“bad service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #273 of 1,132 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked 2 rooms(3 nights) executive deluxe suite promotion. We arrived for check in at 2pm & found out only 1 room available, they promise within an hour the other room should be ready. My friend come back in 2 hours but room is not ready & room ready at 6pm.
Our room didnt get clean on following day which is ok for us because we didnt leave our rooms at noon, but we requested toilet rolls/ shampoo for 3 times on that day.
We asked for late check out at 3pm or at least for 1 room but we had rude & unprofessional answered, i told her that when we booked the condition for late check out is 3pm but she didnt try to compromise with us with told us u have to check out by 1pm.
This my first time & the last time i stay at this hotel

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank bakcang69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very nice hotel, with clean and neat rooms.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
The location was also good for me as I was on a business trip.
There is no nightlife fun around. Its just a very simple and quite area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Venus S
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel was very basic and enough for what we paid! the staff were very friendly! But our main problem was transport! its too far from the sky train..the free tuk tuk shuttle is not very often and for us the timing just didnt work out! We had one terrible experience! during the day, we were having drinks and sudddenly there were hundreds of cockroaches everywhere!!!!!!!!!! apparently they were fumigating the place!!!! it was disgusting!!!!!! Never going back there for sure! Silom is the area to be!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thejohnsons_13
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you stay outside the hotel most of the day but you need the hotel located right next to BTS (railway system), I Residence Hotel can be one of your choices.

Since we are just paying for B$9200 for two nights x two rooms (inclusive of breakfast, 10% service charge and VAT) + Free unlimited Wifi, the overall service at front desk, cosy room, low ceiling, thin walls, average bathroom would be all okay.

This is a choice for budget travelers. For business travelers, please do throughout check in advance if you really need to pick a hotel at Chong Nonsi BTS station.

Room Tip: Please try to get corner room as walls are thin. You might hear the next door conversation clearly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy Y
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

When we first arrived we thought we had mad a bad choice but where we wrong! This small hotel had everything we needed. The room was a very good size, clean and was a great place to return to after a hot day around town. After reading some reviews I was concerned but those people must be very hard to please. There is a building being built next door but the so called noise didn't bother us at all. The staff where excellent in every way, they could not do enough to make our stay any better. They have a small outside cafe and bar which was great. My only downside was the breakfast as it is mainly aimed at the Asian market,need bacon lol. Location was great, very quiet, tuk tuk only about 100/200bht to get to most places. Once again don't be put off by some comments as we would return here next time in a heart beat. Once again thank you to the hotel for a great stay see you next time. Now going to krabi.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor just above reception great room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graeme O
Ubon Ratchathani
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for 6 days in March and the first disaster was when I arrived at the hotel
late about 2245 pm. I was checked in and after filling in the registration form, I was than asked for my credit card for full payment. I have never done that in any other 3/4/5 star hotels that I have stayed until check out date or the night before when I usually check out of the property. Than to cap it all the receptionist asked for 1000 Baht as a deposit and would be returned on the day of departure if I had not used or abused the room. It was mind boggling to be in a situation like this. Again I have never done that before, my credit card is enough for all transactions.

I can't understand why the call it a boutique hotel, because it clearly is not. The reception area is small you could not swing a cat in there. The place is a little better than hostel. The maintenance of the building and cleanliness of the general corridors was least to be desired. I am not sure when this hotel opened, but its time for extreme makeover. The rooms are ok but they need a make over. The first night the basin tape came off in my hand, the TV is old as the hills and very limited English programs 1 or 2. The air condition was also limited in giving out cool air as Bangkok is so hot. The house keeping people wanted to clean my room at 830am on a Sunday morning when I was taking a casually easy morning, maybe she did not want to come back later. Its amazing.

The room service was the only good thing there, prompt. The food was ok, I could have got better elsewhere. My request where totally disregarded when I made the reservations and one of the request was not to give me a room just outside the elevator, which they did. It was noisy and single beds were stored behind my bed wall and it got overcrowded as the area was so small and it was ugly to see this in a hotel corridor especially near the elevator. So how they were granted boutique is beyond my imagination. So I was going to have a second stay there in April, which I have now cancelled. I guess you get what you pay for in life. The photos shown in there website gallery was nothing that I saw unless they have a junior suite that looked like that, but certainly my room did not . Their photography is very clearly done.Well they have lost my custom. Also beware if you want a taxi service from the hotel it will cost you 500 Baht to either airport. Over the top. The actual taxi fare to either airport is not more than 300 Baht. So if you have just a back pack of a suitcase on wheels walk to main street and hail a taxi from there, many come by. Keep in mind the meter rate plus the toll charges are your responsibility, but no where 500 Baht.Bangkok is not short of hotels check around before you arrive. . .

Room Tip: Check your rooms first before accepting, this is for any hotel around the world. Check the public ar...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank RobertDaleJohnG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really disappointed and want to complain the Hotel I Residence Sathorn
It is the miserable hotel in my life! I can't imagine that Bangkok have such kind of Hotel which is the worst than China business inn!
No service, small, the supper noisy air-condition, no internet and no tooth brush & paste……..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels