“A World Class Act!”

Ranked #12 of 149 Outdoor Activities in Bangkok
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the top tourist attractions in the city, SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean World boasts world-class features, such as a 270-degree glass tunnel and a glass bottomed boat in which to view the vast range of 6,000 amazing creatures.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our group was very impressed with the quality of the exhibits and the fact that all of this is under the Siam Paragon Mall. If you have never seen a real shark this is definitely the place to go. Not only do they have several varieties, they are quite large which I have not found in other aquariums that I have visited. I saw specimens of fish here that I have never seen before and the size of some of them is crazy. The giant fresh river fish are spectacular. They do regular feeding shows throughout the day so that you get to see interaction with the different specimens, including the sharks and eagle rays. Something for everyone to enjoy!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,722)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My kids want to visit that place every single time we are in Paragon. Unfortunately prices have been kept so high that it is not possible for us to afford it many times.

I wonder if Paragon takes a look at the pricing policy and may be overall they may have better revenues hence profit by reducing prices and increasing frequency of the visits of the people.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The basic entrance fee is 900baht for adults and 700baht for children(above 80cm). If you have 2 adults and 2 children, the Family Package is value for money because for 3500baht, you get to get a walk "behind the scenes", take a glass bottom boat ride, get free popcorn and Pepsi, free fish spa and watch the 5D show. Honestly, I didn't find the first two items that interesting because it was only a small area. The Pepsi was huge and we only redeemed 2 out of 4. We couldn't finish the popcorn either cos we went after lunch. We didn't do the fish spa for hygiene reasons. The 5D show is slightly different from 4D shows because the seat(where yr butt rests), actually has air pressure spots that move and create an extra effect. Popcorn and Pepsi can only be redeemed inside so make sure you do so before taking the escalator up at the souvenir shop.

If you can't get the family package and if you came in a taxi, the taxi driver may offer to help you buy the all-encompassing 1100baht ticket at 900baht instead. I didn't believe him so I rejected his offer,but it turned out to be true. The single adult ticket which includes all the above is 1100baht and 900baht is for entry only.

The Siam Ocean World is quite big, and you could fully explore it, with those additional activities, in about 2 hours. We were told that there would be a shark feeding session at 1pm, and we excitedly waited for it, only to find that it was really... NOTHING. 2 divers went down with a blue basket, 2 sharks they call Romeo and Juliet started approaching the basket. When the basket was opened, they dived their mouths in. In about 5 mins, the "show" was over. The narrator was speaking in English I couldn't understand. There were many other shark looking creatures around and the divers were fending them off with sticks. I didn't get the whole thing. Poor narration aside, it was plain boring to watch.

We were greeted by many mascots at the entrance and that must have been the children's favourite part. The mascots were very friendly and many a time tried to carry my kids and tease them. There is a huge variety of marine animals. They have different themes for different areas. There are also non-marine animals like scorpions being showcased. At the end of the whole walk, there is a kids playground and a tv/reading area, all marine-life related of course. Books were in Thai though. I'm glad they made an effort to make the place enticing. I'm not a marine lover and it was really more for the kids. I did see something new though - gigantic water rats...

For a family of 4, this short tour would set you back by more than a 100usd. Although what they offered was worth the money, I feel like I could have spent my money on other attractions instead. It was an enjoyable experience, but perhaps once is enough, unless you really LOVE the ocean animals.

3  Thank June L
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Though it was not as big as the one in Singapore.. it was really an eye feast..spent a great time with the aquatic animals...

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Siam oceam world was a mesmerizing exp. Only thing that got me out of that place was shortage of time (and i had already spent 2 hrs there).
leave nothing, do every thing ... I had to miss out on walking with the shark exp :(
Online booking is cheaper , just dnt forget to take a print out.