So many great words come to mind when attempting to describe our wonderful experience at this hotel. We actually came across it as part of a timeshare exchange. Although it was listed as a Marriott property in Bangkok, we were wondering if it was really in the city as most timeshares are more in isolated areas away from the action. This is now our favorite Marriott timeshare.
The hotel lobby is very spacious, beautiful, clean and well-guarded. You have to use the room card to access the elevator area and your floor. The swimming pool was quite large and not crowded, we felt like it was our private pool some days. The beach chairs were nice and clean and pool towels were available in our room. The fitness center was small but adequate and very clean and comfortable.
Our 1-bedroom apartment was spacious, beautifully decorated with a blend of Thai decor and contemporary furniture. Everything in the apartment was spotless and new. The kitchen, while small was very efficient, quite functional and equipped with high-end cooking accessories. Our 1-bedroom apartment was spacious, beautifully decorated with a blend of Thai decor and contemporary furniture. Everything in the apartment was spotless and new. There were 2 large flat screen TVs with a great selection of channels. The closets were large, with plenty of extra storage in other closets where a broom, ironing board, washer/ dryer, detergent were available. The bathroom was gorgeous and modern, well-stocked, has the best oversized shower head and water pressure. You can enter it from either the bedroom or living-room which is quite convenient. The balcony was great for watching street traffic in the morning while sipping coffee while the air is still fresh and not too muggy. We were on a lower floor but still enjoyed the view. The balcony was also great for drying little pieces of clothing. We had 3 huge bottles of water delievered to our room every day, courtesy of Marriott when the apartment was clean.
The great thing about this hotel is the personal relationship with the staff as you see them and get greeted daily and their office is near the elevator and they're available on-site 24 hours. You get to talk and know them as this hotel is very intimate, not crowded or loud. . The staff spoke in Thai to the taxi driver who needed directions from the airport even though we provided the hotel address. Taxi drivers don't speak good English and have trouble finding this hotel, please make sure print directions in Thai with the hotel's help and hand it to the taxi stand at the airport where an agent can read it to the driver. We were warmly welcomed on the day we arrive,offered scented flower lais and much-needed cold ice tea. We were then escorted to our room and shown the amenities. Throughout our stay, we would go down to the concierge office, sit and chat with everyone about where we went, what we saw, learn some thai phrases and dishes find local places to eat. We regret we did not have all their names but they were truely a great team. We got to meet Noi, their manager who was very sweet and sincere. As this was our first time in Thailand and Bangkok, we were badly scammed on our 4th day in front of the Grand Palace. Noi personally came down and spent almost 1/2 day with us talking about what we could do. The staff called the Tourist Police and explained the case on our behalf. They got on the phone many times as needed. Although we were not satisfied with the outcome, Noi continued making phone calls to try further and personally updated us by phone after we had already left Bangkok for Phuket. Noi and everyone at the hotel went above and beyond to help us
perfect location very near the BTS station, with cheap taxis (make sure it's taxi meter) readily available, not in a touristy area where you would get hassled, with plenty of local markets and street vendors in nearby Chong Nosi and Sala Daeng neighborhoods. We took a taxi from the airport but after our week's stay, were comfortable getting around that we decided to use the BTS to get to the airport as the station was very close, within walking distance. We don't recommend anyone doing this if you can't carry your luggage up and down quite many flights of stairs (they need to add escalators at BTS stations). If you need local supermarkets, there is a Makro superstore if you go opposite direction from the nearest BTS, which is about a 20-minute walk. They specialize in big packet items but have some individual items such as delicious freshly baked baguettes, butter, eggs, plenty of fresh fruits and milk. They also have a delicious, clean, dirt cheap food court which is a safer alternative for us than street food. There was no shortage of good food or convenience stores nearby. The hotel offers many carry-outs, deliveries from nearby restaurants, one of which is the very popular Sara Jane which was virtually next door which we tried. They offer Thai and Italian dishes at very reasonable prices. The ex pat staying at the hotel loved this restaurant when it was in its previous location near his work. Leela massage and spa, recommended by the hotel staff was right across the street, you can just walk over on the sky walk outside the hotel, to your left. While we were there, they offered special packages, that were 50 % off. The 1hour thai massage was 300 baht, 2 hours was 450 bath, unbeatable price for a very private and charming facility.
The Marriott V.C at Empire Place (this is the name of the hotel for the timeshare exchange) offered the perfect stay for us in Bangkok. We would definitely stay here again if we were to visit Bangkok again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok