“Lovely place. Spicy food”
Review of Basil

Basil
Ranked #70 of 10,929 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: basil is an award-winning Thai restaurant serving the finest authentic cuisine in a sophisticated setting. Diners can enjoy the exquisite flavors of traditional dishes made from fresh ingredients and presented with creative flair.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Lovely place. Spicy food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I know, I know spicy is the norm in Thailand. However, I felt that the food in Basil was spicy to the point where it was hard to appreciate any other flavor. Maybe we just didn't make the right choices, but it was hard for me to enjoy the food.
Staff was really nice and helpful and the place is beautiful.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank gracemarini
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear gracemarini,

May I thank you for dining at basil and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the contemporary atmosphere of our restaurant as well as the service provided by our team. However, I am concerned to read that the food was too spicy to your tasting. You are correct to mention that spicy is the norm in Thailand, however, our team would be delighted to prepare all dishes to your preferred tastes. Moreover, please feel free to ask for recommendations from our Venue Managers, who would be delighted to assist you in making the best choices.

I hope that despite the mis-experience during this visit, we would have the opportunity of welcoming you back to create a more memorable dining experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
bolton west canada
“What a great surprise”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having read a few reviews about this restaurant I was interested In finding out if all of them were true. As We were not staying in that hotel, we decided to go there by choice and not out of laziness...
The reviews were true and more. Everything was perfect from beginning to end and every single dish that we choose and shared were absolute delight.
And the decor and the service were a plus

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank jean-Pierre v
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear jean-Pierre v,

May I thank you for choosing to dine at basil and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed not only the food, but also the service provided by our team at basil. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to note that our contemporary decor added your positive dining experience.

My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable dining experience.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Thai Delight”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

An exceptional menu.
started with the lemongrass set - a choice of 4 different starters. Loved the grilled salmon

a very good seafood Tom yum followed.

For mains we had a lamb cutlet in a spicy basil sauce (khaPrao?!!) and a wonderful steamed sea bass.

will definitely return on my next trip!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank AJWW4764
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear AJWW4764,

Thank you for choosing to dine at basil and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the Lemongrass Set. Your kind words have been shared with the culinary team at basil and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

“don't miss it”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. The set lunch is very good with a reasonable price and variety choices. The staffs are full of smiles.

4 Thank Dorothy Y
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Dorothy Y,

Thank you for choosing to dine at basil and for sharing your experiences.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our set lunch menus. Moreover, it is a great pleasure that our service team were able to be a part in enhancing your dining experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great restaurant and people with fantastic flavors and perfect spice level.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Since I have tried this restaurant last time and love it. So I and my partner decided to make another visit and did not disappoint. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a smile from the hostess and our attentive server. she ushered us to a table, and our server promptly returned with cold herbal juice as a welcome drink and help on menu recommendations. We were interested in the restaurant's best dishes, and when we told him we love spicy stuff, he smiled and unhesitatingly suggested the green papaya salad and lamb stir-fried with garlic chili and basil sauce. We happily agreed, and added hot and sour shrimp soup to our order. After a couple bites, the manager just came to ask how 's the food and of course we loved it and finished all. Yummy!!
Thank you Basil for making our dinner so special and enjoyable

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Pickitupone
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Pickitupone,

Thank you for returning to basil and for sharing your experience with us.

At basil, we strive to provide our guests with a memorable dining experience. Your comments are definitely what we aim to achieve. Your kind words of compliments have been shared with the team and they look forward to the next opportunity in creating a memorable dining experience with you.