“Good room plan design, central location & spotlessly clean”

Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok
Ranked #200 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Good room plan design, central location & spotlessly clean”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This property is a great choice is you are looking for somewhere central, with easy access to transport-taxi's,MTR & BTS. The staff are friendly & helpful. It is a stones throw from Terminal 21 so its easy to stock up at the gourmet supermarket & make good use of the kitchenette if you want to make breakfast or a light meal.Without doubt the cleanest room I have ever seen, & I have stayed in a few! Comfortable even if you are planning a longer stay than the usual 2-3 nights.Doesn't have all the glossy extras of larger apartment /hotels but the economical tariff reflects this. I would stay here again & I don't usually stay at the same place twice.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 1bdr if you are traveling as a couple. Its worth the extra few dollars
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank fifofum
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear fifofum,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

We trust, you had a pleasant trip home and look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you to Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok soon.

Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here recently for one night, after having fled Koh Chang early because I hated it so much and struggling to find a hotel room. The rooms are spacious, with a large shower and have kept very well. There is a small swimming pool (great for early morning dips) and small but functional gym on the top floor, there is also a small laundry (two washing machines and one dryer - cost for a wash and dry THB 180) on the top floor. A three minute walk from Citadines there is international supermarket and deli called Foodland - to stock up on essentials. From BTS Asoke to Hotel is a brisk 8 minute walk - follow sky bridge to Exchange Tower, walk through and exit near Starbucks on the ground floor at the back - and the first street on your left is Soi 16.
Overall this was a great stay, the staff is perfectly pleasant and helpful, my only criticism would be the fast internet you can purchase in the rooms - MY TIP DON'T BOTHER- at THB 200/day you will get the same speed as you would without paying - I have no problem with Hotels trying to increase their profits by selling add-ons but seriously if you are going to charge this much for the add-on it really should work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Libica,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through our customer satisfaction survey.

Pertaining to your comment on Internet, our management’s attention has been drawn to cordinate with Internet Service Provider to upgrade on the bandwidth, which it's in process. Meantime; please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The property is an "apart-hotel" style accommodation in a very good location in central Bangkok.

Rooms are functional (and include a kitchenette and separate bedroom and living room areas) and services somewhat limited. Good if you are on a relatively tight budget or are planning a longer stay and want to avoid classic hotel accomodation

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ElBar72
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear EIBar72,

Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is my third stay at Citadines Sukhimvit 16, and I am sure it will not be the last! Much has changed since my last visit. Terminal 21 is a huge shopping mall which has sprung up next to Asok BTS station, and it is so convenient to get to from the hotel. You have banks, nice food stalls and your usual spiel of brands in the mall. The 24-hour Foodland supermarket is still thriving, and I've spent many coins there buying local produce and beer. I've stayed in many serviced apartments in Bangkok, and this has always been the best in terms of location. The TV channels were awesome too, with AXN and Fox Movie Premium vying for evening airtime. I caught Spiderman 2, Men in Black, and a host of crime thrillers (CSI rocks!).

Apart from Foodland and Terminal 21, its about 5mins easy walk from Asok BTS station, which is also an interchange station with MRT. It is about 6-7 stations from the famous MBK Mall, and is along the route to Chatuchak market (Mo Chit station).

To get to Citadines Sukhumvit 16, exit at the gate which says Exchange Tower, walk towards the building (you cannot miss the super huge True Fitness logo hung from the building), and walk down from the skybridge onto the main road. Walk in the same direction as the traffic, with Exchange Tower on your left. Turn left into the first small street you see, and you will be able to spot the orange building that is Citadines Sukhumvit 16. (As a sidenote, the spring rolls which were hawked by a roadside vendor was heavenly.... I threw some caution to the wind on my last day in BKK, and bought a box home for THB40. I nuked it in the microwave back at the apartment and had a very sinfully delicious snack. I did not suffer any food poisoning, but I would be cautious if you have a sensitive digestive system).

