“Delicious. Steps away from the BTS.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Queen of Curry
Ranked #94 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Silom
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious. Steps away from the BTS.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We followed trip advisor and found this delightful little restaurant. It's so close to the BTS Saphan Taksin station, just across from the shangra la hotel. We went for lunch and had the place all to ourselves. The owner was very friendly. Her food was so tasty and spicy. I would definitely stopping by for a bite.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Bloody good stuff mate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Sarcastic title of this review aside.... This place offers the real deal! Expect to pay slightly more than your average street stall for eating in a place such as this however, expect to also get great food and pretty awesome service too! When compared with prices for Thai restaurants at home, as well as quality, I could only wish for something like this to be where I live.

Located along a small side street just off Charoenkrung road in Bangkok, lies this little 'hole-in-the-wall' restaurant that serves some of the finest curries I've tasted to date. The food is presented well, smells amazing and tastes just like it should. You can opt for the outside dining option or go in for the airconditioned area. I personally found the food reasonably priced for what was on offer and it throws out a great ambience as you sit right across from a small street side market. I personally preferred to be seated outside so we could enjoy our break from the cold back home and watch the fascinating hustle and bustle of a busy Bangkok evening.

If you do take a cab there, don't expect to be dropped out the front of the place. Often busy traffic hinders any way inward to the area and you'd just have to walk about 200 metres to get there from where your taxi may drop you. Alternatively, you can opt for a tuk tuk and that may be able to carve its way through the commotion to get you a little closer to where you need to be.

Will definitely be back here next time around and would recommend it without hesitation.

Guardamiglio, Italy
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm not a super expert in Thai cuisine, but not even a beginner, having my 5 trips to the Land of Smiles.
The Gaeng soup I tasted in this place was a truly remarkable dish, sweet and sour, typical of Thai cuisine brought to its highest.
Tiny room, outdoor no more than 4-5 tables.
Good location, convenient from Silom Road and along the river.
Only issue, an international hotel nearby download tourists in the restaurant, not always polite.
I do not understand who describes the service as bad. Hey, we are in the country of "sabai sabai" (slowly) and I think we should be a little adapting to the characteristics of the other peoples when you go to their house. And these waitresses of "Queen", to be Thai they fly!
The soup, of course with steam rice, plus two beers and a coffee, if I remember correctly took me to an account of 340 baht, then 9 euro.
Of course, there is more to Thailand than once, that of 4/5 euros, but still good!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Helsinki, Finland
“Good gaeng massaman, poor service, high price/quality ratio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just visited the restaurant today and to be honest, it was a disappointment in terms of service. The staff spoke very poor English so we couldn't communicate well, and some even walked away when we brought to their attention that our iced tea was still nowhere to be seen after starters and main courses were delivered to the table. We got our tea in the end after reminding the staff four times. It is also worth noticing that at that time there were only 8 customers including us.

However, the chicken satay was good, and so was the gaeng massaman. My husband didn't like his penang chicken but maybe he just doesn't like spicy food. Also, the price was relatively high in comparison with other restaurants that serve the same type of cuisine.

Bottom line: the restaurant is worth trying once but I'd prefer restaurants/food shops that have more locals. On the same day we went to Chatuchak market and tried out Dinpao food shop. Oh my god, that was finger licking wonderful! :)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“This is a gem of a restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Every time I come here I am always heartened by the food.

The restaurant has recently expanded into the small next door premises and although there is more room, well, its always busy.

Prices are very reasonable.

Food is just lovely.....fresh and tasty.

Visited February 2013