“Superb wine dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: An award-winning restaurant offering the culinary passion and authenticity of Italy. Enjoy the very finest classic and contemporary Italian cuisine served in a setting of a Tuscan villa.
“Superb wine dinner”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

An excellent and friendly fine dining restaurant and that is why we are regular customers there. Our latest visit was on Friday 30 March 2012 where we attended the Antinori wine dinner. We normally do not eat heavy meats but opted to try the venison and the veal tong that night. we must say the foods and the pairings were excellent. but as always, the pastas are good and for that night we were served stuffed ravioli with shaved black truffle. An enjoyable night!

Wine dinner aside, we always enjoy our visit to Rossini's. We are always well taken care of by the staff (Khun Tam, X, B, and Neung to name a few) and the chef, the recent one being Stefano. They are there to try to please you the best they can with their food and service.

And lastly, the parmesan cheese/nut stick is a very good starter if you are not allergic to nuts!!

• Visited March 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“eccellente”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have been there few times already...but he other night was the best ever...!!! with the recommended dishes of the big chef Stefano we couldn't made any mistakes...was just awesome...i ,over the top,enjoyed the saffron ravioli filled with baccala' and the wild salmon with jerusalem artichokes...!!! for my few bath...this is the place...!!! and...many thanks at the really keen attentions of Gianluca,very nice restaurant manager that made my special night...really great experience!!!

Visited March 2012
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Hotel Italian...okay, not great.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Tried this restaurant a few times...I always left feeling like it wasn't quite up to par.

1 Thank Brent S
Bangkok
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

It was my first time in this Restaurant and I must admit I loved it. I'm a big fan of Italian food and I've tried many places around Bangkok and Rossini is now one of my favorite.
The location is very convenient, just in the city center. The atmosphere of the place is very warm, relaxing and they had a great staff following you during the whole time. I personally got some great advises regarding the food and the wine from the guy working there. Me and my wife totally enjoyed the dinner and we recommend this place to some Italian food FANatic like us.
5*****
Regards

• Visited February 2012
Scatterbrook
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

In opening, I would emphasise that this review is a faithful representation of my experience at Rossini’s - which was very disappointing - and is no way intended to be a ‘contradiction’ of those reviews posted by other Tripadvisor contributors, whose experiences, in the main, appear to have been more enjoyable than my own, and whose expectations, naturally, are not a precise reflection of mine.

My wife and I are (fairly) regular guests at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, and on our latest visit - and having noted pan fried foie gras (yes, I know how they make it; no letters please) on the menu - we booked a table at Rossini’s. The table was lovely: a candle-lit ‘alcove’ with a very cosy feel about it. I picked the wine, which turned out to be outstanding (as one would expect at £75 a bottle) and things were looking good.

However, there was, I observed, something palpably disorganised and frantic about the way the staff were going about their business; and whilst this had not, as yet, impacted us directly, I admit to having been a bit surprised to see this in an ‘award-winning’ restaurant, although I am not alive to the nature and timing of the particular ‘award(s)’ in question.

Anyway, oil and vinegar in which to dip bread were duly provided by our waitress - but no bread. We waited. And then we ordered. Still no bread. Eventually - and fearing that our starters would arrive before we had the opportunity to partake of some form of appetiser - I had to ask the chap who appeared to be the head waiter, or manager, for some bread, which he duly produced from a table less than 5 feet from ours (albeit around a corner, where we couldn’t see it). Not a disaster by any means, but way off the advertised 5-star standard.

The foie gras itself was tasty, although significantly more stringy than I had hitherto encountered, and served in a pool of raspberry coulis, which completely overpowered the flavour of the foie gras. Ah issue of personal taste of course, but a most baffling combination in my view. However, the real sting came with the main course: gorgonzola risotto, which tasted exactly like - and had precisely the same consistency as - rice pudding. There was only the mildest hint of gorgonzola in the mix, and frankly, any chef (let alone a Michelin star holder) allowing dishes of this standard to leave his kitchen really needs to be re-assessed.

Naturally, when the head waiter enquired as to whether we had enjoyed the main course (which, given that we had hardly eaten any of it, struck me as being an entirely disingenuous question) I politely explained the basis of our disappointment with the dish. Notably, he made no attempt to explore our concerns in this regard, and - although his manner was not at all impolite - offered no apology, or attempted explanation. Simply put, he was immediately and entirely resigned to the situation, which gave me cause to think that ours was not an uncommon complaint. In any event, I asked that the dishes be excluded from our bill, to which he agreed without question.

Hilariously, he proceeded to ask if we would like to order dessert. “I’ve just had one” rather sprang to mind…or part of one, more accurately. We politely declined and asked for the bill. And here, the ongoing disorganised set-up of the place was evidenced: the bill came, with the two rice puddings included. I explained that we had (I thought) agreed to their exclusion, which clearly came as something of a surprise to the bearer of said bill, and after some further debate the rightful situation was restored.

No explanation, no apology, no compensatory offering, and - more worryingly - no apparent interest in exploring our concerns as to the standard of their offerings. Hugely disappointing, and for a restaurant charging these prices, wholly unacceptable.

• Visited February 2012
SGSGM, General Manager at Rossini's, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I naturally was very concerned to read your review and called for a full investigation. However I wish first to apologize for the totally unacceptable experience, which is far from the normal standards we offer our guests. I certainly appreciate the time and effort you have taken to review your experience in Rossini’s.

For this I unreservedly apologize and hope that I can welcome you back in the near future to experience our new Spring menu, which will be launched later this month with a completely new set of risottos. Please reach out to me directly for any reservation that I can make, as I personally wish to ensure that your next dining experience at Rossini’s will be an extremely enjoyable and memorable one. It is important to me and my team to make amends for your recent experience and to demonstrate that it was the exception rather than the rule. Once again thank you for your time and attention.

With Kind Regards,