“Excellent and affordable hotel in Bangkok!”

Tango Vibrant Living Place
Ranked #184 of 1,304 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had read all the references we could about this hotel and were absolutely confirmed when we stayed there!! The hotel is nice, very well attended, the breakfast is superb, abundant and tasty! The staff are really friendly, always caring about our needs.

The rooms are fantastic, considering the low price you pay. The bed is absolutely comfortable, the bathroom has a separate part for the shower, all the bathroom amenities, spotless clean, the towels are very nice, everything in place, as I would like to find!

It's very well located, it's only two blocks away from the train that brings you from and to the airport, so you won't need to take a taxi. With a map, we found the hotel immediately! It's near a big big market that works until late every day. The only negative point is it's a little away from the shopping malls area, and quite far from the temples, but you can easily take the MRT and it's fine, you can even walk a lot to see the city. One day we walked all our way from the hotel to the temples, locals told us to take a tuk tuk, but we preferred to walk, it was a fantastic experience!

Veredict: I totally recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want to spend much on a hotel, but enjoys a good hotel! Really exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I booked and checked in by a front desk reception. It's very fast and convinience ,but a hotel rate is higher than agencies booking. It's cost 1550 bath a night. A hotel room is a middle size around sqms.there are a queen sized bed, working table, sofa and curtain. A bath room is clean and modern but have no a bath tub. A breakfast is only a few varieties of food to chose but tasty. This hotel near several shopping centers and the hotel located at the soi which is not far from main street that you can walk. Receptionist and crues are service-minded.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed at Tango on 7 April for 1 night. It's location is very convenient as it is near the Ratchaprarop ARL station so getting from n to the airport was easy. Also just across the street is pratunam area & platinum mall is not far off from there. On the same road as the hotel, you will find many massage centres which are cheap, one in particular is called the Sweet Home massage which i tried and the 2 hour oil massage was really good for only THB 350. The hotel room was very spacious and clean with a nice modern ensuite bathroom. Security was also good with access cards required to get to your floor and room. It is a small hotel but for the price and facilities it was a good stay. i transferred to the Ecotel down the road for the next 3 nights as i had pre-booked earlier and it was very ordinary compared to Tango. Definitely will stay at tango again the next time i am in Bangkok.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank George T
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Tango is located within 3 mins walk from the airport railway. The location is fantastic. Its within walking distance to platunum mall, central world. Most of the taxi do not know this hotel, the nearest landmark is Indra Regent.
The room is clean and the size are comfortable. One thing i like about this hotel is that u need to have access card to get into the hotel and the room level. It's an added security!
Breakfast comes with american breakfast (ham, bacon, sausage, eggs), porridge, bread, cereal, fruits...
Overall i enjoyed my stayed at Tango. Will stay here for my future trip.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My family and I have been fortunate enough to have stayed here on two occasions (January 2010 and December 2011). The location is ideal...no more than a 15 minute walk to fantastic shopping at Platinum Mall and Central World. The Chidlom BTS Skytrain station is also a short stroll away. I found the rooms to be very modern, quiet and clean. There is a LCD television and fridge in the room. Internet is available in the lobby, and is free (1 hour / day). I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast that is served. Service in the restaurant was very good as everyone we met spoke English.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Yes, the location is great and I've stayed at Tango twice over the last two years. Yet, I have to say service and cleanliness have decreased significantly. It's just not well maintained and I would not recommend staying there. There are tons of newer, cleaner and friendlier places in the area. You don't need to put up with a dirty room and annoyed staff who don't even look you in the eyes at the reception because they are so occupied with constantly texting on their phones. The whole place could do so much better. I'm definitely not going back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wolf1980
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I booked this placed for 2 nights based on the glowing reviews from tripadvisor, grudgingly stayed for one night and cancelled the next night. It started off with a bad welcome. I was not greeted by anyone and when I told the lady at front desk I had booked a room she just stared at me then ignored me so my boyfriend had to take over, throughout the whole process she was just rude and didnt say a word before handing our room key. The room itself looked OK, nothing special. That I can deal with. What I did not expect was the infestation of ants in the room. As soon as i put any food down, anywhere in the room, a large number of ants would march along, i was horrified to say the least. What i could not believe was when i tried to wash my dishes in the bathroom sink, the ants suddenly appeared again! Then i saw then on the bedside and a few on the bed, to make matters worse they were on me and my boyfriend too! I am warning everyone now, do NOT stay at this hotel unless you just want a room you won't spend any time in.
One of the worst things that shocked me was that you only get 1 hour free wifi per day, after you have to pay 150 baht per hour! The website fails to mention this! The next morning we demanded a refund for this horrible stay, it took a while to sort out but thank god we didnt have the horrid lady we first experienced.
For the money we paid, we expected much more than this, i think i speak for anyone when i say that having helpful and polite staff really does make all the difference. We ended up going back to the original hotel we stayed at when we arrived in bangkok, Boss Suites Hotel near sukhumvit road. This hotel is a delight, the staff are wonderful and helpful and give 5 star service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple