front of the hotel. You can get cheap food from the food court, KFC or McDonald's if you're not sure about eating from hawkers. However they close at like 8 PM. It is also very easy to find halal food around Khurana Inn.
Pratunam Market and Platinum Shopping Mall are within walking distance. It's also not very far from Siam area so if you're into shopping, this is the right place to stay. Other hotels in the same area are more expensive, but if you've got the money you can consider staying in other hotels.
2. The room was basic. For triple room you get 1 double sized bed and 1 single sized, an LCD TV with DVD player, private bathroom (they give you small bar soaps and sachet shampoo), free breakfast and 2 bottles of mineral water a day. They also have free wifi. It was good enough for me. From what I learned there are some hostels scattered in different areas (not only in Khaosan Rd) but those hostels are pricey, like $10-13/ person so I might as well stay in a budget hotel.
3. The staff weren't as bad as people said. Maybe I was lucky, but the concierge who was in charge every morning was nice and helpful. Others were okay. I've met less friendly people in Bangkok during my stay.
4. The breakfast was like the reviews said. I also expected more on the menu, but hey for $52 a night (which means for a 3-night stay my friends and I spent $52 each) maybe this is worth the price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Khurana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khurana Hotel Bangkok