Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
$249
$126
$116
3,274 results
All reviewsconcierge mraccor hotelsnice hotelspecial thankspatpong night marketsmall poolsky barshuttle servicenice roompleasant staysuperior roombuffet breakfastbts stationhotel staffthe rivertuk tukroon
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at the Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, and I am glad for the Novotel "standards" like comfortable bed, entertainment console (TV, CD/radio player, charging docks with audio/video, audio/pc, HDMI, power USB) & bathrobes + bedroom slippers...

Whilst the room is small with just walking space around the combined double twin beds, you would still also find the same design of the Fenix such as the entrance & furniture layout.

Even though the unit I was in had unsightly mould on the silicon edging in the shower area, it was otherwise a clean room without any odours. Also, they didn't provide a pillow menu here, so if you need a firm pillow, you might need to improvise with extra batg towels rolled to support your neck.

However, I am thankful for their soft, fluffy bedroom slippers and the coffee machine (which I don't remember seeing though I might be in an executive level room, being on the topmost 20th floor).

There's free wifi connection in the room for 24hrs and it's got a free Internet stand at the Lobby which lets you surf for 30min. What is an added feature is the printer set up next to the Apple computers... Also, there's a travel agency right at the front lobby of the hotel -- very convenient!

As for transportation, there's a shuttle to the BTS or you could walk 30 min to it. And it's about 600m from the Pier for river rides.

Overall, it's ok but too far from the Sukhumvit buzz which I like better :)

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel purely on price (2600 baht executive room), and were very happy with our choice. My preferred hotel is Dusit, but price-wise no comparison.
\
The first thing you will notice when arriving at Reception is the "sewage" smell. Novotel cannot claim this as "exclusive" as I have experienced it in other hotels along Silom Road (is there a main sewage drain below the road?). By the way, arriving at the hotel is very convenient as it has a "run off" from the road allowing your taxi to park out of the traffic).

From the arrival at Reception, until our departure four nights later we found little to criticise , the staff were excellent. On arrival the 'fridge in our room was not working - it was replaced in 15 minutes. Housekeeping kept our rooms fresh and clean at a time convenient to us.

I had noticed comments in some reviews that the rooms are small, and they are (but this can be blamed on the original construction which was not by Novotel). The fit out and equipment in the room,including the bathroom, I consider excellent (especially the "media" unit allowing Ipod connection and playback of films,etc through the TV).

Breakfast was OK, the staff very good,but it was noticeable that of the hot asian dishes provided during our stay none included any meat (chicken,pork,etc). At the "egg station" one cook in particular produced omelettes similar to "foo yung", delicious.

We stayed in an "executive" room which gave us access to the lounge with canapes and drinks from 5 to 7 pm. The problem was that some guests avail themselves of this benefit as an alternative to buying dinner. Another hotel chain stopped providing hot canapes and it solved that problem. (up to the management). There were sometimes no available seats as 30 seats for more than that number of executive rooms/suites is not sufficient. The staff in the lounge provided excellent service and the wine was acceptable.

Other than the shuttle service to the BTS, it is worth noting that the hotel is located next to the slip road from the Express Way allowing easy travel to/from Suvarnabhumi Airport. Also convenient some 600 metres away is the Oriental Pier (N1) and cross-river ferries.

We look forward to our next visit to Bangkok and will be staying at the Novotel Fenix Silom.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vetus
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is about 1/2hr walk to the closes skyrail, at sala dang, although the hotel provides shuttle bus to the BTS sky rail sala dang every hour.... there is no free wifi, you have to pay or register to use wifi.. as for computers for guests, there are only two down near the lobby, free for 30 mins everytime you login... i found it very inconvient that they dont have free wifi in the hotel...

upon arrival there was a guest complaining and staff just stood there and watched, and spoke in there own language, did not even try to take the problem aside and deal with it.... so unprofessional.....we stood at the counter for for few minutes waiting to be served, staff didnt really take any notice of us, untill you we had to try and get attention to check in.

i didnt really enjoy my stay, my room smelled of ciggerate upon arrival, asked the maids to spray the room, still did not make a different, the whole 2nights stay the smell was still strong... didnt bother complaining...because i was only there for 2 nights, staff were not so friendly, i asked if we could pay for a late check out as our flights was not till mid night, the staff at the reception desk just told us, that we were to check out at 12 miday and thats that....

i would not recommend this hotel to friends, i personally would not return...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank raini79
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My stay in the hotel is was fantastic because I had eazy access to everything and the room was perfect! I would definitely come back next time I visit Bangkok. and you can take the and you can take this this easy transportation to go shopping in MBK shopping mall or anywhere else for that matter I truly recommend it for business travelers and couples coming to have a good time in Bangkok whether you are young or old and I have to say the restaurant food was excellent as well

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at Novotel Ploenchit earlier in our holiday to Thailand. Although the Silom hotel was not bad the quality of service was not as good as the Ploenchit hotel. When we arrived at Ploenchit the concierge took our luggage into the hotel and then the room, this didn't happen at the Silom hotel. The staff at at Ploenchit were welcoming and warm, at Silom we felt they were a bit cold and not as professional. The room at Ploenchit was bigger but also cost more per night, but the room at Silom was fine. The drainage in the shower was not that good in Silom but adequate for a two night stay. I would recommend the Silom hotel if you want to be based centrally near the old town of Bangkok and are not staying long, I would recommned Ploenchit if you are staying longer, the BTS Skytrain is right in front of Ploenchit so it is easy to get around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family