“Beautiful hotel with great staff and great location”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #36 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful hotel with great staff and great location”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the VIE Hotel Bangkok for 4 Nights from December 23 - December 27 2013, we were made to feel extremely welcome by the staff from the instance we got out of our airport transfer and this continued throughout our short stay which included Christmas Day. The hotel is beautifully decorated and in a fantastic location, just out of the main hussle of Bangkok but a ten minute walk to Siam Square for all the shopping and night markets. My partner and I could not have been happier with the service and value for money we received at the VIE Hotel Bangkok, breakfast was great, our room was beautiful and we were within walkable distance to main shops.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maddison B
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed three nights at the hotel last week. We have reported at 9 am (though the check-in was supposed to be at 2 pm) and the Manager accommodated in our room without any extra charge. We were in 24th floor. The wifi was slow and hotel management provided LAN connection to my laptop immediately without any charge. My observations are:
- Centrally located (though nearer to protest site, no safety issues)
- Great Breakfast
- Great value for money
- Flexible and Customer friendly
- Welcome drink and complementary welcome massage
- High speed Internet
Lovely staff

Room Tip: Don't worry about protests. Bangkok is very safe. We walked through the protest sites and did so...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Surya_Ambati
Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of VIE Hotel Bangkok. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that one of our guest’s stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a few days last week. I was concerned that it was right near the protest site. I email the hotel and within an hour they reassured me and gave me instructions for the taxi driver. It's a short walk to all of the shopping malls. And yes, it is right near the protest site, but I walked around there for three days in a row and there were no issues whatsoever. In fact, it was all very festive and friendly.

The hotel itself is stylish and modern. The pool is beautiful. I used the spa twice. The massages were some of the best I've had in Thailand. I had a VIE Deluxe suite and it was massive!

The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very extensive. The king-sized bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!

The VIE hotel is going to become my go-to hotel in Bangkok. I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Deluxe suite and it was extremely spacious with a ginormous bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Weaselfactory

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Can anyone comment on the safety of this hotel given the nearby protests and associated violence? My research shows it is on the edge of the "red zone". I am booked for 3 nights next week and am wondering whether to cancel. Please post a comment if you have recently stayed.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AxelmomCDN

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We always appreciate comments regarding a stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok, a member of the MGallery Collection. It was a pleasure to receive positive feedback from you and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that your remarks will serve as encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Noosa, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked this hotel on Booking.com (cheap as chips) with average expecations. However when we arrived we were thoroughly impressed! Amazing rooms, amazing breakfast, amazing gym and great location. Thank you for a lovely experience and we will be back again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stay at VIE a number of occasions and it stays the same, time after time: pleasant, comfortable, nice staff, big rooms, good food. And this time, and to my recollection also at some other times, we were upgraded to a suite. The only thing that was a drawback, and I remember this being a problem also at previous visits, was that they have electric sockets with open lids right on the floor, more or less invisible, for instance in between sofas and desk. This time I hurt myself real bad on one of the open lids. I don't understand why they can't do anything about this, since this must bother more guests then just me. Beyond that, everything was very nice.

Room Tip: Avoid to kick the floor socket outlet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

hong kong
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Room are extremely clean and spacious. Good location, very good price! (We book it less then USD100/nt), upgraded to suite with my Accor Membership. Small pool but great for relaxation.

The only down side was, we realised we left a travel router in hotel when we got back to home town. We emailed the hotel, we never get any respond. we tried to call, they said they will look into it but they never get back to us too.

Beside this little glitch, we have an excellent time in this hotel. when we visit BKK again, we will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The transparent pool is the highlight of the hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family