Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very cheap and has everything you need. Restaurant a little pricey and doesn't really have many veggie options, however it is really nice!

Free tea and coffee a nice touch.

It's clean enough - the dorm room seems rather dusty though.

Travel advice from reception really great. Not pushy with tours. Very friendly service.

Getting here from the Skytrain is very easy - just follow the instructions on the website, straight up the road.

Room tip: In the fan dorm, don't go for an upper bunk (usually odd numbers). The fans don't rotate high enough so you get almost no breeze and all heat!
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I thought the prices were excellent for what you get. This felt more like a hotel than a guest house/hostel, though I did stay in a "Backpacker" double room which had a fan (no air con) and shower/toilet with hot water. This cost us $20 (so $10 each per night). The location is great for catching a sky train or a boat which takes you to the old town, temples etc. Also only a walking distance to the China Town. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. They offer a brilliantf ree advice service for tourists and we got loads of advice on where to go, what to do, how to avoid toursit traps and were given maps and brouchures. We also were able to buy tickets to the Bang Kok Ladyboy show much cheaper than what they cost on the door.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here on our last night of travelling before flying home, it was friendly, comfortable and the room was cool with a good bathroom for a very good price (around £3) so it really is a good place to stay! Very near the river and also the sky bars which we went to on our last night. They have a restaurant with nice food and also dorms if you want to make your stay even cheaper!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Julia S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed a couple of times in the NRGH in Bangkok and I had a great time there. Probably one of the cheapest places in BKK and I have to say, for that price you should be lucky. Clean Rooms, good wifi, friendly staff, a great Travel Service Centre and a decent Restaurant. Basically I dont have any negative things to say about this place, although the restaurant is a bit pricy... but on the otherhand, the food is really good. No, in general: great place for backpackers! If I would go back to Bangkok, I know for sure that I will stay there again.

Room tip: I stayed both in the AC and Fan room. AC rooms are a bit more expensive, but i have to say, both rooms were fine. So if you are on a budget, pick the fandorms.
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Bartdgbelgium
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Whoever said they spent more getting here than on the room was obviously ripped off by the taxi. It's 3 minutes walk from Silom, near China Town, can't fault location. It is what it is. If you want shared dorms, or cheap budget rooms. I will continue to stay here when I visit Bkk. My backpacking days are gone, but this caters for both backpackers aswell as those wanting a good quality room in a good location. It makes sense to spend your money seeing Bangkok, rather than wasting your money sleeping on it!!! I also had a incident where mywallet was pickpocketed from me... THe hotel loaned me 5000bht which enabled me to see my friend in Krabi, and return a few days later....You can't expect that anywhere else.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank iangeegan
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Traveller,
thank you for the positive feedback, which has been shared with our great staff.
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to host you anytime you may hit Bangkok again.
On behalf of Visit Beyond and staff at New Road Guest House,