This trip was saved from a sad ending, as a result of an honest cleaning staff. I thought my husband and I checked the room for any missing item, but I actually left my new Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone on the bed hidden under the pillow. I am thankful the staff passed my phone to reception, who passed it back to me when I returned to collect my luggage in the late afternoon to catch my late flight back home. As a result of his or her honest act, I was saved alot of nagging from the husband, the pain of having to spend a bomb on another phone, and the torture of trying to restore contacts and build a new stash of photos/ memories of everyday.

Some tips for an enjoyable stay - request NOT to stay on Level 2 (its the level where breakfast is served and it may get annoying to hear so many people walk by the corridor, even if there is a glass door separating the rooms from the dining room). I asked for additional pillows too in case you are used to hugging pillows to sleep like I do. Breakfast is blah and nothing to crow about, but I was not there for the food. Cereal, bread, fried rice, fried vegetables, chicken, simple soup, bacon, sausages are the usual spread.

Room Tip: Do not stay on Level 2 - food is served at this level and all guests come to this floor if they want...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kokonuk
Dear Kokonuk,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations, especially from Ms. Ning, our Room Attendant who shown her integrity to return your valuable items that she found during daily cleaning services. We will certainly convey your commendation to her. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Philippines
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked this hotel due to its location. About 5 minutes walk to Asoke BTS Station and Foodland supermarket, which makes it convenient to you to buy stuffs.

The booking process was smooth, after a series of emails. I managed a booking plus a guarantee of an extra bed. Check in was cool. Since we arrived early, the room was not ready yet for us. We had to leave our luggage and came back at 12 nn and our room was ok.

The room is a typical condo unit set-up. Upon entering you will see kitchen area going to a bathroom. and on the left part is the small living area converted to a room with the extra bed. And a partition where the double bed is. They happened to give us the corner room which gave us a very good view of the city, where you get to see the buildings, BTS station from our view which we liked very much.

The daily housekeeper made sure we went back to a very clean room after a day tour during our stay. The staff are friendly and will always facilitate your request. I even had our itinerary of travel printed for us at no extra charge. And even delivered the document in our room. That is a good service. :)

Breakfast and dinner. No problem. Coffee Alley it is just stone's throw away from Citadines 16.
Good food too. Serve typical breakfast menu. Ham/waffle/egg/bacon/sausage/sandwich and other menu being served.

Check out was efficient. The fastest check out process I encountered in my travel experiences. :)

We had a great stay with them. I can say that the 5days 4 nights stay with them was cool. Some glitches about the access cards given but the concern were addressed promptly.

I'll recommend this hotel to anybody who will visit in Bangkok. :)

Room Tip: choose 507 room. Cool window view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melanie R,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through TripAdvisore.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations, Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very nice, clean and modern room with a sliding partition between living and bedroom area and a quite well equipped small kitchen. Comfortable bed. Friendly and helpful reception staff although not everyone had good knowledge of English. Fantastic location very close to the BTS and the MRT and a Foodland supermarket a few steps away. The only drawback in my room was the location of the clothes cupboard, which was in the middle of the window front, thereby considerably reducing the window size. For the next visit I would choose another room with a different layout.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't have the cupboard in the middle of the window front if you value...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Check in/out was efficient with no issues.

Room was clean, comfortable and had a good bed. Location is great being close to bts Asoke and other shops and resturants. Foodland grocery store is very close so you can stock up with supplies for the kitchen if you want to eat in your suite.

Staff were friendly and helpful. There is a mac computer in the lobby for those requiring internet access if you don't have a your device.

Pool area was small but adequate for cooling off from the heat.

My main complaint was the AC. The fan speed couldn't be adjusted to low so this meant it was always on high. It made too much noise at night which affected my sleeping. The maintenance guys tried to resolve but ultimately gave up as it wasn't possible to fix. I ended up turning off the AC at night which made for a warm room by morning. This was the first time I've ever stayed at a hotel that didn't have multiple fan speeds for AC.

Would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo