“Comments”

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freddie A
There are newer reviews for Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Novotel Silom for 3 nights. The hotel is a 10 minutes walk from the BTS station and also 10 minutes walk from the pier. The area is also very nice and quite upmarket. It is quiet, peaceful, not too touristy, clean and modern with some European-style buildings. The hotel lobby always has a weird smell and I think they may have a drainage problem. Service-wise was fantastic. Check-in and check-out was quick and the concierge are always very smiling and happy to help. The room is small and the bathroom indeed has a design flaw that will make water leak everywhere. No free wifi at all too which was quite disappointing. I think this is overall a nice hotel which we got for a very good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so that you can enjoy the view at night
1  Thank NeemandMonkey
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have booked a large room through www.accorhotels.com site at a very competitive rate including breakfast. Both the room and the breakfast were nice, the service is good. Location is OK. Pls note that BTS station Surasak is way closer to the hotel than Sala Daeng, up to which you can take a hotel shuttle bus. You can walk to and from Surasak at about max.10 minutes. Would certainly return if or when I'm back at Bangkok

Room Tip: Take large room if room rate is acceptable for you, it's very nice, standard is smaller, but goo...
2  Thank Elena L
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable with a nice breakfast included which catered for all cuisines. The location was good about 10/15 min walk to the sky train and some nice restaurants near by. The only downside to this hotel was there is no free wifii at all (which is unusual for accor hotels).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Angela J
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Novotel Fenix Silom was a nice and comfortable hotel to stayed at. It was close to a number of places like the world famous sky bar and across the road we enjoyed the terrific bodyworks massages which i highly recommend. The room rate was quite reasonable. The hotel is clean and looks quite new. The rail train was also within walking distance. The only disappointment i had was that i was surprise there was no free wireless internet which was available in most hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank caritas26
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I think one would agree that when you  say Bangkok, people would often talk about the great hospitality of Thai people. As it was our first trip to Bangkok with our 1 year old, we wanted to stay at a good hotel, and chose Novotel, unfortunately they disappointed us with their awful hospitality. At check-in the girl at the front desk was nice enough to accommodate to our request, but it did take a lot of time, as soon as we were given the key, we headed up to our room and to our surprise the key did not work, which happened continuously during our stay. The room was nice, (later found out that we were given an upgrade to a superior room) very small and with very basic amenities like soap, shampoo and bath. after a very long flight, we were too tired to head out to eat, so ordered room service, It was very delicious, but sadly, by the time we got halfway, we were surprised by a small dead worm in our papaya salad! Being very hungry, did call room service and told the person who picked up the phone, what had happened, and he personally came and checked to see if it was true, and all he could say was Sorry. Second night, we thought we'd try something different, so headed Down to the square cafe' for their buffet. Was welcomed at the door by a gentleman, who didn't seem very happy that we had come. We walked our way through the restaurant and found a spot away from most guests as we didn't want our 1 year old to disturb the rest. Sat down and minute later, the gentleman came over and told us that we need to move as it was reserved, having gone to the restaurant in the morning for breakfast, I knew that they put a sign on the tables if they were reserved, but didn't make a big deal and moved to another corner and sat. He then came with the drinks menu, and I asked him if he could bring a high chair for me, and got a reply with a very rude wait wait. We ordered fresh juices, pineapple and apple who he confirmed were fresh, but the apple juice wasn't. I humbly asked The gentleman if he could help microwave my daughters food that I had brought and he said, you go yourself, there is a chef, so I went, and the chef had no clue what I was saying, fortunately there was a lady who helped and the gentleman was standing right behind, but chose to ignore. Food was nice, we were having dessert when my daughter started to vomit, many of the guest were looking at our table except the staff who didn't even bother offering to help. I ran towards the lift, wanting to head to my room quickly, but she started to vomit and again, so I asked the gentleman who was with another chef, where the toilets were and he completely ignored me, didn't even bother to lift his head up. The same lady who helped me with the chef walked over and showed me where the toilet was. That gentleman changed my view of novotel bangkok fenix siloms service from ok to HORRIBLE. I could go on and on about my poor experiences, mostly relating to f&b service as it just didn't stop there. So I recommend, if your going to stay at Novotel, be sure to check the food you get, get a room on the executive floor, cause believe me, thats where you get the service and the amenities with the free Internet, which you have to pay for otherwise. Would only stay in an suite room if I was to ever stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank obmarrko
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry for the incident concerning the room service and to also learn of your frustrations in the restaurant. It seems our team have a slightly different recount of the restaurant incident but nonetheless we offer our apologies for the poor feeling and memory you have of our food and beverage services at Novotel Bangkok Silom.

We thank you for choosing our hotel and sincerely hope we have an opportunity to serve you better in the future and in the manner of which we are typically so proud of.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend stop over to Phuket. Got a good deal on the Accor website which included amazing breakfast and a coffee machine the room. But if your a coffee lover you may meed to bring your own espresso coffee from home. (I'm finding it hard to get a good coffee anyway in Thailand.) Service was great and the shuttle drop off to the bts station means we used the trains to get around and avoided the hassle of haggling with taxi drivers.