3,781 results
All reviews concierge mr stone bar nice hotel special thanks patpong night market indian food sky bar swimming pool pleasant stay superior room nice room hotel staff bts station buffet breakfast the river grand palace tuk tuk
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Spent few nites.Great location ,very clean ,new ,modern accomodations,very friendly staffs. free internet at the lobby.
Close to major attractions. 30/40 min from airport by taxi ($10).
Will be back.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments.

What a great opportunity for you both, running out of money and upgraded to the Premier Lounge.

Things like that happen in Novotel and I am so pleased you had a little extra benefit in your stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

You can never really go wrong if you go for Novotel, especially if you are travelling for business purposes. This Novotel is no exception: it offers an excellent service (not to forget the high Thai standards help a big deal) and the location is ideal if you need to conduct business in the central area of Bangkok.

The room was spacious enough and well equipped; the design is nothing to rave about, but it is a boutique hotel. The bed was comfy, the bathroom functional and everything looked neat and clean.

The only complaint I have about the bedroom is the unpleasant smell I found when I checked in... But it disappeared after the first night (or perhaps my nose got used to it?).

The breakfast was copious and offered a variety of dishes to choose from; do take the time to try their waffles, they are delicious!

Date of stay: August 2011
8  Thank str8fwd
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in the hotel.

We are pleased that you found the location convenient for conducting business in Bangkok and that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you gain in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were here for one night on a business trip. We arrived 1a.m. and checked out around 10am the following day.

As you would expect from Novotel, it's modern, clean and good service. The location, however is not in the middle of the city center but taxi isn't hard to find.

The bathroom has full time hot Water which was irritating since I had no time to call someone to fix things.

You can't beat the value though, $65.00 includes breakfast for two for a fairly new Novotel booked on Expedia.

I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I would look around for other hotels nearer to the city center.

Date of stay: September 2011
4  Thank AngelDad

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on the hotel regarding your recent stay with us.

Novotel is a very popular brand for mid scale business guests, and this being a new "next generation" hotel.

The hotel is only one year old and is following in that tradition of demand from business and leisure guests to the Silom area.

I was a bit concerned about the comment with the hot water, but at any time during your stay please just let us know if any concerns as we have staff available 24 hours to look after you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I said that there was no privacy in the bathroom in my last review of this hotel. That was incorrect......there is a button on the wall which operates an electric screen which rolls down to give complete privacy.
The room I am staying in today is number 1717 and smells like a sewer drain, but otherwise it's very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2011
3  Thank rossco747
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

That was good of you to report back what you thought was an oversight in the bathroom privacy.

I checked out the comment about the drain, but couldn't detect any particular odour or problem, but I have taken note and will monitor in case of any other comments.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, and I hope we see you agin in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a girlfriend on 'girls shopping trip'. We booked through the hotel not long after it had opened and got a fantastic special. We had a ball.
Checkin/checkout was very smooth and the staff always very friendly. Enough tuk tuks and taxi's out the front though we did have to wait about 20min for a taxi on our departure because it was very wet and there werent any free taxi's about. Thought the hotel was in a great location, within walking distance to the skytrain (I'm not fit and was it only about a 10min walk!....so anyone that complains that it is a long way should get fitter!). Also within walking distance to the boat taxi's, fun experience.
Our room was lovely and clean. Bathrooms are a little different but once we worked out the electric blind all was good! Most of the time we had hot water, though there were occasions that it was at best tepid. Aircon worked well, was very quiet and we slept well. The rooms are very small, but we found them adequate. Breakfast was abit boring, not a great deal of variety but plenty of it.
I love street food and have not been to bangkok for many years so I was able to introduce my friend (who has not done a lot of travelling) to the different food on the street. We did a breakfast one morning and had a great time trying different dishes. Some really yummy but others YUK!
Next year is my 20th wedding anniversary and I want to bring my husband back to Bangkok, I have no doubt we will stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank swampee
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments and the photos.

Silom is a great location, especially for access to the river and the many trips available, as well as of course night shopping and entertainment.

Glad you worked out how to operate the blinds in the bathroom, part of our "next generation" rooms!

Look forward to seeing you again when you return to Bangkok.