I'm an American expat and I ended up staying here just for one night since my air conditioning was not working in my apartment and it was just up the road from me.
So, I decided to lodge there as well as check it out in case of a needed accommodation at some point in the future.
Potential lodgers beware; this hotel is NOT in Bangkok province and not all that close to the major attractions that can be found nearer the center of Bangkok. It's in Samut Prakan province but just on the outside of Bangkok so it's not that far from main access to the city nor that far from the main airport of Suvarnbhumi. The hotel is also not too distant from the Bearing BTS Skytrain station.
However, it is close to the existing attractions in Samut Prakan which would include the Ancient City, Crocodile Farm, and the Erawan Museum (where the giant elephant statue is).
The hotel was very clean and was very impressed with the interior of the room (I chose a superior). The bed was big and the closet space was separately divided as was the bathroom. The bathroom actually had a frosted sliding door and a curtain in front of it in which you could close off from the main room.
The air is nice and cool and the bed very comfortable and got a good night's sleep.
There was also a big TV, small frig, table space and chair, safe in the closet, and WIFI.
* However, to access WIFI one must pay 100 Baht and is good for only 24 hours. (There may be other options to get it for longer though but not sure).
* There IS apparently a swimming pool although I did not go to it nor check it out since only being there for one night.
When you book you also get a breakfast coupon which must be presented for each day's meal. The food is basic but good and consists of a buffet style meal. You are offered things like fried rice, fried eggs, breads, sausage, fruit, juice etc. (even spaghetti).
It was good though and left me very satisfied.
Finally, the staff were great, helpful, and pleasant and even give a complimentary small ornamental Thai style elephant to keep.
Also, if you don't want to bother paying for the snacks and drinks already stocked in the frig, the hotel is just within walking distance of both a Family Mart (a convenience store), a 7 Eleven, and street food which will be sold all along the road and all on the same side of the hotel. Just go out of the hotel, walk to the end of the entrance and turn left (which will be on Teparak Road). Then just walk along the sidewalk and you will find an array of foods to choose from if you are hungry.
I would certainly consider staying here again if there was ever a need and would love to make it an apartment actually.
For more information just follow the link to view the hotel's main website:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the outskirts of Bangkok, in close proximity to the BITEC exhibition centre, the hotel is ideally placed for business and leisure. The hotel features a fine dining restaurant serving an array of Asian and International dishes and a 24 hour limousine service to take guests to down town Bangkok to discover the thriving business and shopping destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Color Living Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.