I found this hotel on Agoda and was attracted to it's very cheap price (more about that later) and close proximity to the main road - Sukhumvit Road. However, I feel the hotel is misleading the public by offering extremely cheap rooms that you end up realizing upon check-in to be very old, dirty, and just down right nasty. And each of these rooms lack a bathroom as there is a shared bathroom on the floor!
And since you prepay on Agoda, you feel compelled to upgrade to the other rooms in the hotel for $15 more per night, which are entirely a different world. The rooms are large, modern, clean, private bathroom, and extremely different than what I initially booked in the smaller/older rooms.
The cheaper/older rooms are located on the 2nd floor (even though they are numbered in the 100s) and even the walls, carpeting, and ceiling are in horrible condition, as compared to the pristine condition of the other three floors with the nicer rooms. It just appears to me that the hotel sucks you in with the low price and then coincidentally offers to show you the other nicer rooms at a higher price.
There is free WiFi and the included breakfast was nice and sufficient. The hotel lobby is very nice as it focuses on the DaVinci motif with paintings and pleasant color coordination.
The location is also ideal as it's conveniently located on Sukhumvit Soi 31, just a 2 minute walk down the street and about a 10-15 minute walk to the Asoke BTS.
All in all, an ok experience but beware when booking the cheapest rooms and expect to receive absolute abysmal conditions. If you pay an extra $15/night you'll be alright.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspira DaVinci Sukhumvit 31 is located in Sukhumvit. Just a ten minutes walk from the conveniently located BTS Skytrain Phrom Pong Station, the hotel is ideal for those who want to be in the heart of shopping district. In addition the abundance restaurants, bars and clubs, a few minute's walk away or to the main entertainment areas 5 minutes by taxi. Its architecture seeks to recapture the ancient Shanghai chic in Bangkok. It's as charming and vintage traditional boutique hotel as you would find in Europe, a neoclassical style property featuring high ceilings are reminiscent of a traditional European building, a distinct personality, rendered by the use of Leonardo Da Vinci's masterpieces on the walls to enhance the feeling of originality and exclusivity to the property. The contemporary 15 guest rooms are elegantly decorated with antique-looking furniture and equipped with modern conveniences. The amazing themed rooms showcase an elegant interior decor and a sophisticated ambiance fashioned in the style of a classic colonial. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aspira Davinci Sukhumvit 31 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Davinci Suites And Le Spa
- Davinci Suites & Le Hotel Bangkok
- Davinci Hotel Le