Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 11,609 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Serving up fresh baked breads, homemade cookies, delicious cakes and scrumptious sandwiches, the Bangkok Baking Company is the city’s premier destination for baked goods. Located on the ground floor (lobby level) of the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, everything here is baked fresh on site every day. Open early at 6:00 AM, BBCo is perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast before a busy day, enjoying a leisurely brunch to start off a day of sightseeing, or a cup of coffee and a snack. Open for lunch and dinner as well, there is always something that will hit your fancy at the Bangkok Baking Company. • Designer cakes • Freshly-baked breads • Thai food • Assortment of pies, rolls and pastries • Sandwiches • Chocolates
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My quest for the favourite bakery ended up at this bakery/restaurant between Ploenchit and nana station.Here I found a great variety of baked goods and decent price:breads,danish pastries,croissants etc...Unlike other places I tried , here are all home made .Also a nice assortments of sanwiches.We sat for lunch and we had Pizza(thin crust) and an Omega3 sandwich from the displayat the end I was offered some nice cookies as well.They have some very good coffee and the service was perfect .Definetly I'll go back.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Joao73,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for sharing your nice comments with the TripAdvisor community.

I'm glad to ready that you enjoyed the difference of our homemade products with the one's pre-produced in many other places. By the way, the sandwiches in the window are for illustration purpose only - yours will be a freshly prepared one... I hope you enjoy...

The Bangkok Baking Company team (BBCo team) is looking forward to welcome you hopefully back soon...

with very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place rocks - and is far more than a bakery with great coffees, juices, smoothies even beer plus a massive range of food on offer - pizzas, burgers, pasta, sandiwches - all the while you are facing this wall of freshly made pastries and cakes. The staff are very charming and efficient and there is a great outdoor garden section too.

1  Thank Davina W
BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Davina W,

Greetings from BBCo - the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for posting your comments on the TripAdvisor website!

I'm glad you've enjoyed our menu selection and you like the environment and service team.
The team is looking forward to welcome you back, whenever you need a good meal, fresh patry or just a cup of great coffee. For the month of August we just started our Cup cake promotion.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Bangkok Baking Company at JW Marriott in Sukhumvit Bangkok has excellent pastries and the service is always fantastic!

1  Thank Tim J
BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Tim J,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for posting your comment on the TripAdvisor website.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your visits and we hope you will come back many times... maybe already this month for our Cupcake promotion.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I read very positive review of breakfast at this place and went there one weekend morning. I'm familiar with this JW Marriott as I stayed here before but was not familiar with BBC.

My friend ordered a traditional breakfast and I ordered Egg Ole - both from cafe menu available at BBC. It was OK but both of decided it wasn't something "special" or whether we would return here, given that the total bill was over 1,000 baht. The service was acceptable. Coffee was OK but no wow factor.

They did look to have some yummy bakery goods and my friend has been here before to buy some before. The venue is very nice (as it should as it's attached to a nice 5 star hotel) with good indoor and outdoor tables.

Dear Khun Hidy_H0,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company at the JW Marriott Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the TripAdivisor community.

I appreciate your comments and let me assure you that we'll review the food items you've mentioned.

Among similar establishments that provide freshly produced and baked products, the pricing of Bangkok Baking Company is among the lowest in this part of the city, additionally, the Bangkok Baking Company doesn't charge the usual 10% service charge, common in shops of other Hotels as well.

I'm sorry to hear that your visit wasn't fully satisfying as for sure also our team would have wished it.

As mentioned we'll certainly take on your comments and will work on improving our well liked products even further and hope you'll give us another try when you're in Bangkok again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Sukhumvit area is one of the busiest areas in Bangkok and you'd think it would be hard to find a place to hangout or meet with friends. The BBCo., the name it is called by locals, is a great place to perch. Right smack at the heart of the crowded area, you'll find this nice delicatessen with plenty of choices for a snack or light meal. There is a veranda where smokers can sit, though open, it is covered by greens from the street's traffic. Inside, they have bistro tables and comfy chairs and a great display of sandwiches, breads, sweet & savory pastries, salads and pralines. They serve good Illy coffee and a assortment of teas. The staff is friendly & welcoming; as you come in you are given a cold towel to refresh yourself from the heat of Bangkok weather. I've loved this place and continue to visit it everytime I am in Bangkok. And oh, they have one of the best croissants in town. Just a nice and cozy hangout place.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Khun Junegs,

Greetings from the Bangkok Baking Company (or as you as an insider already mentioned - BBCo) at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok.

I truly appreciate your nice comments and descriptions about this outlet and the time you took to share it with the TripAdvisor community.

I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience and we're able to provide you with an area that is comfortable and appealing but at the same time not too far away from Sukhumvit Road, the pulse of Bangkok.

I hope we see you many times back here at BBCo and hope you also give other outlets - for example the New York Steakhouse another try to see if we've improved our performance as well from your last visit.

With very best regards,

Travelers who viewed Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok also viewed

Bangkok, Thailand

Been to Bangkok Baking Company - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!