“The most wonderful place in Bangkok”
Review of Ariyasomvilla

Ariyasomvilla
Ranked #3 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After ten years of visiting various hotels in Bangkok, I have by far found my favorite. The Ariyasomvilla is filled with old-world charm which is quickly vanishing from our ever modernized world. From the moment you step on the grounds you know you have landed in an oasis, surrounded by lush vegetation. Step inside and the past greets you with intricate carved doors, rich Thai silk curtains and upholstery, minority weavings, rich wooden floors, traditional Thai furniture, etc. Beautiful!!

The staff treated us with great kindness, respect and were always helpful. The sky train is only a short walk away and they showed me with maps how to get everywhere I wanted to go. If you prefer taxi, they will arrange a safe taxi. I noticed the staff constantly watching over their guests. Owner David is quite delightful and can help out with any special needs - he showed me clearly how to get to find out of the way places such as the Jim Thompson outlet by BTS.

Bumrungrad hospital is a three minute walk down the street. Hands down, this is greatest place to stay if having care there. We had their comprehensive medical. It got close to 10am... I quickly excused myself, zipped over to the Ariyasomvilla for their amazing breakfast and was back in no time to finish up at Bumrungrad.

Before coming here I was a bit nervous about mosquitos after reading some reviews. I actually hardly noticed them, even thought it was rainy season. The mosquitos here seemed no worse here than anywhere else in Bangkok. Furthermore there is plenty of natural based mosquito repellant available for guests to use.

Pool is peaceful and delightful.

My room was incredibly quiet. I am a light sleeper and anything will wake me. As this is a hotel with management which aims to please, if I had a room which was noisy, I would have asked to switch. I did have neighbors next door which I never heard...walls seem thick.

Restaurant is scrumptious. The cook serves dishes with perfect presentation. Evening atmosphere very romantic. I suggest getting a room with breakfast included. Lots to choose from. Coffee, teas and hot coco all delicious too. (No packets used here!)

If you prefer Thai street food, just meander down the street a few minutes and sample away!

If you are looking for glitz and bars, this probably isn't your place. But if you are hunting for that old-world charm which is very hard to find, the Ariyasomvilla just can't be beat. It may cost more than other places in Bangkok, but I'm willing to bet you'll look back with fondness on your days here for a long time!

(Hotel is great for singles, couples or families.)

Room Tip: The deluxe room has a lovely sitting area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelingandkids
There are newer reviews for Ariyasomvilla

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this beautiful oasis for 3 nights. We had booked online, the package that included a deluxe room, a meal and a massage each.
On arrival we were greeted warmly with refreshing hot towels and welcome drinks before being shown to our room. To our surprise we were upgraded to an executive suite - bonus!
David the owner was an attentive host and actively made everyone feel welcome.
There was such a large selection on offer for breakfast, my husband didn’t even notice the lack of meat!
Ariyasomvilla is situated just 10 minute walk to BTS Skytrain Pholen Chit station, which gives you access to the city.
My husband was ill in bed for the last day of our stay and all staff were genuinely concerned and make sure we had everything we needed. It certainly didn’t take anything from the beautiful memories we are taking home with us.
Thank you to everyone at Ariyasomvilla.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter C
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This accommodation was a hidden gem. We were overwhelmed by the suite that we stayed in and the staff were excellent. Although we are not vegetarians, the breakfast was very good. We arrived late in the evening and David who runs the hotel ensured that we had a meal before we retired for the night and could not have been more helpful throughout our stay. It is within walking distance of the sky train which is the best way to travel round the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank john p
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here based on reading all the great reviews on tripadvisor. It was amazing. Located right in Sukahmvit; a 7 minute walk from the BTS Skytrain station; it was in the heart of everything. It took less than 15 minutes to get to shopping on Sukhmavit or Siam; to the bars/hotels in Silom; or to Luhmpini Park. But despite being right in the thick of things; it was like being in an oasis. The rooms were nice and relaxing. The staff was friendly and helpful. It felt charming and cozy - so much better than staying at a big corporate hotel. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank 426brianj
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

After 6 weeks of travelling around the world this hotel was heaven. We arrived early after a 7am flight (4am wake up). We decided to train from the airport to the hotel, bad idea. After walking from the wrong stop (Sukhumvit instead of pholen chit, 40min walk with 40kgs of bags and a humidity of 100%) we were greeted with ice cold drinks and cold towels. Simply the best arrival ever, and to top it off they allowed us to check in early!

The rooms and facilities here are gorgeous could not speak more highly of them. The staff are super lovely and so kind, I will never forget my stay here. Hopefully I'll be back in Bangkok in February, in which case I will most definitely be staying here again:)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Powellli
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is the first time I have written a review for a hotel that i have not stayed in. However, I really wanted to as I've been spending a fair bit of time there. The owners are kind enough to let my meditation group practice there. Sukhamvit 2 is a very busy area with lots of shops, restaurants, bars, traffic, etc - but you wouldn't know it if you were staying here. It is a very calm, quiet, relaxing hotel/spa where you can escape from the commotion. But at the same time you are only a ten minute walk to the skytrain. All the staff have been very nice as well. Others have told me the food is excellent and very vegetarian friendly. If I had the option I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank nomad633
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent three nights here and it was wonderful. The room was perfect size great sir conditioning since we had just arrived to the hot and humid city.breakfast was great I'm a meat eater but you would never miss it here. Try the coconut orange juice delicious. Is at the end of a busy street near a hospital but when you pull up its lush and green and peaceful. Walking distance to a Main Street for dining and browsing. I would not hesitate to stay here again.the staff was wonderful and helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple