“Great Location and service”

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
Ranked #118 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great Location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I just had one night stop over in Bangkok and I was a beat worried about the location that in fact is so convenient. From the airport by the tollway it toke me about 30 minute only and I had the feeling that the road exist right in the middle of the lobby as I never experience short trip without traffic jam like that in Bangkok. same the next day to move in the city for my business or to get back to the Airport.
The hotel was what I expected from a Novotel with great value and price . In had room service and it was just great . Mr golf front office was very help and my reservation was ready without mistake.
I'll be back

Room Tip: I am French and it is walking distance from the French Embassy very conveinent
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Thierry D
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Thierry,

We are truly delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location best situated to facilitate your business needs & requirements.

Most encouraging however is that our services and in particular the personal attention of Mr Golf at the front office enriched your experience even further. I will certainly be sure to convey your appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

On behalf of the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

First things first - staff at the front desk very rude. Checkin process very tedious. Although I paid online a month prior they kept a deposit of 5000 baht per room. Really it is ridiculous, being a budget hotel obviously the traveler is on a budget. After paying advance money if I still have to block my card how will I survive my stay. The frontdesk is unable to give us rooms togeather....they were all scattered on the smoking floor which was a last option available. The smoking floor felt like walking and breathing in cloud of smoke. Never ever experienced a smoking floor like this. Wifi password didint work, when checked with the front desk they started accusing us of swapping our rooms internally and hence the login didnt work. After a very rude conversation they realised it was thier fault. Room very small and ok. Bathroom clean but was stinking. Over all I enjoy staying in accor hotels but this one has been our worst experience. Will have to think again while staying with the brand novotel again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank commando2828
Dear Commando,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok.

Firstly I would like to apologize for the ill mannered services rendered, This is certainly not a level of service commonly associated with our hotel. Rest assured we have taken your remarks seriously and will address the department concerned,

Furthermore regarding your room deposit this is indeed a common practice extended to all our patrons, whom are requested to outlay 1000baht accumulative of your number of nights stay, simply as a protection act.
I will also be sure to address the conditions of the smoking floor which incidentally became too uncomforting to cross the hallways, along with the condtion of the bathroom.

In conclusion taking all the negatives into account, we certainly hope to have an opportunity to better serve you, and redeem your faith in our Novotel upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Please dont hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance H7172-FB@accor.com.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was suppose to stay at this hotel for 2 nights but left after 1 night to move to a different hotel because it was so horrible. The room was dirty, the air conditioning wasn't working, and our non smoking room stunk of smoke. The worst part of our experience was how rude the staff were. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel and I would never stay at this hotel again

NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear nuee80,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok!

Firstly on behalf of the entire management team I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the negative experience to which you endured at our property. This is certainly not the level of service expected of ourselves and in particular a Novotel branded establishment.

I would greatly appreciate if you may find the time to drop me an email at H7172-FB@accor.com. This may then permit us to investigate further into the shortfalls that detremented your experience, and allow us to apply preventative measures to ensure any future re-occurences of the same nature,

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to better serve you once again upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Location is very good on silom road next to express way. Lebua tower is a stones through away. Rooms are clean, bed is very comfy bathroom is clean, our room may have required a little touch up with paint in places but no big problem. Breakfast was good with a good selection. Staff are friendly. Definite value for money hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dundeebat
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Dundeebat,

Our team received great pleasure in acknowledging your positive feedback toward to your stay with us and we are indeed pleased to learn it represented good value for money.

Our location leans toward one of the main factors for guest's selecting our hotel, being strategically located in the heart of the Silom district, with plenty of shopping & sightseeing attractions within close proximity and of course the Lebua tower directly opposite where the famous Hangover II movie was filmed.

Furthermore were happy to see you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and will indeed relay your comments to our Engineering department regarding the room condition where immediate action will be ensued.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles

Yours Sicnerely

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had sent many email to hotel but not receive any reply answer
Please check again and reply me as soon as you can
I sent you 2 email but bo receive any reply email?
Please answer me some question before I book a room
1/Do the hotel have free wifi in all type of room? If not how much per day for wifi in room?
2/What is defference of bathroom in standard and superior room?Do the bathroom of standard room have glass wall in shower bath,in toilet ?
3/Do the hotel have free tuk tuk take the guest to BTS?And what is time of the last tuk tuk?
Pls reply me soon thank you
Can give me an another email so If I need I can receive the answer quickly

• Stayed May 2013
Dear QuocNgo,

We do apologize that one of our reservation representatives has overlooked your enquiry regarding our hotel facilities & services. Below you may find further details corresponding to your demands:

1) WIFI is indeed included as part of the room purchase benefit
2) You will indeed find glass wall divides in both room types specified, to which both are only differentiated by additional area space and the inclusion of one sofa.
3)Our Tuk-Tuk services last departure is at 6pm evening

I hope I have being successful in clarifying all your queries and should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us on H7172-RE1@accor.com.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The title says it all. The staff was absolutely superb. The room, though small, was comfortable and very well appointed. The hotel is ideally situated on Silom Road with oodles of restaurants, markets, and sightseeing nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank DKTomb
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear DKtomb,

We have taken great satisfaction in acknowledging your feedback regarding your stay with us. What we find most encouraging is that our staff service was much appreciated, we understand its those minor details that convert a good experience to a memorable one.

Its also pleasing to see you managed to explore & revel in all the surrounding restaurants & markets which remain within comfortable walking distance of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to the land of smiles.

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

- Service of Bellboys is not good that much. We asked him to help to get a taxi as the raining outside, but he cannot help , just easily denied.
- Less choices in Breakfast, no local Thai Food.
- Bathroom and toilet is always wet because of the drainage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Lionlet,

We deeply regret hearing we failed to live up to your expectations anticipated of the Novotel brand. It is certainly not the level of service & quality we pride ourselves on.

Rest assured your comments have being raised amongst our executive committee and further investigation into the shortfalls will be rendered.

Thank you once again for your consructive feedback and we look forward to be presented with the opportunity to better serve you upon your next visit to the land of smiles!