Honey House 2
$162
$145
$461
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I traveled or 3 weeks in Thailand and out of all the hotels we stayed in, this was my favorite. The staff were amazing. Friendly and chatty, and very helpful! The room was 1000 bht a night for twin beds and very nice, it had a good sized shower room, a safe, fridge with a free bottle of water for each guest every day, a wardrobe, desk, TV, AC and breakfast. The hotel was about 15 minute walk the the sky train (Sukhumwit station) it cost us 25 bht to travel one way from the airport, after getting a bus for 30bht. Don't get a taxi! Just walk out the airport and ask for the bus and train. Terminal 21 shopping mail is also next to the station. Very happy with my stay, would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dotlibbydot
Reviewed April 8, 2013

With its location on Sukhumvit road you you are near to all shopping areas and the sky train system BTS.
This is a perfect cheap alternative in the heart of Bangkok.
The rooms are clean and quiet. The rooms have air condition, TV, hot shower and refrigerator. There is a restaurant on the ground floor and the receptionist are working 24 hrs.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ThomasThil
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this guest house on arriving in Bangkok. It was clean and well maintained and we booked two Deluxe rooms which were reasonable value at 1000 baht with a contintenal breakfast, I booked two Deluxe rooms for our last night in Bangkok, however on arrival was informed that they had given our rooms to someone that wished to extend their stay. So much for forward bookings! They could only offer us Superior rooms which had no external window at 800 baht a night. We had no choice as it was late afternoon. The room was fine except I awoke at 5.30am with the foul smell of cigarette smoke coming through either my air conditioner or bathroom ceiling vent. It was so strong I could not sleep and had to leave my room and go down to the reception area. I complained to the lady that manages the guest house who offered absolutely nothing for my lack of sleep, not even a free cup of tea. Don't stay there unless you get a Deluxe room!

Room Tip: Don'y stay in anything other than a Deluxe room !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This review is for Honey House 1. I stayed here two nights, arriving just after 9pm the first night. I booked online so no problems checking in.

1. Location. The guesthouse is in a pretty good spot, about a two minute walk in from Sukhumvit Rd and about 10 mins walk from Phrom Phong BTS station in one direction and a bit longer to Asok BTS in the other direction. Sukhumvit Soi 22 has a fair amount of night life, hotels, and shops so you don't need to go far to find something to do. I've been coming to Bangkok for about a decade now and this was my first time down Soi 22 and I was kind of surprised with all the stuff I found there.

2. The Rooms. I stayed in a standard room (Rm 202 - Bt690) the first night. It was a but musty smelling, small and it was at the front of the guesthouse. Everything in the room worked, but the TV was only about 16" or so, and the toilet/shower was a corner cubicle type with a glass enclosure. The toilet was so close to the glass door I had to sit sideways to use it (if you're short you should be ok). I arrived on a Friday night to find a band playing practically right outside my window at a restaurant next door, which was not fun as I just finished a 13 hour bus ride from Cambodia. About an hour after checking in I wanted to change rooms but was told none were available till the following day, and the owner said the music would stop around 1am. I put in some earplugs which solved the problem and got a decent nights sleep in the end. I also had a lot of trouble with the wifi in this room, when it did connect it was really slow. This room reminded me of some of the rooms I've stayed at in Chungking Mansions in Hong Kong.

The following morning I did change rooms, to a superior (Rm 519 - Bt890). This room is in a building next door (in the same place as the massage area), upstairs, at the far end of the hall and much quieter. The room was bigger, the bathroom a lot bigger, TV was better, and the wifi was much faster and I never lost the connection here. To put it bluntly, Rm 519 is a 100% improvement over Rm 202. Both standard and superior rooms have small safes mounted on the walls, which is something I wish all hotels had.

3. The Restaurant. They have a pretty extensive menu here and on my first and second nights there seemed to be a fair number of people eating here. I ate outside, but I did have the American breakfast this morning at Honey House 1. It was a bit pricey (Bt202 incl. tax) but was pretty good - two eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, tomato, cucumber, toast, juice and tea/coffee.

4. The Staff. The staff received me in a professional manner and when I changed rooms after my first night there were no problems getting that done.

Overall Honey House 1 seems to be pretty good. I wouldn't recommend the standard rooms unless you're a guy traveling alone and you want to save a bit of money. But if you're a couple or family, then take the superior rooms because they're so much better for just Bt200 more. Personally I like a bit of comfort when I travel and don't look for the cheapest of this or that any longer.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, they're bigger and quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jvankl
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 1 night before flying to Krabbi, arrived outside the entrance to the hotel is clean the lobby is well presented,was greater by a friendly receptionist who checked us in and sent us up, the rooms are dated and a little bit shabby but we weren't expecting great things for the price we paid,don't book if you want luxury,if you are after somewhere to stop over in a good location this is perfect,little shop opposite and loads of places to eat on the same road.
Good service,good location,good price,average rooms,no complaints

• Stayed: January 2013