“Perfect "close to BKK airport" hotel”
Review of Vabua Asotel

Vabua Asotel
Ranked #474 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I arrived just before midnight from overseas and my domestic connection wasn't until 2 pm the next day. Usually I would take a taxi all the way to Khao San Road area and get a cheap room there. But with the price of a taxi there (500) and a half decent room (400) and a taxi back (500), I figured I'd find a closer place. The taxi to Vaboir was 150 plus 50 airport fee. The room is 700 which included free breakfast (gross American breakfast... or I asked for and received Khao Tom, traditional Thai breakfast of rice soup) and a free cocktail from a free/cheap cocktail list. The hotel is bright, modern, clean, just down the block from 7/Eleven (isn't everything in Thailand?) and the staff is great. I was the only Falang that I saw. On the website it states free Wi/Fi in every room. When I asked for the pass code they tried to sell me minutes for about 10 seconds and then gave me the code for free. I think they used to charge for the cheaper rooms or something so just ask and don't pay. I am not worried it is far from MBK or other shopping areas. The Mall is not too far away if you really need that. But just for an overnight in this huge city, it is perfect. I'll be staying here again in 2 weeks when I have to leave Thailand for home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 13, 2012

i have booked this property through yatra .com.room was very nice n beautiful n spacious only one thiing in mind if u go for a bussiness trip it is far from main market .other wise nice n beautiful .i stayed there for two day in room no 518 spacious for four of us.getting a taxi from there is a big problem to to main market .but about half a kilometer there is local boat services that can drop u to main markets n r reasonable.hotel has a tuk tuk facility which is free for customer.so no need to worry if u r going with a family nice place as hotel has a travel desk can arrange tour for every one ,and nearby there r tour operators .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Vaboir Lodge was my choice for 4 nights visiting friends in the area.
The positives here are the staff, especially Balloon on Reception.
They were friendly and helpful at all times.
But we did have problems with security.
Another guest opened our locked door with their key - it just happened to fit our door!
We were moved to another room but really this should not happen and it made me feel quite insecure for the rest of our stay.

The room is clean, and cleaned daily.
The hotel is very busy, it has one very small lift and it can be quite a long wait to get the higher floors.
The restaurant is okay. Breakfast was included for us and, with our own extras such as fruit and yoghurt, it was a reasonable start to the day.
The hotel can be quite noisy too. There is a bar downstairs that has a band playing at night. They finish around midnight. Rooms on the bar side of the building have double glazing but still it is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bar side are noisier - try to choose the other side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I booked on line through agoda.com the Sinsiri Hotel 396 Ladpraow Road Soi 130 Klongjan in Bangkok and judging by the photos it looked good and the the rooms were cheap. What a mistake! I booked this and payed for 11 nights but after 2 nights my wife and I moved to the Vaboir Lodge Hotel, which was just a few hundred yards from this hotel. I had paid in full for the Sinsiri but did not mind forfeiting the money I had payed to find somewhere decent for the both us. This was to be a special trip for us as my wife is Thai and we were finalising our marriage.
From the time we entered the hotel we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The restaurant showed a good variety on the menu and the rooms were always so clean. They also had live music at night in the bar area. From a bad start at the Sinsiri, where the staff could not speak any English and showed no comcern to be helpful, to a well managed clean environment and staff that would do all they can for you. Our trip went well and yes, we received our marriage certificate after a lot of travelling to and fro from Emabssy to translaters to Thai offices. Oh, and the meter taxis were cheap and also offered a good service. Do not take the limousine vehicles from the hotels unless you want to throw your money away.. the price to the airport by limousine was 500 bht, the price by meter taxi was just under 200 bht!! Thank you Vaboir Lodge. We have more business to complete in Bangkok in a few months and will be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank-e-boy
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Nice room without all carpet on the floor! Restaurant open 24 hours a day.
02-04.04.2012 room on 5. floor the price was 550 baht / night.

Public taxi from international airport to hotel 200 baht and from hotel to international airport 150 baht.

Room Tip: Easy location when coming from internationas airport
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank markkut
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in de luxe rooms, or suite rooms, a few dollar extra and you get a big room aand also a quit room!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank wzrox
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The price is very reasonable comparing to the facilities and service provided. The big shopping mall is just 10 mins away. They have free shuttle to pier, which is very comfortable for the travellers who travel by taxi boat to avoid traffic. The restaurant offers variety of food and the food is very delicious. I would come back to stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple