“Great service and room amenities”

Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok
Ranked #176 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My hubby and I stayed at the apartment for 4 days from 17- 21 June 2014. Upon reaching the hotel on the first day, to our delight, the staff managed to allow us for a late check-out at 3pm for the last day. The process of checking in was a breeze and took approximately 5 minutes. We liked the concept of the tiny kitchen with all utensils we needed. They even have an electrical stove! However, there are a few equipment that malfunctioned; the 2 power points near the microwave oven and the electric kettle did not have a safety catch (it continued to boil and did not stop). We had to manually stop the kettle from boiling. Other than that, the room was clean and we really liked the sliding door that divided the living room from the bedroom as well as the sliding tv panel. As I am a light sleeper, having the television blocked away from my sight means that I am able to have good quality sleep. =) There was also free housekeeping and 2 bottles of water for us every day.

As the apartment was rather far from the BTS station (or we did not know the shortcut to the BTS station), we were very pleased with the shuttle tuk-tuk service provided. We are even able to get the tuk-tuk to pick us up from the BTS station back to the apartment! However, it took a slightly longer time because of the traffic though. On the last day of our visit, we checked out at 3pm and went for a massage nearby. However, after our massage, there was a heavy downpour. We called the receptionist from our apartment and they immediately arranged for the tuk-tuk to pick us up back to our hotel and a taxi to send us to the airport. We appreciated the gesture and would like to thank the hotel staff for their great service which made our trip an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Faithyee,

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations, especailly from Guest Service Team. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

At the same time, we regret to learn that we fell short of your expectation pertaining to power point outlet at kitchen counter, our Technician has checked and fix to normal function. Meantime, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We trust, you had a pleasant trip home and look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you to Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Having recently stayed here for the third time in the last year, I thought I'd add a review. I've enjoyed each of the times I've stayed, and think it's a great location. Bars, restaurants, shopping are all within easy reach and the Asoke BTS station is a 10 minute walk or less if you get the hotel tuk-tuk to drop you at the intersection. The rooms are clean, comfortably air-conditioned and have wifi, you can order food from the restaurant downstairs, which has a bar with a little private off-street courtyard, and there is a cute roof-top pool. The thing that really made it worth coming back each time though was the people. The staff were always very friendly and helpful, particularly Jaranee Aregardriks (Henry) who manages the tours and sightseeing, and always has the answer for those new to this amazing city. On one occasion I needed to replace the screen on my phone and Henry made sure I got it done quickly and at the right price, he even came with me, exemplary service! I will stay here again next time I'm in Bangkok and in particular because of Henry.

Room Tip: If you stay on the top floor you are next to the pool/gym
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank subeast .
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear subeast,

We are glad to hear your compliments towords our service especially from Henry, our Tour Operator. Receiving such feedback from residents like yourself inspire us to continually improve our service delivery.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

thanks to reception who helped me check in with my family.. when check out offering late check out because the my plane at night.. thanks to tutuk driver to everyday drive me to asok bts.. the hotel is awesome!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ajudya

Dear ajudya,

We are glad to hear your compliments towards our product and services. Receiving such feedback from residents like yourself inspire us to continually improve our service delivery.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Good value, very clean, really nice apartments the set up of the room is great, staff very help full.
The lady in the lobby that organises tours just brilliant. In an interesting part of town, but for a woman walking around by myself some times felt very safe. Great eateries all close by. Would go back there for sure,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your comment toward your recent stary at Citadines Sukhumvit 23. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was first time that I chose to stay in this service apartment hotel. I had couple of stay in other serviced apartment but trying this proved to be right decision for me.
Let me describe about the room.
Location- The hotel is conveniently situated in the vicinity of sukhumvit area not very far from Ashoke BTS and Sukhumvit MRT. In fact one can walk for 5-6 minutes to reach any of the said station. Thanks to Citadine they arrange Tuktuk service free for all their guests.
I stayed in executive studio room which was good enough to carry small family of 3. The Studio room is divided through partition between living room and bedroom. The partition are adjustable and used as per need. The interior of the room specially lights were aesthetically fitted in the room to have just amount of light one need. Room has individual air-condition which may be run as per requirement. 32" lcd tv can be shifted from living room to bedroom or vice versa through channel- I find this concept very noble.
The kitchen of the room is at right after entry of the room and it is equipped with everything you need to cook the food. Just one thing missing - Tea Filter. I could n't filter my tea. The utensils and crockery is sufficient for 3 persons. The washing liquid and scrubber was also provided to clean the crockery. The kitchen has micro-oven, small fridge, toaster and tea maker. Tea sachet and drinking was was also supplied as complimentary. For Indian or those who wish to cook Indian food can get all cooking items from grocery shop called rajni just apposite the hotel. Even other groceries are their in close vicinity.
The reception staff were very courteous and provided me an early check in. All rooms are locked with smart card and even to operate lift you need the room card.
The swimming pool and gym are in top floor. Both are very small in size nothing worthy of mention may be good for kids.
For laundry they has washing machine which may be used against payment of money.
Ground floor has one restaurant where I took breakfast which is not at all good either in menu or taste. I suggest avoid it if not complimentary.

Over all I had very good experience of this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank vinodbh
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Vinodbh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok.

Feedback such as yours inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The studio is well laid out with a separate sleeping area. The furnishings are modern and everything is provided for cooking and living - even an ironing board, iron and scissors. The staff are well trained and genuinely friendly. A shuttle bus takes you to Asok BTS or it is an easy 10 minute walk on a good footpath. The neighborhood is very safe and clean with good street food and several restaurants. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Maggie T.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again at Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is the second Citadines Hotel we have stayed at and we can't fault it. The layout of the rooms is great with good air conditioning and good size desk to store your electronics and work at. Yes the bed is a bit hard like most Asian hotels but the Citadines room is way better than its price range. The internet is adequate for planning your trip and the TV has CNN, Fox movie and Australia network plus more. Close to BTS Skytrain and MRT there are many dining options within a short walk. The hotel tuk tuk was available every time me needed it to get to main road but the taxi from the airport did have trouble finding it on arrival. So as I said no complaints and would stay here again and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Greg P

Dear Greg P.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.