We booked a one bedroom executive suite for 2 weeks over Christmas, which had a living room and open plan kitchen.
Absolutely fantastic size apartment with all the facilities you would want:
2 flatscreen TVs, a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and dryer and lovely bathroom.
One of the most comfy beds we have had and with daily housekeeping, a real joy to stay in.
The pool was very cold on the first few days we were there so to enter it was quite 'challenging' but it soon warmed up (or maybe we got used to it!), and it was a lovely place to spend an afternoon.
It's not a huge pool area, but even at Christmas (which we imagine was full capacity), there was only a couple of hours one late morning where there were no loungers free - the rest of the time there was no problem and as others have said, no issues with people 'reserving' beds.
We used room service on a couple of occasions which was great both times, and the pool bar was also fantastic - not the cheapest but when you have it served to your sun lounger, we were quite happy to pay a little extra.
We cannot say enough good things about the staff - they were absolutely superb, across all areas of the hotel. We moved rooms when we arrived as the hotel is in a fairly built up area and there was another (Fraser Suites next-door) tower block obscuring our view of the skyline, and the reception staff were utterly gracious and efficient in accommodating our wishes.
The hotel is located in the embassies district of Bangkok which on the one hand gives you good quality pavements (for example),and a quiet area to stay in, but on the other be advised it is a good 15 minute walk to the nearest tube station and a good 25 minutes to Silom for restaurants etc. Not a big deal but if you want to be right in the heart of everything, perhaps Sukhumvit would be a better place to stay.
The hotel is on a side street off the main road and therefore you have to negotiate a 4 lane road every time you want to walk anywhere (25 minutes to Silom, 35 minutes to Siam), which after 2 weeks stay was a bit of a pain, but it wouldn't have changed our decision - everything else within the hotel made up for it.
We couldn't fault our stay to be honest - we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok