“Feel like a king”

Cuisines: Thai, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed January 22, 2012

First and foremost, this place has awesome food. But it is the service that sets it apart from just about every other restaurant in Thailand. There will always be a few waiters and waitresses attending to your table, keeping their distance but always there to answer questions. And, please, ask some questions about the menu. The smiles on their faces as they answer tell of their pride and of how deeply they seem to want you to enjoy your meal.

This is one of those restaurants where everything on the menu sounds so damn good that it is impossible to narrow down your choices. And it is also one of those restaurants that is just so damn good you can't help but eat everything up. No matter how much you order.

It is classic Royal Thai cuisine, which is probably familiar to anyone who travels to Bangkok. So I won't go into each dish with specifics. But I do want to say how perfectly everything is prepared. The fried foods are not greasy. The fish arrives perfectly tender. All the dishes are exquisitely seasoned. What balance! And the staff is always more than happy to prepare dishes that are not on the menu.

We have been traveling to Bangkok for our winter holidays for a number of years now, and Benjarong has been a favorite for as long as we can remember.

1  Thank Jiesto

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been a long time customer of Benjarong restaurant. It was introduced to me by a dear friend who lives in Bangkok, after one try, I make sure it is one my must-dos while in Bangkok every time. I still keep their limited version long box matches and exclusive mini cook book.

You can easily find the restaurant in Dust Thani hotel (BTS Sala Daeng). The decor is plush and elegant. Overlooking a man-made waterfall, with outdoor seating available. The food were beautifully presented on benjarong bone china, which is normally reserved for use with the Royalties. Some of the must-trys are Tom Yum Goong, Tom Kah Kai, Green Chicken Curry, etc. They make a very good Pomelo salad as well. In fact, most of the dishes I tried are all excellent. Service is impeccable and efficient, with waiters dressed smartly in Thai silk uniform. Sometimes, they also have Thai dance performance depending on the season. Prices is considered high in Thailand, but for most foreigners, it's moderate. I find it a divine experience to dine in there, lunch or dinner, with dinner time extra special because the decor looks really more stunning at night.

1  Thank la_speranza
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at the dusit thani which was fantastic so we thought we would try the benjarong.

We have tried a few restaurants in Bangkok and this was by far the worst. The food was extremely oily but the worst part of the meal were the deep fried prawns wrapped in noodles.

My wife notices that the digestive track had not been removed from the prawns. We opened each one to find that none of them had been removed.

We asked the waiter why this had not been done and she told us that she would consult the chef. When she returned we were told that is was just the fat from the prawn.

Im happy to say that I would never try this restaurant again

Reviewed August 22, 2011

In between the Pomelo Salad and the Mango with sticky rice dessert, we had Tom Yum Goong, - Full Flavoured large Tiger prawn soup with Lemon grass, Lime leaves, Galanga and roasted chilli paste topped with fresh coriander or mint leaves; Goong Pad Khring - Stir fried tiger prawns ; and other Royal Thai dishes that left me limp from too much gastronomic pleasure and bliss.
Recounting the experience is making me so hungry and craving for Thai food and iced Lemongrass juice. I hope Benjarong in Dusit Thani Philippines serves the same exquisite Royal Thai meals.
Hopefully i can post that Benjarong review soon.

1  Thank travelchoss
Reviewed August 23, 2010

One of the most memorable dishes I have ever had was strawberry Tom Kha Gai. It was a special they had here awhile back and is not normally on the menu but if it's available it's a must try. I have never had better Thai food than at this restaurant. The beef Penang curry is also highly recommended.

1  Thank UGAVII