“VALUE FOR MONEY”

iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam
Ranked #317 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good location, Huge Malls at walking distance eg Pantip plaza, Platinum, MBK, Indra market etc. good housekeeping, staff is very courteous and helping, good amenities, good breakfast, free use of internet at lobby, Siam Paragan, siam ocean world at 15minutes walking, free tuk tuk service to Phetburi road (main road) about 400 metres away. General store just beside the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at the Mayfair suites in May having flown into Bangkok from Cambodia, it is located about ten mins from the BTS station (The staff later told me of a short cut which made it even closer) Its not the easiest place to find and it was only my personal knowledge of the area (from a previous trip) that helped me locate it. Once inside it is a very pleasant experience with a restaurant on the ground floor opposite the reception.the room was well equipped and the wifi was exceptional. Overall it was a good experience but once inside it could have been a Best Western anywhere with its corporate identity. I only had one gripe with this hotel, having booked the hotel months in advance, due to the political problems the hotel had cut the room rates, I was charged the full rate even though I could have cancelled and rebooked it at the lower rate saving a considerable ammount

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank msfoto
Reviewed May 27, 2014

glad that i book this hotel. location is quiet from the main busy street but the hotel provide free tuktuk service to nearby main road which is very good. they can even fetch us back to hotel too.
staffs are friendly..

5 mins walking distance to bts.

we were able to get some massage in the hotel due to the curfew at 10 pm. room was spacious, able to cater 3 of us.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank prontopiacere
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Free Tuk Tuk service was very helpful. Staff is polite, helpful n prompt to any request v had even late at night. We saved a lot of money on taxi as we were guided by the Front Desk staff on Taxi Fare.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here tired and grumpy to find I had been upgraded to a larger suite free of charge.so its definitely a good start!
Once willing to raise my weary head the next morning I go to speak to the concierge to find out more of whats going on in the area around me.the concierge couldn't have been more helpful or friendly!!he was so nice and told me everything I wanted to know.
The hotel offers free wifi and complimentary coffee or other hot drinks when you check in.a nice touch.
Hotel is very near the sky rail although annoyingly there's no cut through and you have to walk around but still that only takes about 7 or 8 minutes.10 if you're a slow walker I guess!
The rooms are basic but I wouldn't have expected anything more for the price I paid!the bed was wonderfully comfortable with a large main room and a lovely clean bathroom.if you want somewhere to stay that's near all the hubbub but not in dingy koh San road and is still affordable then this is your place.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This Best Western is a good value for the money. For me it was slightly inconveniently located, because its on a very quiet soi a number of blocks walk from the main road, and it can be hard to find as well as to hail a taxi from. The secluded location might be desirable to some because it means the location is a quiet one, its easy to sleep etc. Its also very near the Pratanum, an enormous market for clothes shopping.

When I checked out, the bill seemed high to me and I asked to see a copy of it. I discovered I'd mistakenly been billed for 2 nights of car parking (for over 1,000 baht each). They removed these charges (I did not have a car during my stay). Until I asked I don't think they were going to give me an itemized copy of my bill, in which case I would not have found this overbilling.

Because I had some transportation challenges, the staff were helpful making the arrangements that I needed. The hotel has its own Tuk Tuk, but this only goes to 3 places and they can not make exceptions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very good location - if your goal is to shop :-)

Rooms were good enough though it was a bit small. Tuk tuk service to nearby places was useful. Breakfast was pretty simple.

Overall it was good enough for a short stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple