“Was stay here every year while we are heading back to Thailand (Bangkok)”

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
Ranked #85 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Saint-Cyprien, France
“Was stay here every year while we are heading back to Thailand (Bangkok)”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

3 years so far that we always went back the same hotel while we are going back to visit Bangkok and of course will stay at Novotel Fenix Silom again soon (in Nov,Dec'2013) Holiday is just booked :)

Room : We always have the same room same type of room and same floor for 2 year, last year upper floor. So here is always clean, standard (not so big and not to small for 2 persons), shower and toilet are fine.

Staffs and service : they're so lovly :) always remember us!! (so please for that!!!)

***(ps :just annoyed some taxi on the front of the hotel) (Do not take them just call the taxi from the street with meter)

Food/Breakfast/Dinner/Bar : Good value,Thai food and European food, Bar (a bit noissy because just right next to the reception) Bar at the pool area (i never seen them open it, if their will have a small bar next to the pool is would be great)

Location : close to BTS Sapantaksin, Close to Express way to airport, near Silom road and BTS, Walking distance to Sky Bar (do not miss it!!!) cool place to chill and have a wonderful view with Bkk bird eyes view!!!

See you again soon Novotel Fenix Silom :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Terbtoh,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Bangkok Silom and glad to learn that overall you had a fantastic experience and memorable stay with us especially for the room, food and the friendliness of the staffs. To name & few, the pool bar will be we consider adequate corresponding to the additional premium as soonest.

Please rest assured I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the rest of the team whom are already eagerly welcoming your next return to the land of smiles.

Ampawan Boonsantisuk
On behalf of the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Well designed but really poorly managed.
The location is good, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest bts station. Street here is safe and clean. If you would go to the night life area, taxi by meter would cost around thb 50.
The room seems to be newly decorated, should be function well but unfortunately it did not.
The air con will cool the room to 17c even you set the control to 27.
Hot water in the bath room is only around 33~34c, which means you still will feel cold while no cold water added.
In the morning i called the front desk to sent me tooth brush and shaving kit. It took the house keeper around 20 minutes to come and later I found the box of shaving kit is empty, clearly recycled from other's room without least check.
I called the front desk again for the shaving kit but in the following half hour, no one shown up. So I called the front desk the third time for the shaving kit. finally it turned out to be you have to negotiate one hour for a disposable shaving kit.
I think it's reasonable that service like this does not deserve a tip. However, this hotel can always surprise you.
When I came back from full day of cooking school, I found the door of room was just opening there! Thankfully I put all the valuable in the safe.
After checked with me that nothing stolen, the from desk just call me to say that they cannot find the housekeeper who made the room.
The said they were sorry on the phone but did not even bother to have a face to face apologize,
this hotel use the brand of Accor, but I don't think it match the service quality even for ibis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sheung Y
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sheung Y,

Thank you for submitting your recent review and for selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok.

It come with great disappointment to learn of all the shortfalls which contributed to a below par experience. This is certainly not the level of service we as & Novotel pride ourselves on delivering to our discerning guests.

After investigating into the problematic areas most of which seemed to derive from maintenance & room defects I can clarify the following. Unfortunately there was a thermostat issue with the air condition which resulted in the severe temperature drop. Upon returning to your room and finding your door open this was a self locking problem which prevented your door from closing entirely. Rest assured however both incidents have now being rectified and are now operating efficiently.

Furthermore we acknowledged your long drawn out ordeal in requesting a shaving kit. Which was at fault of & communication error, needless to say telephone etiquette workshops are being swiftly introduced to try reduce such occurrences in the future and to improve on guest request scenarios.

In spite of the above inconveniences we certainly hope you will provide us with the opportunity to serve you better and redeem your faith in our Novotel upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a nice place, rooms are on the small side but comfortable. Location is very handy to the train for getting around town. Like all Accor hotels their TV system is poor. The restaurant is nice, although inexplicably tonight is their 3rd anniversary so they have doubled the prices in the restaurant to celebrate?? Apart from this we are happy with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WWQPM
Dear WWQPM,

Thank you for your review and for selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your city retreat whilst in Bangkok.

We very much value your feedback whilst its pleasing to learn you also appreciated the comfort of the room and convenient access to all local tourist destinations. We did evidently increase our buffet dinner price, due to our hotel 3rd anniversary desiring a significantly larger buffet variety, which fairly jusitified the increased price which we trust you had the opportunity to enjoy.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Check in was brisk however I was put off by my so called upgrade from a Standard Room to a Premier Executive room. Front desk was polite and made me felt like I've just won something when she told me that she's proud to upgrade my standard room to a Premier Executive room. Knowing that guest who are staying at the Premier Executive rooms are entitled to complimentary minibar (published on their hotel website) but it wasn't the case for me since I'm not a full paying guest. What other perks do one get with the free upgrade besides an espresso machine with 1 pod of espresso a day when there's 2 people in the room. (room size is the same and didn't have a couch) Indeed, it is just the usage of minibar which is not a big deal to me, but the thought and feeling of upgrading to something better but not getting anything from it really sucks. I'd rather not receive any 'upgrades'

Other than that,the room was new and clean, mattress is very comfortable but the pillows were lumpy. Breakfast was tremendously basic and rather tasteless so much so on my 3rd day I popped into a 7-11 for microwave food that is so much better.

Location is far off from the Sala Daeng BTS and Silom MRT (1.8km to be exact) but is closer to Surasak BTS which is approximately 750 meters but thankfully the hotel has a shuttle service to the BTS.

Housekeeping was annoying to me, at 945am the housekeeping will knock on your door many times as though there's a fire and then ask you whether you have any laundry. This can be done better by having a laundry sign to be put on the door knob instead.

The service level of this hotel is not up to my expectation, if this hotel was in any other South East Asian city, perhaps I can accept, but for Thai standards they are just not on par with the other hotels I've stayed in Bangkok.

Perhaps all of these can be summarize because of the price I paid which is cheap and certainly does not deserve a 4 star rating nor the Novotel brand.

I'd rather pay a little more and stay else where.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gordon Y
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Gordon Y,

Thank you for taking time out to submit & review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred city retreat whilst in Bangkok.

It comes with great regret to observe the shortfalls which resulted in & below par experience at our hotel. Room upgrades are extended as and when feasible due to the additional comfort & recognition it portrays to our valued guests. Benefits of which contain the following, breakfast consumption in room without additional charge, late check out, complimentary WIFI whilst not forgetting complimentary mini-bar. All of which we consider adequate in justifying the increased premium rate.

Our breakfast buffet often receives praise with & wide variety of Western & Asian tastes displayed therefore we apologize in the instant that it failed to match your expectations, nonetheless we will take further action to review our current rotation policy. I will also review your laundry doorknob recommendation with the relevant department for further consideration.

Mindful of all the setbacks we do hope however this did not leave & tarnished impression of our hotel and that we may be presented with the opportunity to once again receive you upon your next visit to Bangkok and regain your trust & faith in our Novotel.