“Could have been better”

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
Ranked #83 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great on the first night. Comfortable, clean (despite the mildew smell in the shower) and friendly staff. Until the second morning when I was stopped at breakfast and informed that I didn't get breakfast with my room. Which was clearly not the case. And when I spoke to the manager he was not helpful. He attempted to negotiate even after I showed him the documentation which said it was included. It wasn't until I told him I would contact my credit card company and reverse the charges that he honored the rental agreement.

If it weren't for that manager and the several trips I had back and forth to resolve the situation I would have rated this hotel higher. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the rooms were comfortable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Chris D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Bangkok Silom.

First of all, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies in regards to the breakfast issue. And on another positive note, I appreciate your compliments in regards to our room & breakfast.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our property in a near future.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom

Reviewed December 27, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2013

External view of hotel clearly not so attractive, but interior looks fine. Room/bed rather cozy and comfortable, but design of bathroom lacked consideration. Shower area and basin extremely user unfriendly. No basic bathroom amenities, no bedroom slippers provided. Have to call the housekeeping to ask for items. Room lightings and mirror need to be adjust and improve. Buffet breakfast not much variety. Location not that fantastic. Staffs were friendly and polite when approached. Free wifi in public areas and room, which is great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eyfashionaire,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our Property.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the bathroom amenities & buffer breakfast line, which will be addressed to our management team for further improvements.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

My experience in Novotel was fantastic. Staff were very nice and always ready to help. Some had difficulties with speaking or understanding English but we managed. The only downturn for me was the swimming pool time. It says on the website that the opening hours are from 6am to 9pm but in reality it was only open from 9am to 7pm. Worst timing as you either want to use the pool early in the morning or late in the evening. As a tourist you want to use the day light time to visit the Bangkok attractions. One of the key reasons I booked this hotel was because of the pool but i could not use it and it was hence a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Sydchad,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Bangkok Silom and glad to learn that overall you had a fantastic experience stay with us especially for helpfulness of the staffs.

To name & few, the swimming pool will be we considered closing at 9pm (currectly the operating time from 6am to 7pm) as soonest.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Compact Novotel with good facilities in the heart of Silom. Gym is OK but small and pool is really a plunge pool. Staff are incredibly helpful and you are near many facilities and attractions. This is a good hotel option

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Mark65 V,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Novotel Bangkok Silom. We are so happy that you chose us and that we were able to provide you with such a great experience!
I’m glad that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities, and service!

Please rest assured I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the rest of the team whom are already eagerly welcoming your next return to the land of smiles.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank onelightyear

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at this Novotel for 6 nights. Hotel is surrounded by shops and restaurants which is very nice if you dont want to eat at the hotel. Executive room was unexpectedly large, with large bathroom and great view from 20th floor. Staff was was very nice, helpful and smiling at almost all times. However majority of staff did speak only basic english, so mutual understanding was sometimes difficult.

Room was bright and clean, however only dirty teaspoons were provided, probably used by previous occupant of the room. I could also see in the corners of the floor, that the vacuuming was not thorough but rather as quick and easy as possible.

There were moldy spots in the room, under the working table, suprisingly at the edge of the cloth table lamp shade and in the edges of glass shower cabin. Except for that the bathroom was kept very clean at all times, apart from toilet bowl which was not cleaned everyday, but apparently just on random basis.

Free wifi worked well as did the in room facilities such as A/C, TV or connection port. Room was also equiped with german (EU standard) electrical sockets so I was able to use my notebook and razor without any problems. Minibar was well stocked, and refilled almost everyday. I also got excellent sleep every night.

The hotel restaurant was of a standard Novotel quality, good breakfast buffet and good dinner buffet complemented by a la carte menu. However stay out of the a la carte steaks, unless you like fatty cuts of meat with a very symbolic portion of sauce of somehow strange taste.

Hotel pool is very small but there were no crowds during my stay so it turned to be actually adequate for a sunbath and small swim in the afternoon. There was also a poolbar but it was closed everytime I was using this facility despite that according to the opening hours and hotel tv it was supposed to be open. After few days I just decided to bring my drinks from the minibar which I had no problem with. Fitness centre is small too, but again no crowds, no problems and adequate for holiday training as long as you bring your water with you.

All in all this hotel needs to work on some details, but it was still a pleasurable stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Theo L
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Theo L,

It's pleasing to hear that you felt happy to have stayed with us during your time in Bangkok. However in regards to all of your comments, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.I have shared this matter with our team in order to prevent any future re-occurrences.

On another positive note, I appreciate your compliments in regards to our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I do hope on your next visit to Bangkok, we would get the opportunity to welcome you back again.