“Great Food but Lame Atmosphere” 2 of 5 bubbles

Roadhouse Barbecue
Ranked #1,250 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Voted best American Restaurant in Bangkok 2009 to 2015. Featuring Ribs, Steaks, Salads, Buffalo Wings, Burgers, Craft Beer with 26 Beers on Tap. Great Sports bar on Third Floor with big screen TV's.
BKK
“Great Food but Lame Atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Food at Roadhouse is Great but it's almost all for nothing because the atmosphere ruins everything.
I wanted to go there and have a nice dinner with a Friend, watch some sports BUT the sports area (upper Floor) allows Smoking! I can't eat with 20 or 30 people puffing away around me so we went back to the ground floor.
There, to our surprise was a single man singing live, with his guitar. He was so loud that I could not hear anything my friends were telling me an dew had to shout to each other.
Food is great, pretty expensive, but the thing that will keep me away is the smoke and the live music (too smokey and Too loud)

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NicolasBkk

• Thai first
Nanjing, China
“Nice spot for close to home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Was a wonderful chance to sit down and eat some good American food. I was there with two other expats and we ended up enjoying dinner with appetizers, ribs, brisket, and dessert. Service was good, chairs were adult sized, and had great unsweetened iced tea. I honestly didn't even look at the bill because I would've paid blindly I was so happy. Anyway, good spot in my book.

ChefDana, Owner at Roadhouse Barbecue, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks so much for the nice comments!
Bangkok
“Ripped off at lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

I would much rather write this to the owners but the web site gives no email contact so I'll go public as it serves as a little warning. Roadhouse has a lunch special with prices for 2 and 3 courses. The food is average and the meal is reasonably priced.

So today we ordered our first two courses which were fine. We than indicated we would like to order a dessert. The waitress pointed to the LARGE main menu which had 5 or so options which we WRONGLY assumed were the dessert options for the lunch. We ordered, desserts came and were consumed then the bill came. We had been charged for 2 courses PLUS separately for the desserts. The waitress said she thought we only wanted the two course menu. Now why would she think this when we asked for desserts after having the other two dishes. The desserts cost almost as much as the other part of the meal.

I got angry as the waitress was either stupid or cunning. I must say she was pretty pleasant throughout the meal and very efficient but this did make me angry as it was illogical.

Anyway just a word of warning - don't rely on the common-sense of the waiting staff and yes I did feel ripped off (which is why I have rated value as terrible. (Had I been treated correctly the value would have been average for that area). Won't be going back to a while and I do have a loyalty card - only takes one stupid thing to turn you off a place.

If there was a contact address on the web site this would not have been a public harangue.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Somewhere O
thailand
“needs to up its game”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

There simply aren't that many restaurants serving BBQ in Bangkok. None of them are great so Roadhouse survives on the regular attention of tourists. Actually I've never seen the place crowded but I don't usually go there in the evenings so things might perk up a bit then. The prices are not outrageous and the food isn't bad either. They offer specials for lunch and I have availed myself of them from time to time always leaving not quite satisfied. I think if the restaurant put out just a bit more effort, it would be a place worth seeking out.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank borodino
poppadoms01235
“Pricey but good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

In comparison to other restaurants in the area it is pretty pricey but its just because its western food. The chicken wings are fab, seriously hot even when you order medium spice!
There are pool tables, chess, live music pretty much something for everyone and its air conditioned.
if you've been in Bangkok a while, or just fancy some western food give it a try.
Its on a corner in the Patpong area of Bangkok.

Visited March 2012