“Exceptional quality hotel, but just maybe lacks atmosphere.”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #31 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is an excellent hotel and the price I paid was very good for what you get. Rooms etc are wonderfully appointed. Nothing to complain about in quality of the hotel. I suited me as I only wanted a room to recover from jet lag for a couple of nights, but it might not suit everyone. There's not a lot in the area, although the sky train is a stone's throw away and it is a very convenient station indeed. With not a lot of luggage, then the airport link is super convenient and the main area of Bangkok is super convenient too.
The only problem I found is that the restaurant was completely empty. The lobby bar was completely empty and the DJ bar was completely empty. Maybe it was the time of the year. I don't know.
As I say, the hotel is exceptional quality and great value for money if you get it for less than 3,000 baht. It suited my needs perfectly and it might well suit your's. But if you like atmosphere, then maybe you should consider the above.
The other nice thing is that the free internet is completely hassle free. You just connect. Great! I can't give anything less than 5/5 for every box that needs ticked, but if there was one for atmosphere, then I could not give it 5.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from a satisfied guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (3,056)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

First time with this property. Easy to access Siam Square, Paragon and MBK. Only one stop from BTS. Welcome drink at Lounge seemed so favorable with big glass of orange juice. Infinite Pool is very interesting with view of BTS. Good for business not for families except families love shopping. Turn down service with fulfillment of water and sweet.

Tuk Tuk service is available for short distance shopping

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

i chosen this hotel because it is near MTR. However , i found if there is a big group , it does not make sense to take MTR. Cab with meter is more worth it !
Booked using Booking.co with prepayment ( cheaper). the delux twin Room is spacious . Clean and comfortable bed. I asked for hard pillow because their standard pillow is so soft.
The hotel does not has any connecting room . I dont have a chance to use their restuarant . But i tried their pool , sauna and stream room . the facilities are good and new .The hotel location is reasonable . 5-10min to Siam Discovery Center , Siam Prangon etc.. About 15 min walk to Platinum Fashion Mall.
The traffic in bangkok is really bad at Siam Sq. Advised to avoid taking cab.
Bangkok best attraction is the Asiatique. I found the resturants good and the little shops very reasonable. even cheaper than MBK
we had a enjoyable saturaday nite there

Room Tip: chose high room with view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this hotel becoz of the location and hell yeah i was right....the BTS is right opposite...just a few seconds and you are there....but apart from the BTS they do have free tuktuks to the 4 famous malls of bangkok.
The rooms is very very clean and neat....large bathroom, large beds and maintainence is wonderful
Food is excellent, the breakfast buffet has one of the largest varieties I saw in Thailand. The fruits are fresh and so is the honey.....apart from the breakfast we did try the lunch and it was awesome. They give appetizers which are worth a try.
Welcome drink was very refreshing.
The best part I guess is the staff....such wonderful staff is very hard to find. The staff is excellent and go out of their way to make you happy. They observe and try and understand what you want...just an eg. Every morning of my 4 day stay I ordered green peppermint tea....the hotel was completely sold out...yet Nat remembered on the days what I drink and got me that without my having to tell him....he had observed the first day itself! Pop at VIE grill n wine was excellent too....he was very friendly with my child. Ja was an excellent waitress, ensuring our comfort and reading our signs. I guess this kind of customer service comes from inside. The bell boys, the door guards, everyone had such "class" and were making efforts in conversing with all residents and ensuring their comfort. It does please you when someone asks you with a smile where you going and how can i help!
The pool and spa are both excellent....the pool ofcourse has the "drama" to it and my son enjoyed it greatly.
I guess I have to thank them for making my stay so wonderful and a memory to cherish as always!

p.s. their grand deluxe rooms are simply outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear mam,

