“Not only baking goods”

Ranked #12 of 11,275 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Serving up fresh baked breads, homemade cookies, delicious cakes and scrumptious sandwiches, the Bangkok Baking Company is the city’s premier destination for baked goods. Located on the ground floor (lobby level) of the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, everything here is baked fresh on site every day. Open early at 6:00 AM, BBCo is perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast before a busy day, enjoying a leisurely brunch to start off a day of sightseeing, or a cup of coffee and a snack. Open for lunch and dinner as well, there is always something that will hit your fancy at the Bangkok Baking Company. • Designer cakes • Freshly-baked breads • Thai food • Assortment of pies, rolls and pastries • Sandwiches • Chocolates
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Don't be fooled by the name - the bangkok baking co does not only offer absolutely delish pastries and baking goods, they also have a good range of other tasty dishes. My absolute favorite was the spicy beef salad, one of the best i ever had. (Just order rice with it, it's really hot...). The coffee is very good ( at least the cappuccino, never tried an espresso) and we had some pasta one time as well that was solid (but far from the best ever. Nevertheless, not bad). And they got free wifi -what else do you need. Recommendable!

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Lydia Baenziger,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your recent vist and for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our food offering especially the Spicy Beef Salad. Also
the coffee and our free Wifi we're providing in all our public spaces.

We look forward to welcome you soon again and remain,

with very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott hotel Bangkok

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I went there for my first day of my vaccation, based on the reviews i found in trip advisor it was really worth going there. Everthing was perfect there from the service to the food, loving it. Defenitly im going again everytime im visiting bangkok.

1  Thank Ali B
BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Mr. Ali B,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for visiting us and for leaving your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed your experience and the Bangkok Baking Team certainly is looking forward to your next visit here, enjoying the nice weather while sitting outside.

With very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We really enjoyed the service, food and ambience. We sat at an indoor table looking out on the patio and Sukhumvit. We were looking for a late lunch near our hotel and have always had good meals at any dining establishments in the JW Marriott. So we went to this Restaurant and Bakery on the Sukhumvit street entrance. Our meal was delicious. My girlfriend told me her spaghetti bolognese was better than the pasta she had at Zanotti's, one of the best Italian restaurants in Bangkok. My Salmon was a generous portion and very fresh. We were too full for dessert or pastries but their baked goods looked yummy and had good presentation. We highly recommend a visit for coffee, pastry and/or lunch.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Jim S,

Greetings from the Bangok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for your praise and I'm glead that you've enjoyed our little outlet. We certainly will continue to improve our offering that will make guests like you comfortable.

The Bangkok Baking Company is already looking forward to your next visit, with this weather then maybe oudoor...

Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you are looking for a breakfast or a sweet snack, soft drink or a good espresso, Bangkok Baking Company is really the right place. The sweets and chocolates are delicious and my favorites (I'd recommend the Strawberry cheesecake and Apple Pie while my close friend Timmy loved Chocolate Tiamatia and Blueberry Cheese Cake. Actually they are very delicious and satisfy the most fastidious customer).
For me, this place is far more than a bakery with great coffees, juices, smoothies even beer plus a massive range of food on offer - pizzas, burgers, pasta, sandwiches.
Besides, they served a good coffee as well. My friends said Illy coffee espresso and cappuccino are excellent. There is a veranda where smokers can sit, though open, it is covered by greens from the street's traffic. Inside, they have bistro tables and comfy chairs which made us satisfied so so much.
The service is very good, professional and friendly. I believe that you will fall in love with this lovely place.
Definitely I'll be back.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Tiffany T,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for your nice recommendation to the TripAdvisor community!

I'm glad you've enjoyed some of our most delicious items. Especially the Strawberry Cheesecake is very popular.

The Bangkok Baking Company team is already looking forward to your next visit here, whenever you crave for another serving of Cheesecake, pie or one of the other freshly baked products.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

When travelling Bangkok, we stayed at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, so we decided to have breakfast at Bangkok Baking Company at this hotel. Cakes were very delicious. I was impressed by decor of each cake. Beautiful decor. Coffee was also tasty. Staff was friendly. Ambiance was nice and warm. We had a great time with family. Highly recommend. I'm sure I will get back here in the future.

Dear Tania L,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community.

It's great to read that you enjoyed our hotel-baked goods and we're looking forward to welcome you certainly back, whenever you need a relaxing break from bustling Sukhumvit Road.

With very best regads,

Travelers who viewed Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok also viewed

Been to Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!