“Not a REVIEW ...a Comment.....Ignore Rateing”

Gallery Cafe Thai Restaurant
Ranked #646 of 11,376 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Silom
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have yet to eat here but I find it impossible that the Reviewer who states this Cafe was
BEHUIND the Sheraton Orchid hotel.....
As that would be IN THE RIVER!! lol

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I really liked this small and stylish cafe. And food was just amazing. Definately ticked all the boxes for me.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The evening was rather late, so my colleague and I were the only customers left, despite the fact that it was Friday night. Or perhaps the evenings are not that busy in general, as this is a rather quiet street? Irrespective, we enjoyed an excellent meal with good food and relatively reasonably priced wine, sitting outside on the terrace.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We ate dinner, late, at a place calling itself the Gallery Cafe, at the right address, on the right street (Charoen Krung 30), just behind the Sheraton Orchid -- largely based on the recommendations here.

As nearly as I can tell, we ate at a "fake" Gallery across the road from the place photographed by the Google truck. I would not call it cute, since we ate in the outdoor alley facing the motorbike and taxi traffic. I would not call the food good; my wife had a beef Massaman curry that was nearly inedible. (Though I will say that we found most beef in SE Asia to be of poor quality.) Service was slow as well. The place was not deserted -- other diners.

Just for the record, or whatever, I have created a file from two Google truck photos from 2011, the one on the left is clearly the Gallery Cafe on the South side of the street, and the one on the right is the location at which we ate, identified as the Gallery, but on the North side. (Photo aspect ratio distorted by editing.)

3  Thank NotAccidental
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to TripAdvisor, we discovered this small bistro/cafe near the hotel. It doesn't look much and the street isn't inspiring but it's worth seeking it out if you'd like a change from the hotel. Good food, helpful staff and popular with the locals. Would go again.