“loved the location , pirce and facilites - gold star”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Cha-Da Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #536 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
belfast
“loved the location , pirce and facilites - gold star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

We stayed here as a family in adjoining rooms. It is fantastic value as there are many discount sites offering deals on this hotel. it seems far out of the city, but it is really close to the metro and is on a lively strip for the evenings if you do not want to venture into town. the pool is great, the rooms are spacious with all you need and the staff are very helpful. also, if you are there on the weekend their restaurant buffet for tea is a MUST. it is an all you can eat for thb140 p/p and is delicious.

definitely recomment this hotel if you don't mind your location. great for families and couples alike. big and airy.

• Liked — spacious, clean rooms and great buffet breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

• Polish first
  • Thai first
swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

I can only assume that the bad reviews here are comparing with hotels in the US, more expensive hotels in Bangkok or hotels in cheap tourist spots like Pattaya - I cant believe that anyone found this hotel bad value or uncomfortable. When I have stayed there it has been about £12 a night for both us with breakfast and a pool. (mind you US and UK agencies charge more - I book through someone like asiarooms.com) -- it has gone up in price this year - but then most places have

I have stayed here four times with my Thai partner (who I have to say is made to feel quite unwelcome at some of the "better hotels" who prefer to have only western and japanese guests) The mix at the SB is very cosmopolitan, lots of japanese, chinese, western and Thai guests.

Let me comment on some the bad reviews:-

"view over waste ground" - well this could apply to a thousand hotels - better to have some open ground at the back than looking into the skyskraper opposite - this is a city for goodness sake!

"poor english" - well to my shame I speak almost no Thai but have never had to rely on my partner to translate -- if you want english spoken everywhere then there is a good choice of hotels in USA and UK to meet your needs! Trying to get around language barriers is part of the joy of overseas travel. That said I have always been able to make myself understood.

One thing I have noticed everywhere in Thailand is that they dont like to say "no" - so often if you ask for something they cannot do they will pretend not to understand (though never happened to me at the SB)

Awful breakfasts - all I can say is that on our last trip the SB was full on the last night so we stayed up the road at a hotel which cost exactly 4 times the price - their breakfast was equally bad - worse in fact because they didn't have any Thai options which are almost always than british or american breakfasts in thailand. SB's breakfast is vast and if you cant find something you like then you must be a very fussy eater!

Lastly - if you want the standard that you will find in a 3 star hotel in US, or a 4 star hotel in UK, then you should be looking at 5 star hotels in bangkok and paying the sort of prices you are used to. If you want good value, added extras like a roof pool, pleasant rooms for a knock down price then somewhere like the Siam Beverly is for you.

• Liked — Location near metro, comfort, privacy and Price
  • Disliked — cost of wireless internet way too high - breakfast finishes early at 9.30 (which really means 9 if you want a good choice)
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gbswales
lincolnshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the last 3 days of our Thailand holiday, it was quite disappointing. The reception staff did not speak very good english and were not very helpful at all.

ROOM - The room was quite run down and smelled of cigarettes, even though it was a no smoking room. The tv did not get a very good picture and the decor was very outdated, making the place look very scruffy. The room did have a fridge and air conditioning, but the air con was not too good. The bathroom was very small, but the shower did work quite well.

LOCATION - This hotel is not really central, but this wasnt a problem as the underground is 2 min walk away. The underground is immaculate, we were very impressed with the prices too. It only took about 15 min to be right in the centre of bangkok and it was so easy to find our way about. Outside the hotel there are lots of bars, clubs and shops across the busy road.

POOL - One good thing about this hotel is it has a pool on the roof. Its only small, but there are a few sunloungers and it never got busy whilst we were there. So nice to relax in after a day travelling around Bangkok.

BREAKFAST - Breakfast consisted of sauages, bacon, eggs, omlettes, pancakes, salad??, fried rice, noodles, strnage thai porridge with fish in???, fruit, yoghurts etc etc. There was lots to choose from, i just had the feeling that it wasnt really very hygienic. I briefly saw the kitchen and it really put me off!! But then most of the thai eateries were the same!! None of us were ill with the food though.

Overall, i don't think i would stay at this hotel again, as it was abit shabby and run down. The location next to the subway/underground was good though, so easy to get around Bangkok. It was also very cheap, so if you want a cheap room and won't be spending too mcuh time in your room, its ok.

• Liked — location next to underground
  • Disliked — cleanliness/decor
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank molly75
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

We stopped here for two days whilst in Bangkok, we were appalled, the room was well dated, as was the bedding, the hotel staff were not polite and the breakfast was really poor and the restaurant was greasy and dirty, our view from our room looked out over waste ground, Trust me don't stay at this hovel.
Gordon UK

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank GordyHull
Worcs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2007

There are so many hotels to choose from in Bangkok it can be quite daunting and how close do you stay to the sights ? . I chose the Siam on the strength of the previous trip advisor review, I am so glad I did. 5 or 4 star it isnt . However it is an exceptionally good 3 star.
All the staff were exceptionally welcoming and informative, rooms were spacious ,clean and well equipped with king size bed, and the usual extras. Breakfast was included in the room rate ,served from 6am to 10am and was of a good quality and plentiful.
The reception area has a small snack / coffee area open until midnight and very reasonably priced. There are 5 or 6 very good eateries within a 5 minute walk all open at least unil midnight.
A 2 minute walk left or right from the main entrance brings you to the extremely cheap and efficient underground it cost approx 70pence to travel into the Silom area , the total journey taking just 11 mins.
If you have time take a plunge in the rooftop swimming pool ... Heaven !!! Would not hesitate to rebook the Siam

• Liked — V alue
  • Disliked — View from room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorcsHornet
Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2007

I was in Bangkok on business in November and simply walked in off the street and booked a room. The rates were reasonable for a hotel of it's calibre and I was impressed with the initial friendly welcome and professional front desk staff.

My room was very clean and I found the amenities more than ample. In addition, I had a great view of the hustle bustle of the city below through my huge floor to ceiling windows. In fact, I was so tired and the room was so pleasant that I sent most of my 2 days watching TV and relaxing in my room!

I would definitely recommend the Beverley. It's not in an absolutely central location but is well served by local subway but avoid the motorbike taxis if you are of a nervous disposition! I'm not and it was slightly 'hair raising' for me..

The pic is of the view - it doesn't look so good on the shot but believe me the cool comfort of the room was a welcome contrast to the heat and humidity outside!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank leonekorea
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

This hotel isnt the nearest to all the action but it does have excellent travel links, with the fantasticly cool Subway 3 mins down the road which can reach most of the main attractions.

The rooms were clean & large although the decoration will need doing in about a years time. The Aircon was pretty effective as well. There is a large TV with a selection of Engish channels to watch.

The bathroom had a bath/shower, sink & toilet. The bathroom was my only complaint as the shower was very difficult to angle without soaking everything else in the bathroom! The room does not include a hairdryer but i was told you can borrow one from housekeeping if needed.

There is a swimming pool on the top floor which was nice & clean, they also provide towels for swimming.

The breakfast buffet was really nice & the 2 days we had it there was a different variety each day.

Staff were lovely in this hotel & were very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Liked — The easy access to the Subway
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple