“Sensational, beautiful, stunning”

Ranked #39 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Mornington Peninsula
“Sensational, beautiful, stunning”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This was my first stay here at the Vie Hotel and it was absolutely amazing, we had 3 rooms booked and where all upgraded to deluxe suites, beautiful decor, traditional thai style with a modern influence. MBK, Siam Paragon plus many more shopping centres located just 200 metres up the street, easy walking distance. Monorail also directly infront made for easy access to Chatuchak market, which is also a must do. Will definitley stay at the Vie Hotel again, infact l cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Dear ocean_addited,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2010

VIE hotel is a beauiful, modern, chic and stylish hotel that I would recommend again and again. Apart from great basic amenities, it has lots of special touches to that make it a lovely and serene place to stay in the middle of Bangkok madness. If I could run a hotel, I would run this one.

Came to Bangkok on a shopping leisure trip to relax. I booked myself a business suite, and could not be happier. Rooms were spacious, well kitted out and very clean. big bathroom, shower, huge towels. Definitely enough space to roam around with lots of pillows and sitting areas. It's a good value place.

The hotel has very friendly service. Some of the front desk staff speak a low level of English, which was a bit difficult, but it was all sorted out with senior management who speak excellent English. The hotel has a really chic spa where they do lovely massages, body scrubs and other delicious treatments in a really beautiful space. Would definitely recommend!

The hotel has a great breakfast spread - but I have never seen anything like it's buffet dinner offering, with unlimited oysters, caviar, gourmet dishes, scrumptuous desserts... it was like a dream! The best ice cream I have ever tasted - and I'm an ice cream pro! ;-) All that for $30 AUD, which is just nothing. And they had an international piano player entertaining the room, which was something really special.

The management of VIE hotel are excellent - they really look after customers and everything runs so smoothly. Lots of beautiful touches that make this a memorable and special place. Definitely where I am staying on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Dear Tori171,

Greeting from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Singapore
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I was travelling with a close friend for a short "girls" getaway and managed to get a good rate online, and so chose this hotel. Both me and my friend have been to BKK numerous times with me only ever staying at one other hotel nearer Siam Square, and her having stayed at several 5-star hotels for business and leisure. We enjoyed our stay here for most of the same reasons as all the other reviews have mentioned -- nice and comfortable rooms, pretty good service, good breakfast selection etc etc. We were given free drink vouchers for the bar and also a 50% discount voucher for the spa. My friend thought the spa was great (on par with some of the swankier hotels) in terms of ambience, massage and service quality.

The only thing I would highlight is the location. Many other reviews have raved about how great the location is. It certainly is good but, in my opinion, not better than the hotels that are actually in Siam Sq or the Pathumwan area, simply because you either have to take the BTS (albeit only one stop and the station is literally at the hotel's doorstep) or walk (about 7 mins on a narrow pavement next to a major road) to the shops in Siam Sq. Explaining the location to taxi drivers was another thing, but was solved by bringing along the hotel's card (printed with a small map and some thai wording). We found it easier to tell the taxi driver that it was opposite Asia Hotel, which seems to be the landmark in this area.

Overall, the hotel met my expectations and me and my friend were very satisfied with our experience there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rpjy66
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Dear miu66,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed at the VIE for 3 days and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! Our room was to die for,service was fantastic,suite was the biggest I've ever stayed in,I was with a friend (mums getaway!!") and I loved every minute of our stay,I thoroughly recommend this hotel to you all,I had the pleasure of having a drink with the general manager and his beautiful wife Lily and they are a HUGE reason for me to visit again,staff were lovely,pool was a great way to relax (no kids were "bombing"in the pool) lol,Im beyond sure that you will enjoy your stay,make sure to take flat shoes with you because it's a short walk to MBK shopping centre and Im sure you'll want to shop many,many times!! Sonjja

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aussiemum2230
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Dear Aussiemum2230,

Ireland
Reviewed September 27, 2010

have stayed in over 40 hotels in Bangkok over the past 15 years - I rate this in my top 3 and will be going back!

I stayed here for 4 nights and wished it was longer. As my taxi came from Pratunam down Ratchathewi road I saw the Hotel. The first surprise was how can such a quiet oasis can exist so close to such busy areas in Bangkok - But its true. The second was how unique and stylish yet functional and cohesive the lobby and rooms looked!

Location
The Hotel is set back from the road and even though only minutes from a BTS station, and a stones throw from some of Bangkok's busiest shopping spots - it is a quiet relaxed oasis where you can step back from bangkok.

There are several bars and restaurants within walking distance - just come out of the door and turn right - a hundred yards up the street is a restaurant/night market dining area.

Door staff organise taxis anytime you want - and there is the BTS a hundred yards from the hotel

The Rooms,
I stayed in a one bedroom suite - In One word - Perfect. Good business facilities, large sitting room and bedroom. Large bathroom with seperate cubicles for shower and toilet, and also a large tub, good washroom area, good toiletries.

Large Flat Screen TV in both bedroom and living room, good business desk/dining table area, great seating area! Fully set up for business and leisure.

The bed was very very comfortable - as was the linen and pillows - Very good sleep experience

The staff
The staff were wonderful. From organising late in the evening room cleaning after I had been working in the room all day - to organising dinner reservations, a quick check out and anything else that was asked of them.

They were sincere, helpful and very professional!

I would heartily recommend this hotel for any stay - be it business, leisure or romance.

I have stayed in over 40 hotels in Bangkok - I rate this in my top 3 and will be going back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin_One_Man_Show
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Dear Kevin_One_Man_Show,

Xinbei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed in Vie hotel on Sep.18-22, the location is excellent ,BTS station is right near by . We took airport link from the airport to Phaya Thai station then transit to BTS then to the hotel,easy and quick. The room is big ,modern,but we did experience some problem with the air-con twice during our stay,the air-con just turned to be like "heater" at night.The manager Mr. Jarunput was a little bit slow to deal with this problem, otherwise the stay can be a prefect one.I can't make any more complaint with the price for what I paid for, it is worth to stay and Vie hotel is a nice hotel in bangkok city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skydude1970
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Dear skydude1970

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.