The pleasure was ours to have accommodate you and your family. Nat, Pop, Ja and all of us, Team VIE strives to continuously improve the quality of our services and are delighted to hear that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'll be honest: Bangkok isn't my favorite city. The business and people tend to be dishonest, the city smells of sewage, and if you've been to any other major city, you've been to Bangkok. Having said that, this hotel is a great little refuge. It's clean, The beds are soft and fantastic (Thailand hotels are not typically known for investing in their mattresses), and the rooms are stylish. More than that, it's just comfortable. The staff speak excellent English, and go out of their way to make sure you have everything - water, directions, etc. The concierge offers in and out of city tours that seem a little pricey, but really are fairly priced compared to exploring on your own. On top of that - and this is important, it is located within easy walking distance of the city's sky train which connnects directly to the airport. The cabs at the airport will rob you blind getting to the hotel, but if you take the sky train, you can get there for less than $5 USD. I have stayed there twice, and when I go back to Bangkok, it's where I'll be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott G

Hi there,

We very much appreciate to be your great little refuge to this busy busy Bangkok city. Thank you for your kind words of us.

We hope that your next visit will be as pleasant as or even more pleasurable than the previous ones.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

VIE Hotel Bangkok has a super location, great service and a cool pool! We chose the hotel for its location steps from a BTS Skylink station and walking distance to four of the best malls in Bangkok. One of the malls is Siam Paragon where, even if you don't shop the name brand stores (we didn't), you should try the awesome food court and/or many restaurants.

The only location negative is that the street in front of the hotel is so busy, and often so traffic-clogged, that walking and taking taxis is a nuisance. Welcome to Bangkok. That location disadvantage is offset by proximity to BTS Skylink.

The VIE hotel staff gets high marks across the board. Everyone was gracious and helpful.

We chose NOT to upgrade to the deluxe room, as the standard rooms are good-sized and ours had a HUGE bed. Room decor emphasizes dark wood, which together with the louvres covering the windows gave our room a less than cheery feel in the morning. I believe the deluxe rooms are brighter as their windows omit the louvres.

I'm not sure if this is true of all rooms or just a malfunction in ours, but the aircon mysteriously
turned off once or twice a day -- every day! We didn't pick up on the problem till near the end of our stay, and turning it back on was no problem, just a small annoyance.

Also, we had a problem with the roomcard wall receptacle that required a visit from an
"engineer," who replaced the receptacle promptly. We could see evidence that this had been an ongoing problem and should have been fixed previously.

We ate the breakfast buffet one morning. Outstanding! If you are a breakfast person, try it at least once. The food options in this part of Bangkok are stellar, so we ate other meals outside of the hotel.

Accessed from the hotel's sixth floor, the hotel's swimming pool is a big plus. Perched six stories above the bustle of Bangkok, it is a tranquil and welcoming hideaway with an especially interesting feature: a glass wall at one end overlooking the street. Our son got a kick out of waving to passing Skylink trains through the glass wall.

No regrets on VIE Hotel Bangkok. Be advised there are myriad hotel options here, so choose the one with the combination of location and features you need. For us, this hotel is worth a return visit.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are brighter and even larger than the already good-sized standard rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It is such an honour to received your wonderful review and your trust in returning stay. Thank you and all of the staffs here couldn't wait for your as well as the little one's next visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a few days stay in the "jungles" of Thailand it was nice to sink into the comfy bed and be pampered by the luxury of life. The hotel is warming lighted and very quiet. Our room is on the 20th floor and we have a good view of the city. The service and facilities is above par.
Only "complain" is the hot water system - it's not stable - you get sudden hot streams.
A word of advice for those taking taxi to the airport. Make sure you ask the driver to use meter before you enter the taxi or else negotiate a price (should be not more than 500bath). Our driver refused to use the meter and insist that we pay the highway toll on top of the 500 bath fare!!! It left a bad taste...........

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words for us. We will definitely look into the issue raised about the temperature of the water system, please accept our sincerest apology for the matter.

A word if advice if I may, always ask our concierge to hail you a taxi. It is within our procedure that all taxi must go by metre and most importantly we do it for you for free :)

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.